Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There are many reasons why parents wantt heir children to study in expensive and well known schools either national or international.First and foremost , the obvious reason, that they should study in school that is well known and mixing with the " right kind " of people - the snob value.
Another reason is that since most bigwigs send their children to such schools, their children too get to meet and probably get close to those people and it always is an added advantage to know the rich,famous and the powerful of the country.
Finally, a child does benefit to some extent since all that money that you pay has to show somewhere , the children do learn good manners, sophistication and the finer aspects of life...

But very often, such kids fall in the biggest tests of life.
They mingle with people of high status very well, no doubt.In future, they may earn big salaries too serving India or abroad. But it becomes very difficult for them to adjust with Indian society of normal people. Isn't it?

Meera sandhu
What I would firmly debunk is the notion that expensive and international brand makes one cultured if I am to strictly go by the import of the word 'culture'! I know so many failing miserably in either educating themselves properly or truly enlightening themselves with culture produced from proper education.

Culture is an amalgamation of many things including your family background and bringing up etc, which no school can teach you...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I often think.....high-fi schools means teaching kids a lot giving them a lot of burden. But the most sad thing is that, they never give importance to Indian culture or great thoughts of our great people, who once enlightened the whole world and many foreigners used to come to India to study it!!!

Meera sandhu
There are many reasons why parents wantt heir children to study in expensive and well known schools either national or international.First and foremost , the obvious reason, that they should study in school that is well known and mixing with the " right kind " of people - the snob value.
Another reason is that since most bigwigs send their children to such schools, their children too get to meet and probably get close to those people and it always is an added advantage to know the rich,famous and the powerful of the country.
Finally, a child does benefit to some extent since all that money that you pay has to show somewhere , the children do learn good manners, sophistication and the finer aspects of life...

They mingle with people of high status very well, no doubt.In future, they may earn big salaries too serving India or abroad. But it becomes very difficult for them to adjust with Indian society of normal people. Isn't it?

Sandhya, personally I don't really bother about this issue even though my own children did study at International schools, but for different reasons, since my husband's company was paying for it.But, I have taught my children to be level headed and thankfully today I am proud of them for what they have achieved on their own, not because of the school !
But for arguments sake let me tell you that there is now, for that matter there always has been a class system in every society including ours. The upper class always like to mix with their kind and so on, now it is difficult to say whether it is right or wrong.I feel that more than anything it is the home atmosphere and a lot of other things that go in shaping a child's personality rather than school alone ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Sandhya, personally I don't really bother about this issue even though my own children did study at International schools, but for different reasons, since my husband's company was paying for it.But, I have taught my children to be level headed and thankfully today I am proud of them for what they have achieved on their own, not because of the school !
But for arguments sake let me tell you that there is now, for that matter there always has been a class system in every society including ours. The upper class always like to mix with their kind and so on, now it is difficult to say whether it is right or wrong.I feel that more than anything it is the home atmosphere and a lot of other things that go in shaping a child's personality rather than school alone ..

Yes Usha, The learning starts from home first , but the kind of environment which you child is getting when they are not with you also matters. Although we cannot guarantee what kind of people they are mixing with in international schools also. Its all about environment and no school can claim to have the best.

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
So, hoping you all agree with me.....teaching kids in expensive schools only can't give them the best. It's from family that they learn first lessons of life.
If so, if parents themselves never want their kids to mingle with normal kids of our society, what to do?

Meera sandhu
So, hoping you all agree with me.....teaching kids in expensive schools only can't give them the best. It's from family that they learn first lessons of life.
If so, if parents themselves never want their kids to mingle with normal kids of our society, what to do?

Sandhya, this is not the question of agreeing or disagreeing with you alone , just an issue that needs to be discussed right ? Personally speaking , I would not say that my children have not benefited from the school, they have benefited in many ways - met some really distinguished people who were their teachers and staff and got access to many sports facilities , debate clubs and other extra curricular activities which have all been very good for them, helps in developing an all round personality, so we cannot simply say that such schools is of no use at all...

I have never told such schools have no benefits.
I personally believe, even if kids don't given high standard education...if they hard work and family gives good guidance, they can reach same standard of international standard schools. No doubt. Also, most of the kids who reach high positions and posts.....becoming scientists etc....only a few of them have come out of high standard schools. Yet I agree.....a few are there, no doubt. Majority were students from normal schools. Isn't it?

Meera sandhu
Many parents believe, if we teach our kid in a high standard school, he will develop good qualities and become a good citizen. Also, he will reach high positions easily. But, i can't fully agree with it as I believe, we should teach our kids in normal schools where normal kids study. Otherwise, in future they will turn more high-fi and may find a little difficult to mingle with the society. What do you think?

I think a Student's Culture is more important. How their Parents gives Culture to their Child is important. Child behavior doesn't depends on School.

Want to make each day Accountable

The question you framed is if it's at all necessary to opt for branded education for imbibing the right culture and my answer is a very big 'no'! Surveying the general scenario in the field of education in India with all big noises about benefits from branded education ,the standard has sharply declined over the years. Originality in thoughts which produced luminaries in all fields even 50 years back is completely absent. We have not produced scientists of the Calibre of J.C.Bose,C.V.Raman and S.N.Bose on whose surname "Boson"-god's particle is named and making big headlines these days.The other day our Prime Minister was ruing lack of interest in mathematics amongst our students. A very sad state of affairs for a country which produced Ramanujam. Now my question what is the statistical profile of all these luminaries studying even in public school. A UNESCO study does not include even one Indian university in top 100 hundred! What do all these point to? Our weakness for form rather than substance!
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.