Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]ohk everyone now let me put my point infront but before doing so let me clear some misunderstanding developed here.
firstly kalyani ji anand didnt said that girls are not meant for this field actually you misinterpreted it.he said that i dont think so that girls are not meant for this field.means he too agree with you.
next gulshan ji and sanjeev ji im not afraid of dying.because when it has to come it will so no worry about that.
my problem is somewhat a security of girl.yes there is a fear of being raped or misused but not by enemies but by own people.many of my male friends were in NCC Camp and have spend 2 to 3 years with army man.And when few months back i guess in january i told them my decision that im going to give airforce and army exam.they nodded their head in a big no and said that you wont be doing any such thing.when i came to know about the reason they told me many such instances and even my friend's would be husband is in army and when asked him he too admitted the truth that yes it do happens sometimes.
Its shameful what im going to write now i didnt wanted to mention it openly but doing.Sometimes the soldiers,the army people only rape the girl soldier..and the poor thing is that if you have no proof you cant do anything against them,either you marry someone in army only or either you have that much will.this is my fear.if so and so happened then what left with me?

i know you people wont believe but its a hidden truth.
but one truth is this also that if it has to happen then it can happen anywhere.but then too this is my second fear after delhi.im scared to go and study in delhi because of this reason.and now this one.

Akanksha, no I did not misinterpret Anand's words in any way, I knew exactly what he meant. :)

Secondly, I too have s[pent three years in NCC, I was a senior rank holder, in fact, was a Company Sergeant Major, second in command of a battalion of about 500 girl cadets and have spent a considerable time with Army guys. Moreover my father was a junior commissioned officer in Air Force so I know quite a bit about Army life.

The conditions that you mentioned with respect to women do exist in Army, I am not denying them, but its also true that such conditions also exist in corporate life as well. Corporate life is not all bed of roses for a woman, I have experienced that too from close quarters for 12-13 years of my career.

The key lies in your own attitude and how well you are able to cope with such type of people who try to take advantage of you. The more you make your self able to defend against ill intentions, the better placed you are, be it Army, be it any other field.

So if you are really interested to make a go for Army or Air Force, do so, but with full confidence in yourself and without any kind of fear. For such jobs, fear is the first thing that you overcome. The people in front of you should not, in any way, sense that there is fear inside your mind, if they do, then you fall prey to their ill intentions easily!

I totally agree with it in corporate world too these things happens. :evil: In my organization too where there are 60% of female employees they have to face it some girls keep quiet and tolerate for the sake of their jobs and some retaliate but that does not mean that whole corporate world is like this.Only thing which i can say that it depends on us how do we react to the things. :)[/quote]

whom thats what i was thinking that if it has to happen it can be anywhere.i should not scare.thanks all of you for suggestions.

one question to you kalyani ji.as if like after 15 years one can take retirement in army,is this rule is also applicable in airforce or their retirement age is 62 only?

a.s.
[quote]ohk everyone now let me put my point infront but before doing so let me clear some misunderstanding developed here.
firstly kalyani ji anand didnt said that girls are not meant for this field actually you misinterpreted it.he said that i dont think so that girls are not meant for this field.means he too agree with you.
next gulshan ji and sanjeev ji im not afraid of dying.because when it has to come it will so no worry about that.
my problem is somewhat a security of girl.yes there is a fear of being raped or misused but not by enemies but by own people.many of my male friends were in NCC Camp and have spend 2 to 3 years with army man.And when few months back i guess in january i told them my decision that im going to give airforce and army exam.they nodded their head in a big no and said that you wont be doing any such thing.when i came to know about the reason they told me many such instances and even my friend's would be husband is in army and when asked him he too admitted the truth that yes it do happens sometimes.
Its shameful what im going to write now i didnt wanted to mention it openly but doing.Sometimes the soldiers,the army people only rape the girl soldier..and the poor thing is that if you have no proof you cant do anything against them,either you marry someone in army only or either you have that much will.this is my fear.if so and so happened then what left with me?

i know you people wont believe but its a hidden truth.
but one truth is this also that if it has to happen then it can happen anywhere.but then too this is my second fear after delhi.im scared to go and study in delhi because of this reason.and now this one.

Akanksha, no I did not misinterpret Anand's words in any way, I knew exactly what he meant. :)

Secondly, I too have s[pent three years in NCC, I was a senior rank holder, in fact, was a Company Sergeant Major, second in command of a battalion of about 500 girl cadets and have spent a considerable time with Army guys. Moreover my father was a junior commissioned officer in Air Force so I know quite a bit about Army life.

The conditions that you mentioned with respect to women do exist in Army, I am not denying them, but its also true that such conditions also exist in corporate life as well. Corporate life is not all bed of roses for a woman, I have experienced that too from close quarters for 12-13 years of my career.

The key lies in your own attitude and how well you are able to cope with such type of people who try to take advantage of you. The more you make your self able to defend against ill intentions, the better placed you are, be it Army, be it any other field.

So if you are really interested to make a go for Army or Air Force, do so, but with full confidence in yourself and without any kind of fear. For such jobs, fear is the first thing that you overcome. The people in front of you should not, in any way, sense that there is fear inside your mind, if they do, then you fall prey to their ill intentions easily!

I totally agree with it in corporate world too these things happens. :evil: In my organization too where there are 60% of female employees they have to face it some girls keep quiet and tolerate for the sake of their jobs and some retaliate but that does not mean that whole corporate world is like this.Only thing which i can say that it depends on us how do we react to the things. :)

whom thats what i was thinking that if it has to happen it can be anywhere.i should not scare.thanks all of you for suggestions.

one question to you kalyani ji.as if like after 15 years one can take retirement in army,is this rule is also applicable in airforce or their retirement age is 62 only?[/quote]

The retirement age in armed forces- Army, navy and Air force depend on rank and corps. There is higher age limit when you get promoted to higher rank. Also, age limit in medical corps or signals is more than infantry or fighting force. age and length of service both matter. Also there is limit of tenures (two years) in higher ranks. If one is not promoted, he will be retired on completion of tenure.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]

one question to you kalyani ji.as if like after 15 years one can take retirement in army,is this rule is also applicable in airforce or their retirement age is 62 only? [/quote]

For women, I am not sure but it is 15 years in all! I will have to fuind out the correct tenure for the three!!
animated-gifs-fire-34.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

A really hot discussion with lot of fires and fumes, stopped in middle due to some reasons. Let me add more wood and oil to it

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 6989]}

Meera sandhu
[quote]

one question to you kalyani ji.as if like after 15 years one can take retirement in army,is this rule is also applicable in airforce or their retirement age is 62 only?

For women, I am not sure but it is 15 years in all! I will have to fuind out the correct tenure for the three!![/quote]

The rules differ for various corps and ranks. Also, the rules for regular and short service differ. I remember that I answered a question on early quitting of service by short service commissioned officer in Q & A. Every resignation is not retirement. If some body gets discharge before qualifying pensionable service, he/she may get only gratuity.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]

For women, I am not sure but it is 15 years in all! I will have to fuind out the correct tenure for the three!!

The rules differ for various corps and ranks. Also, the rules for regular and short service differ. I remember that I answered a question on early quitting of service by short service commissioned officer in Q & A. Every resignation is not retirement. If some body gets discharge before qualifying pensionable service, he/she may get only gratuity.[/quote]

thanks for the information..

a.s.
it truly is to upgrade the status of girls since today girls are a bit unsecure. So, i think there iis nothing wrong for them to join defence
it truly is to upgrade the status of girls since today girls are a bit unsecure. So, i think there iis nothing wrong for them to join defence

If she is able to go to space and moon, why can't she conquer mountain tops. Absolutely, she can :)

Meera sandhu
the demons in the society have made girls feel unsecure :( :( :( :(

a.s.
Joining defence makes the girls confidents and strong mentally and physically so that they can protect themselves

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.