Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Most of the corruption is done by educated people.

A raja - B.Sc., B.L., M.L.
Suresh kalmadi - a graduate from National Defence Academy
and the list goes on.
So, it doesn't mean that an educated person never corrupts.

I agree that we need more educated representatives in different houses, but we can't deny that there are great politicians in India who didn't have the basic education like Mr Kammarjar .
I know many persons having big degrees behaving like people right out of jungles. They must behave like a true representative, not like a savage.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

But It is my opinion that a candidate should be given more importance than a party symbol,Who will work for us,for general public.He may be from any party.

We must keep in mind the purpose of action. A candidate will not work for us. This is team work. The purpose of voting is to form a government. Even the best candidates elected as independents or on symbol of small parties will be ineffective. On the other hand even the worst candidate of a big party adds to stability of government and helps in good governance. Moreover, he can work for public better as he is member of a powerful organization. To elucidate, any member of Trinmool congress may help public more than others. even C.P.I.(M) because of good organization and links may help. But other candidates of very small parties or independents would prove of no use even if they are individually good. Such individuals can only blackmail in case of hung assembly.

However, i agree that personal quality of a candidate matters more in civic and panchayat elections.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]The central issue is surely not that educated people or bureaucrats should be inducted into politics or not rather the paramount need is to ensure that our legislators are enlightened enough to uphold the demanding standards of the job. Political skills can't be learned in the vaccuum or through some black or white magic!!! True education is supposed to inculcate certain values. [/quote]

Very true! At least the legislators should be taught political sciences and should be aware of economy and social structure of their own constituencies, which will help them understand the problems and challenges that they are expected to meet!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

They behave as if they are there in the houses concerned to impress the chair with their own funny ways. Some times they act as if they are members of the jokers of a circus squad. Some times they act as if they are above the law, law is only to be followed by others.

@Sunil, the way you have described it, it is very true! In fact the question and answer sessions in the Loksabha are nothing but a farcical comedy of sorts with the whole nation and the world watching it, but nithong will deter them from throwing those tantrums! It only proves how lightly they take the serious matters!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Just wait for the budget session, Meera Kumar is gonna keep repeating just one or two phrases. 'Baith Jaiye' 'Aapka Ho Gaya' 'Your statement is not being recorded'
In fact our speaker is some one who doesn't get to speak much.

@Sunil, the way you have described it, it is very true! In fact the question and answer sessions in the Loksabha are nothing but a farcical comedy of sorts with the whole nation and the world watching it, but nithong will deter them from throwing those tantrums! It only proves how lightly they take the serious matters!

Yes absolutely!
They are representatives of common man and they should be role models. At least they should behave like cultured people and keep discipline in the parliament. Then only we people respect them. :)

Some months before....(I can't remember the personality) came to Thiruvananthapuram secretariat to take computer classes for MLAs and ministers. Actually, he was very impressed and surprised by the way our elected members behaved during the 3 day classes. He even thanked them to remain obedient during classes.
So.....if they think they can....it is absolutely possible. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
You see their behavior change altogether when they know that they are being watched. To be one-up, they can do any thing without thinking twice.

You see their behavior change altogether when they know that they are being watched. To be one-up, they can do any thing without thinking twice.

No use.... :laugh: :laugh:
Zero hour is live telecasted in many channels. They are knowing, they are watched by millions of people. Yet, they never show any signs of behaving in good manner

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.