The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Water nourishes our skin.We must drink plenty of water.Water helps in digestion of food.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Water is needed.We must have to drink water after every meal.It helps the food to digest easily and prevents from stomach disease.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Three liters of water per day = no diseases. How much water are you consuming every day?

It varies depending on the season, a lot more during the height of summer and less during winter.Although , I do agree that we have to be consistent where water intake is concerned.I too feel that the more water you drink, the better for your system.One easy way of making sure that you take enough water is to religiously drink 2 glasses of water before every meal.This has the added advantage of decreasing your hunger and thereby making you eat less...

Even I have noticed it my water intake during the winters drops to a very low amount. While in the summers the water intake is high as the body is losses much water due to sweating.

Its bit normal as there is loss of water in the form of sweats so we must intake more water in summer compared to winter. :blink:

Thats why they have the system of drinking water along with the meals and in most Indian homes water becomes part of the meal ! Many people also start their day with one or two glasses of warm water which according to Ayurveda is considered to be excellent for complexion and flushing out the digestive system - may be the two are interlinked :huh:

If you go a little deeper in to the subject and try to find out regarding water therapy you would see that there are people who suggest to drink as much water in the morning before taking any thing else. I am doing it for last decade or so and can easily consume 1to 1.5 lit of water according to weather conditions.

somebody telling drinking water when the time of eating also not good. drinking water before half an hour or after half an hour is good. :whistle: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

As per Ayurveda, it is not proper to drink water while eating, but 15-30 minutes before and after for the simple reason that sipping water frequently while eating will interfere with the digestive juices and acids that are produced in the stomach. The water will just dilute them making digestion harder. So let the acids do their work and drink water at least 10-15 minutes after your meals. Drinking before meals is optional as per individual's preference!

I read about that later Kalyani ...it does make sense not to consume water during the meals.However, I wonder why we have this practice of serving water along with the meals and I see many people consuming glasses of water along with their meal...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Three liters of water per day = no diseases. How much water are you consuming every day?

It varies depending on the season, a lot more during the height of summer and less during winter.Although , I do agree that we have to be consistent where water intake is concerned.I too feel that the more water you drink, the better for your system.One easy way of making sure that you take enough water is to religiously drink 2 glasses of water before every meal.This has the added advantage of decreasing your hunger and thereby making you eat less...

Even I have noticed it my water intake during the winters drops to a very low amount. While in the summers the water intake is high as the body is losses much water due to sweating.

Its bit normal as there is loss of water in the form of sweats so we must intake more water in summer compared to winter. :blink:

Thats why they have the system of drinking water along with the meals and in most Indian homes water becomes part of the meal ! Many people also start their day with one or two glasses of warm water which according to Ayurveda is considered to be excellent for complexion and flushing out the digestive system - may be the two are interlinked :huh:

If you go a little deeper in to the subject and try to find out regarding water therapy you would see that there are people who suggest to drink as much water in the morning before taking any thing else. I am doing it for last decade or so and can easily consume 1to 1.5 lit of water according to weather conditions.

somebody telling drinking water when the time of eating also not good. drinking water before half an hour or after half an hour is good. :whistle: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

As per Ayurveda, it is not proper to drink water while eating, but 15-30 minutes before and after for the simple reason that sipping water frequently while eating will interfere with the digestive juices and acids that are produced in the stomach. The water will just dilute them making digestion harder. So let the acids do their work and drink water at least 10-15 minutes after your meals. Drinking before meals is optional as per individual's preference!

I read about that later Kalyani ...it does make sense not to consume water during the meals.However, I wonder why we have this practice of serving water along with the meals and I see many people consuming glasses of water along with their meal...

Usha, the practice of gulping down glasses of water while having meals is not very healthy. Water is normally served with meals to help in case there is a choking attack, in which case only sips of water taken slowly is recommended. But people think water should taken just as other dishes should be eaten!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Water is used in body as a transport medium for different molecules,cells and other materials.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Water is used in body as a transport medium for different molecules,cells and other materials.

Yes Sharmishtha, that is most important function of the water, maintaining the electrolytes balance in all our cells and blood.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Water is clearly the most important nutrient and the most abundant substance in the human body.A person can survive for up to 4 weeks without food but no longer than 3 days without water.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Water is clearly the most important nutrient and the most abundant substance in the human body.A person can survive for up to 4 weeks without food but no longer than 3 days without water.

This simply depends on the fat or storage capacity of a particular person and varies from person to person. Man can live longer than 3 days without water and less than 4 weeks without food. Some people feel too uneasy after a day if water is not available.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Dear Mary

I am sorry that i have missed out on replying to this thread, so here i go

1. Regarding kidney stones: my uncle had kidney stones 10 years back and my mom made him drink barley water day, noon and night for 1 week and it was gone!!!

2. Water intake must match with what we eat because 80% of our body is made of water including the components in blood (plasma). Coffee is a diuretic- which makes one rush to the toilet more often and Tea is the one that retains water in the body, hence during winter avoid drinking coffee and switch to tea. if we notice small things like these, drinking water will be fun

3. water intake for the body must be calculated on the basis of our weight (because water must travel to all organs and equally distributed due to its presence of oxygen) for every 4 kgs of our body weight, 1 liter of water must be consumed . so if one person is 40 kgs, 10 liters of water to be consumed per day . This may sound odd but this is the correct calculation according to our weight

4. some people may not enjoying drinking water as in whole, we need to make drinking water as fun and interesting concept. try to add lemon/any citrus fruit to make it as juice, but donot consume water with solids because the body doesnt understand water mixed in food, thats why as Kalyani was mentioning that we need not take water in between meals-explains the fact.

Swetha Shenoy

Usha, the practice of gulping down glasses of water while having meals is not very healthy. Water is normally served with meals to help in case there is a choking attack, in which case only sips of water taken slowly is recommended. But people think water should taken just as other dishes should be eaten!

Yes that certainly makes sense, however, the practice in most Indian households is to expect people to finish glasses of water along with their meal since water is continuously served during the meals.That reminds me, in Italy , France and other European countries it is the practice to serve table wine along wih the meals, they gulp down several glasses of it through their meal...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.