The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
People like to copy their style and even try to dress up like them.The film starts throws a great impact on people's life style.People just spend lot of money to look like themselves.

The larger than life image of the film industry plays the culprit here. The common man thinks cinema is a dream land and the stars are angelic humans on earth. They tend to ignore the other side and follow them absent minded.

Very few of those who follow their stars and try to become like them are able to realise their dreams.Most of them end up as side actors or come back home dejected.The other more worrying factor is the lengths to which people go to show their adoration of film stars.I saw how a man distributes sweets to everyone on Madhuri Dixit's birthday since he is a great fan of her.I was amazed to hear his wife say that he even takes loan to do this great act when there is no money, and she has to support him since there is no other go.,They are a lower middle class family and to see that they would neglect their duties towards their own children and carry out with their blind adoration is baffling ! :huh:

Admiring the stars is fine but going to this extent is mere stupidity.

Live in the present :)
People like to copy their style and even try to dress up like them.The film starts throws a great impact on people's life style.People just spend lot of money to look like themselves.

The larger than life image of the film industry plays the culprit here. The common man thinks cinema is a dream land and the stars are angelic humans on earth. They tend to ignore the other side and follow them absent minded.

Very few of those who follow their stars and try to become like them are able to realise their dreams.Most of them end up as side actors or come back home dejected.The other more worrying factor is the lengths to which people go to show their adoration of film stars.I saw how a man distributes sweets to everyone on Madhuri Dixit's birthday since he is a great fan of her.I was amazed to hear his wife say that he even takes loan to do this great act when there is no money, and she has to support him since there is no other go.,They are a lower middle class family and to see that they would neglect their duties towards their own children and carry out with their blind adoration is baffling ! :huh:

It definitely is , like when young girls get married to pictures of their favorite stars...There was a lovely film called 'Guddi ' which was Jaya Bhaduri's debut film where she acted as a teenager besotted with Dharmendra and refused to accept reality..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

People try to imitate them.they want to copy their style.They just want to live like them.

Sharmistha Banerjee

It definitely is , like when young girls get married to pictures of their favorite stars...There was a lovely film called 'Guddi ' which was Jaya Bhaduri's debut film where she acted as a teenager besotted with Dharmendra and refused to accept reality..

People tend to forget that they are not gods but just people like us and need not be worshiped. I think the media plays an important role.

People tend to forget that they are not gods but just people like us and need not be worshiped. I think the media plays an important role.

Some people worshiped them to such an extent that they had built temples of them. I remember having read somewhere that a temple was built for Khoosboo and some other actress in South India. And I think someone also committed suicide when M.G.R died.
Today's movie have no good story.We just watch it for entertainment. But people watch these movies just to see the style of the hero and heroine.

Sharmistha Banerjee

Some people worshiped them to such an extent that they had built temples of them. I remember having read somewhere that a temple was built for Khoosboo and some other actress in South India. And I think someone also committed suicide when M.G.R died.

Very true, a fan tends to think that his idol is perfect in every way...in Karnataka there was a super hero called Raj Kumar who was quite an accomplished actor and a very dignified personality.He had the status of a near god.he was kidnapped by Veerappan the sandal wood smuggler and kept in captivity for nearly a 100 days or more.The day he was kidnapped his fans went on a rampage, attacking all outsiders esp Tamilians and damaged public property worth crores , burning buses and also private vehicles .Not a single person was caught and punished by the authorities because they too were scared by this public fury ! Honestly, is any of it justified but there is also no solution to such happenings...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Now a days people are much addicted towards the movie.they just copy their styles.They just watch the movies for fun and enjoyment.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Now a days people are much addicted towards the movie.they just copy their styles.They just watch the movies for fun and enjoyment.

We should take entertainment as entertainment and not follow the dreams of a life that is shown on the screen.

Very true, a fan tends to think that his idol is perfect in every way...in Karnataka there was a super hero called Raj Kumar who was quite an accomplished actor and a very dignified personality.He had the status of a near god.he was kidnapped by Veerappan the sandal wood smuggler and kept in captivity for nearly a 100 days or more.The day he was kidnapped his fans went on a rampage, attacking all outsiders esp Tamilians and damaged public property worth crores , burning buses and also private vehicles .Not a single person was caught and punished by the authorities because they too were scared by this public fury ! Honestly, is any of it justified but there is also no solution to such happenings...

Even I heard of these incidents. In the south the stars are mostly considered as gods. The relationship between them is different and not merely a fan and a star relation. People tend to build emotional sentiments with them. Consider the popularity of Rajnikant. His jokes have become more popular then him now.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.