Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Do you mean to say that Lohit Seth has been banned. Dont do that yaar let us give him a chance to prove himself once.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
I am agree with Jayen.
He should be given one more chance..
Hi Maverick!

Going through your reply I find that you have not questioned the existence of the article on orkut and the mere fact that it is not accessible unless one logs in,is not going to be of any help in a legal battle in future.You have tried to absolve the editors of any role in this regard, then who is going to be held accountable. Let an expert in Cyber law comment on this.The guilty used boddunan's platform. All these I am saying because the laws in this regard are getting stricter and stricter and all the governments are contemplating tougher legal actions against copyright infringements.

@Jayen,Sameer

The copycat related issue raised in this thread has nothing to do with Lohit as he owned it up in a separate thread and promised to be fair in his dealings in future.
But I think some strict action like degradation of member level , full point and cash credit withdrawal etc are required for such illegal activities from a gold member.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Abid Areacode wrote:
[quote]But I think some strict action like degradation of member level , full point and cash credit withdrawal etc are required for such illegal activities from a gold member.[/quote]

I guess banning permanently is much strict action than anything else. However, giving one more chance to the people who comes forward and accept their mistakes before some one points out does not harm any one. I think it is a good sign as well.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you Maverick for explaining the technical problem in detection of copied text from Orkut and action taken against the copycat. Apparently, copying from Orkut has been discovered first time. Some way has to be found now to avoid such copying in future. many of us have ORKUT account and some may be tempted to copy from there, if detection is not possible.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Maverick wrote:
[quote]
I guess banning permanently is much strict action than anything else. However, giving one more chance to the people who comes forward and accept their mistakes before some one points out does not harm any one. I think it is a good sign as well.[/quote]

Ok...but I think the lack of some strict action is the reason behind repetition in recent days by different members.

Visit my blogs:

Abid Areacode wrote:
[quote]Maverick wrote:
[quote]
I guess banning permanently is much strict action than anything else. However, giving one more chance to the people who comes forward and accept their mistakes before some one points out does not harm any one. I think it is a good sign as well.[/quote]

Ok...but I think the lack of some strict action is the reason behind repetition in recent days by different members.[/quote]

The only strict action we can take is banning. If you ban one person, he can create another account and do the same practice again. Instead if we can give him another chance and give him an opportunity, he might become a valuable member to boddunan family. Of course a continuous monitoring on his further activity is needed.

There is a drawback on both sides but thinking positively doesn't do any harm unless it is out of limits.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Ok...I am not a man to appeal any action.It is the team Boddunan to take decission.I agree with your point above.

Visit my blogs:

Let us be very clear about our goal which is definitely to root out this malaise of copying someone's work word for word, denying him the credit and fruits of his or her hard work.Now coming to the question of deciding on the right course to fight this menace,it is for boddunan to think of effective means - be it through active intervention or tolerance and the degree of tolerance.Advocating firm measures is also an exercise in positive thinking!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.