Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Can you tell me how and why??

Lol, for that thing we don't need to have a subject for that.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
In Pune almost all English medium and convent schools have French and German as optional language subjects.

Learning French can have a lot of scope career wise, they are work as interpreters or translators, French is used as official language in many countries, not just France! Alliance Francoise is an institute that co-ordinates Youth Exchange program between India and France, your nephews could probably participate in their programs and explore more avenues with French as a goal!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

In Pune almost all English medium and convent schools have French and German as optional language subjects.

Learning French can have a lot of scope career wise, they are work as interpreters or translators, French is used as official language in many countries, not just France! Alliance Francoise is an institute that co-ordinates Youth Exchange program between India and France, your nephews could probably participate in their programs and explore more avenues with French as a goal!

hmmm.. Yes they can get work for interpreters or translators.. But is there good salary too ? :huh:

And also there must be less scope, as not all companies needs translators and other for those international languages. Isn't it? :huh:

Learning any foreign langange is good. French is easy and it is a scoring subject. If he learns french very well, he can get job in best muti national company or opt for government job. He can sit for UPSC exams for IFS(Indian Foreign Service). He can work in Indian Ambassy also. French is also good for higher studies in abroad.
Anand, to answer your question, salary and remuneration depends totally upon one's language proficiency and expertise. It is not just companies that look for translators/interpreters, but also foreign embassies with cultural attaches. For a fact French is spoken and French speaking people sought after in at least 51 countries around the world, including USA. All these countries require French professional to teach French in their schools and institutes.

French, along with English, is the official working language of
The United Nations
UNESCO
NATO
Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
the International Labor Bureau
The International Olympic Committee
The 31-member Council of Europe
The European Community
The Universal Postal Union
The International Red Cross
Union of International Associations (UIA)

French is the dominant working language at
the European Court of Justice
the European Tribunal of First Instance
the Press Room at the European Commission in Brussels, Belgium

To begin with, this is the scope of French! I only wish that I had had French in my school :(

Anand, to answer your question, salary and remuneration depends totally upon one's language proficiency and expertise. It is not just companies that look for translators/interpreters, but also foreign embassies with cultural attaches. For a fact French is spoken and French speaking people sought after in at least 51 countries around the world, including USA. All these countries require French professional to teach French in their schools and institutes.

French, along with English, is the official working language of
The United Nations
UNESCO
NATO
Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
the International Labor Bureau
The International Olympic Committee
The 31-member Council of Europe
The European Community
The Universal Postal Union
The International Red Cross
Union of International Associations (UIA)

French is the dominant working language at
the European Court of Justice
the European Tribunal of First Instance
the Press Room at the European Commission in Brussels, Belgium

To begin with, this is the scope of French! I only wish that I had had French in my school :(

Wow.. That surely add lots of scope for our career..

Thanks for the information.

I wonder why in Gujarat we don't having such languages as the subject!! :ohmy:

I am really surprised to read that in Gujarat there is no option of studying French in schools! But you could do a search for Alliance de Francoise programs, they have branches all over the country!

I just searched it and yes it is having branch in Ahmedabad. Is it something like class/institute which teach France language.

That's why I don't know about it.. I wonder why here school not having such important subject if it can be that important for the career.

Yes Anand, its an institute that promotes and facilitates learning French. You can just walk in there and get information personally.

Got it.. Got the good information about this topic from you.. Before then this I was thinking that such foreign languages are not that important, and I have given response on first page according to this.. But this change my thinking. Thanks for the info.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.