Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I dont agree with this statement then every student will become the cultured one when they are educated in international schools but not we can see many of them became rogues.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

The question you framed is if it's at all necessary to opt for branded education for imbibing the right culture and my answer is a very big 'no'! Surveying the general scenario in the field of education in India with all big noises about benefits from branded education ,the standard has sharply declined over the years. Originality in thoughts which produced luminaries in all fields even 50 years back is completely absent. We have not produced scientists of the Calibre of J.C.Bose,C.V.Raman and S.N.Bose on whose surname "Boson"-god's particle is named and making big headlines these days.The other day our Prime Minister was ruing lack of interest in mathematics amongst our students. A very sad state of affairs for a country which produced Ramanujam. Now my question what is the statistical profile of all these luminaries studying even in public school. A UNESCO study does not include even one Indian university in top 100 hundred! What do all these point to? Our weakness for form rather than substance!

Thank you Chinmayjee for your wonderful answer.

I want to add one more thing.....

If a student is talented, he will make use of each and every benefit he is getting irrespective of the school he is studying. If he given better education, sure....he will learn more. But if a kid is only average in IQ, if given high standard education, it will do more harm than good as it will cause only a burden to him. He will never enjoy it.
So, schools should be fixed seeing a kid's potential also...Parents should think, if our kid can do it or not.....instead of thinking.....he should study it, otherwise, in the competitive world he can't survive.
The day which parents think so......it will be well reflected in kid's study too. Isn't it?
Also, the primary lessons of politeness, well behaved and culture are not studied from school alone. It depends on various other factors also.

I have heard about many high standard boarding schools in hill stations like Ootty where kids are kept in hostel far away from parents....for aiming heights. Is it necessary? The time when kids want love and care from parents, keeping them away in such high standard schools in between a huge burden of books......is it necessary???
Will such kids be benefited?
happy64_2012-07-03.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
The question you framed is if it's at all necessary to opt for branded education for imbibing the right culture and my answer is a very big 'no'! Surveying the general scenario in the field of education in India with all big noises about benefits from branded education ,the standard has sharply declined over the years. Originality in thoughts which produced luminaries in all fields even 50 years back is completely absent. We have not produced scientists of the Calibre of J.C.Bose,C.V.Raman and S.N.Bose on whose surname "Boson"-god's particle is named and making big headlines these days.The other day our Prime Minister was ruing lack of interest in mathematics amongst our students. A very sad state of affairs for a country which produced Ramanujam. Now my question what is the statistical profile of all these luminaries studying even in public school. A UNESCO study does not include even one Indian university in top 100 hundred! What do all these point to? Our weakness for form rather than substance!

Thank you Chinmayjee for your wonderful answer.

I want to add one more thing.....

If a student is talented, he will make use of each and every benefit he is getting irrespective of the school he is studying. If he given better education, sure....he will learn more. But if a kid is only average in IQ, if given high standard education, it will do more harm than good as it will cause only a burden to him. He will never enjoy it.
So, schools should be fixed seeing a kid's potential also...Parents should think, if our kid can do it or not.....instead of thinking.....he should study it, otherwise, in the competitive world he can't survive.
The day which parents think so......it will be well reflected in kid's study too. Isn't it?
Also, the primary lessons of politeness, well behaved and culture are not studied from school alone. It depends on various other factors also.

I have heard about many high standard boarding schools in hill stations like Ootty where kids are kept in hostel far away from parents....for aiming heights. Is it necessary? The time when kids want love and care from parents, keeping them away in such high standard schools in between a huge burden of books......is it necessary???
Will such kids be benefited?

Good! Excellent! Very thought-provoking!
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8071]}
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
The high standard or normal school do not mean much in terms of education or culture. These reflect more peoples' desire to maintain class. A senior bureaucrat, politician, engineer will not like that his child study or mix up with children of low paid peons, petty clerks or shop keepers. The gradation of school represents more class consciousness than educational needs.

Yet most parents believe so...Isn't it Sir? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

This is result of marketing technique of educational business. Unless you make people believe that you are decisively better, people will not come to you. But I firmly believe that it is more a matter of maintaining class than quality of education.

I remember that in film 'Mera Naam Joker' the school child was removed because his class mate's mom had seen him polishing shoes. She could not tolerate her son studying in a school where a shoe polish boy also studied.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
The high standard or normal school do not mean much in terms of education or culture. These reflect more peoples' desire to maintain class. A senior bureaucrat, politician, engineer will not like that his child study or mix up with children of low paid peons, petty clerks or shop keepers. The gradation of school represents more class consciousness than educational needs.

Yet most parents believe so...Isn't it Sir? :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

This is result of marketing technique of educational business. Unless you make people believe that you are decisively better, people will not come to you. But I firmly believe that it is more a matter of maintaining class than quality of education.

I remember that in film 'Mera Naam Joker' the school child was removed because his class mate's mom had seen him polishing shoes. She could not tolerate her son studying in a school where a shoe polish boy also studied.

Great insight shared,Gulshanji! It's all about class arrogance,nothing else!
I know a mother of a child who studies at one such institution and less she understands him,the more elated she feels that her child has learned distinctly something superior!!
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Actually, nowadays there is a mind set.....schools with high burdens for kids are high standard. Those which teach less lessons or having less homeworks are of low standards...
Actually more important is, if our kid is able to study well the given assignments. After all, all our fingers never look similar.

Meera sandhu
Many parents admit their words in high fai school to show the prestige also.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Yes, giving more preference to prestige than kid's ambitions and talent is the root cause of all such evils :evil: :evil: :S

Meera sandhu

Yes, giving more preference to prestige than kid's ambitions and talent is the root cause of all such evils :evil: :evil: :S

Not only that now reading in English medium is very tough. Parents should be well trained also.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Not only that now reading in English medium is very tough. Parents should be well trained also.

Actually parents have to learn first before they teach children :evil:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.