Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I general avoid calling them with relations.. but we cann't avoid in case of well known people....

Of course , when there is a relationship it is understandable otherwise one should adress the person with their name, and thats how I do it to everyone,age really does not matter at all...I hate people making up their own names and prefixes like aunty,ji etc etc...I have a name so why not use it the way t is...

Even I feel like that so normally prefer to address everyone by their name, except in case of quite elderly people. But you know there are some people who get offended by it. If I address them by name only, they say that I lack manner and am not being respectful. So the best option is to first ask if its ok to address them by name.

Yes that makes sense, but it should be left to the person concerned as to how he/she should be addressed , not take liberties ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I general avoid calling them with relations.. but we cann't avoid in case of well known people....

Of course , when there is a relationship it is understandable otherwise one should adress the person with their name, and thats how I do it to everyone,age really does not matter at all...I hate people making up their own names and prefixes like aunty,ji etc etc...I have a name so why not use it the way t is...

Even I feel like that so normally prefer to address everyone by their name, except in case of quite elderly people. But you know there are some people who get offended by it. If I address them by name only, they say that I lack manner and am not being respectful. So the best option is to first ask if its ok to address them by name.

Yes that makes sense, but it should be left to the person concerned as to how he/she should be addressed , not take liberties ..

Actually first name is not our culture but the younger generation who has adapted to corporate culture feel comfortable with it. I see people calling their real elder relatives with first names, this is their culture or calling their fathers as Mister## or even by name. Yes they have a name and we can do it but I have a culture that says ladies and elders deserve respect so I use G with their first name or address them as sir or madam. I followed the same rule in corporate sector. However that is one's personal choice, there is no binding on any one to go according to my faith.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I mostly try to call everyone with name or some times with name and relation like my cousin name is yasoda and she is elder sister to me. so i call her yasoda sister

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

I think if we don't know any body's name we should call him sir or madam.It will show respect towards them.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Yes i feel very bad when some one calls me aunty because i am only 20 and i got married so early so they were calling.
Yes i feel very bad when some one calls me aunty because i am only 20 and i got married so early so they were calling.

Hahaha..it happens with most of the ladies I never took it seriously when someone said Uncle to me when I was of your's age. :laugh:

Hahaha..it happens with most of the ladies I never took it seriously when someone said Uncle to me when I was of your's age. :laugh:

do you know her age> :silly: :blink: :blink:

Meera sandhu

She is 20 she already told it on above post. :laugh:

she may be lying ;) ;) :P

Meera sandhu

she may be lying ;) ;) :P

Why can't she be of 20 years? :blink:

But that's for sure once a girl has her own kids immaterial of her age kids start calling her Aunty. :laugh:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.