Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Army usually enrolls male unmarried persons. The women are enrolled in army Medical Corps and Military Nursing Service. There is reluctance in army to enroll women for several reasons. Posting in field/ non peace stations and deployment in actual combat is not suitable for Indian women owing to traditions and culture. If a woman soldier is arrested by enemy forces and ill treated or even raped, this will be too much to digest for Indian society and people and concerned families unlike western counterparts who may accept such mishaps for women as we do fore men.

But you are forgetting one thing Gulshan, the instances where women get raped on a daily basis is much higher in the world in India, so what is worse? Getting raped by our own countrymen, as happens in India, or getting raped by the enemy as one of hazards suffered during serving one's nation???

@ Gulshanji that is the perfect answer i also wanted to write the same thing but i did not because i knew it will agitate female users here.

@ Kalyani there is a difference but i can't explain it.
[/quote]

Sanjeev, Try explaining it!! I would really like to know your thoughts on this!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]Army usually enrolls male unmarried persons. The women are enrolled in army Medical Corps and Military Nursing Service. There is reluctance in army to enroll women for several reasons. Posting in field/ non peace stations and deployment in actual combat is not suitable for Indian women owing to traditions and culture. If a woman soldier is arrested by enemy forces and ill treated or even raped, this will be too much to digest for Indian society and people and concerned families unlike western counterparts who may accept such mishaps for women as we do fore men.

But you are forgetting one thing Gulshan, the instances where women get raped on a daily basis is much higher in the world in India, so what is worse? Getting raped by our own countrymen, as happens in India, or getting raped by the enemy as one of hazards suffered during serving one's nation???

@ Gulshanji that is the perfect answer i also wanted to write the same thing but i did not because i knew it will agitate female users here. :)

@ Kalyani there is a difference but i can't explain it. :evil:

Why can't you explain???

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6824]}[/quote]

Reason being enemies torture war soldiers of enemy nation more than we can't expect. :evil:

Have not you heard of a girl soldier of US whose photos were published in media.She just realeased her dogs on the naked soldiers to bite them. :evil: This was just an example of cruelity by which they treated IRAQIS soldiers :evil: .Later on that sort of photos were never shown on TV but that does not mean they stopped doing it.Imagine what they could have done to the female soldiers.
We have already two great candidates in boddunan!!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6822]}

A single Ceem is sufficient enough for a dozen of girls!!!! :S

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6826]}

Don't swing too fast...take care of those ropes too :P :P :P

Meera sandhu
[quote]Army usually enrolls male unmarried persons. The women are enrolled in army Medical Corps and Military Nursing Service. There is reluctance in army to enroll women for several reasons. Posting in field/ non peace stations and deployment in actual combat is not suitable for Indian women owing to traditions and culture. If a woman soldier is arrested by enemy forces and ill treated or even raped, this will be too much to digest for Indian society and people and concerned families unlike western counterparts who may accept such mishaps for women as we do fore men.

@ Gulshanji that is the perfect answer i also wanted to write the same thing but i did not because i knew it will agitate female users here. :)

Why can't you explain???

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6824]}

Reason being enemies torture war soldiers of enemy nation more than we can't expect. :evil:

Have not you heard of a girl soldier of US whose photos were published in media.She just realeased her dogs on the naked soldiers to bite them. :evil: This was just an example of cruelity by which they treated IRAQIS soldiers :evil: .Later on that sort of photos were never shown on TV but that does not mean they stopped doing it.Imagine what they could have done to the female soldiers.[/quote]

I have not given my opinion as such but only explained the hazards and mind set of Indian society families and people. It is for defence forces, government, people and the families/ female candidates to choose what they like keeping in view the hazards.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes they are giving a good fight in each and every thing we need good soldiers to our country.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

ohk everyone now let me put my point infront but before doing so let me clear some misunderstanding developed here.
firstly kalyani ji anand didnt said that girls are not meant for this field actually you misinterpreted it.he said that i dont think so that girls are not meant for this field.means he too agree with you.
next gulshan ji and sanjeev ji im not afraid of dying.because when it has to come it will so no worry about that.
my problem is somewhat a security of girl.yes there is a fear of being raped or misused but not by enemies but by own people.many of my male friends were in NCC Camp and have spend 2 to 3 years with army man.And when few months back i guess in january i told them my decision that im going to give airforce and army exam.they nodded their head in a big no and said that you wont be doing any such thing.when i came to know about the reason they told me many such instances and even my friend's would be husband is in army and when asked him he too admitted the truth that yes it do happens sometimes.
Its shameful what im going to write now i didnt wanted to mention it openly but doing.Sometimes the soldiers,the army people only rape the girl soldier..and the poor thing is that if you have no proof you cant do anything against them,either you marry someone in army only or either you have that much will.this is my fear.if so and so happened then what left with me?

i know you people wont believe but its a hidden truth.
but one truth is this also that if it has to happen then it can happen anywhere.but then too this is my second fear after delhi.im scared to go and study in delhi because of this reason.and now this one. :( :(

a.s.

Why can't you explain???

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6824]}

Have not you heard of a girl soldier of US whose photos were published in media.She just realeased her dogs on the naked soldiers to bite them. :evil: This was just an example of cruelity by which they treated IRAQIS soldiers :evil: .Later on that sort of photos were never shown on TV but that does not mean they stopped doing it.Imagine what they could have done to the female soldiers.

I have not given my opinion as such but only explained the hazards and mind set of Indian society families and people. It is for defence forces, government, people and the families/ female candidates to choose what they like keeping in view the hazards.[/quote]

But, if more females come forward, mind set of families will surely change. Earlier also, some jobs were consider a taboo for ladies. Yet they conquered most of them, even Mount everest.

Meera sandhu
[quote]
Reason being enemies torture war soldiers of enemy nation more than we can't expect.

Have not you heard of a girl soldier of US whose photos were published in media.She just realeased her dogs on the naked soldiers to bite them. This was just an example of cruelity by which they treated IRAQIS soldiers .Later on that sort of photos were never shown on TV but that does not mean they stopped doing it.Imagine what they could have done to the female soldiers. [/quote]

Sanjeev, I know what you are talking about, I have seen those too! I am not taking any sides nor am I justifying those actions, but any country, and i mean ANY, even India, who is in a dominating position as a conqueror of another country, the soldiers will do that to the enemy. Again I am not justifying any of this, horrific it may be, it is an inescapable and harsh reality!

[quote]ohk everyone now let me put my point infront but before doing so let me clear some misunderstanding developed here.
firstly kalyani ji anand didnt said that girls are not meant for this field actually you misinterpreted it.he said that i dont think so that girls are not meant for this field.means he too agree with you.
next gulshan ji and sanjeev ji im not afraid of dying.because when it has to come it will so no worry about that.
my problem is somewhat a security of girl.yes there is a fear of being raped or misused but not by enemies but by own people.many of my male friends were in NCC Camp and have spend 2 to 3 years with army man.And when few months back i guess in january i told them my decision that im going to give airforce and army exam.they nodded their head in a big no and said that you wont be doing any such thing.when i came to know about the reason they told me many such instances and even my friend's would be husband is in army and when asked him he too admitted the truth that yes it do happens sometimes.
Its shameful what im going to write now i didnt wanted to mention it openly but doing.Sometimes the soldiers,the army people only rape the girl soldier..and the poor thing is that if you have no proof you cant do anything against them,either you marry someone in army only or either you have that much will.this is my fear.if so and so happened then what left with me?

but one truth is this also that if it has to happen then it can happen anywhere.but then too this is my second fear after delhi.im scared to go and study in delhi because of this reason.and now this one. [/quote]

Akanksha, no I did not misinterpret Anand's words in any way, I knew exactly what he meant. :)

Secondly, I too have s[pent three years in NCC, I was a senior rank holder, in fact, was a Company Sergeant Major, second in command of a battalion of about 500 girl cadets and have spent a considerable time with Army guys. Moreover my father was a junior commissioned officer in Air Force so I know quite a bit about Army life.

The conditions that you mentioned with respect to women do exist in Army, I am not denying them, but its also true that such conditions also exist in corporate life as well. Corporate life is not all bed of roses for a woman, I have experienced that too from close quarters for 12-13 years of my career.

The key lies in your own attitude and how well you are able to cope with such type of people who try to take advantage of you. The more you make your self able to defend against ill intentions, the better placed you are, be it Army, be it any other field.

So if you are really interested to make a go for Army or Air Force, do so, but with full confidence in yourself and without any kind of fear. For such jobs, fear is the first thing that you overcome. The people in front of you should not, in any way, sense that there is fear inside your mind, if they do, then you fall prey to their ill intentions easily!

[quote]ohk everyone now let me put my point infront but before doing so let me clear some misunderstanding developed here.

but one truth is this also that if it has to happen then it can happen anywhere.but then too this is my second fear after delhi.im scared to go and study in delhi because of this reason.and now this one.

Akanksha, no I did not misinterpret Anand's words in any way, I knew exactly what he meant. :)

Secondly, I too have s[pent three years in NCC, I was a senior rank holder, in fact, was a Company Sergeant Major, second in command of a battalion of about 500 girl cadets and have spent a considerable time with Army guys. Moreover my father was a junior commissioned officer in Air Force so I know quite a bit about Army life.

The conditions that you mentioned with respect to women do exist in Army, I am not denying them, but its also true that such conditions also exist in corporate life as well. Corporate life is not all bed of roses for a woman, I have experienced that too from close quarters for 12-13 years of my career.

The key lies in your own attitude and how well you are able to cope with such type of people who try to take advantage of you. The more you make your self able to defend against ill intentions, the better placed you are, be it Army, be it any other field.

So if you are really interested to make a go for Army or Air Force, do so, but with full confidence in yourself and without any kind of fear. For such jobs, fear is the first thing that you overcome. The people in front of you should not, in any way, sense that there is fear inside your mind, if they do, then you fall prey to their ill intentions easily![/quote]

I totally agree with it in corporate world too these things happens. :evil: In my organization too where there are 60% of female employees they have to face it some girls keep quiet and tolerate for the sake of their jobs and some retaliate but that does not mean that whole corporate world is like this.Only thing which i can say that it depends on us how do we react to the things. :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.