Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Do you call others[strangers] with the name of relations. example: uncle, aunt . I hate that type of calling.

Madam or Sir is good. Without knowing their correct age some may call aunty. They may be in the age of 25 , if we are in the age of 30 how we are aunty for them. [bad behaviour]

This generally is trend of illiterate people who think this is sign of respect calling any woman an aunt and man an uncle. I have seen mostly vegetable sellers call women of their own age MataG (Mother)

Calling women of own age and some times even younger as 'mataji' or 'mom' is very bizarre. But this is okay according to Hindu scriptures. These say that all 'other women' (except wife) are mother. There is a Sanskrit shloka, which I do not exactly remember.. Some words are- Par dara... matreshu. Perhaps some other member may tell correct words. when a young woman was made a captive and presented before shivaji, he just remembered his mom, saying- If my mom were also so pretty, I would be handsome.

Don't you think BehanG would have been a better choice in place of MataG as Bahin also is as respectable according to Hindu or Indian culture?

here, no one uses the word "Sahodari" (sister). .....only rare use. So, chechi becomes a common word. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Chechi wold sound like Chachi that is aunt again so that wont work in our area. Some may take it for chachi 420. :)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

This is what I have seen in hair dye ads. Age and experience both makes a person mature. If we are calling uncle or aunty, we are respecting them because they are mature than us. I don't think it is wrong.
This is what I have seen in hair dye ads. Age and experience both makes a person mature. If we are calling uncle or aunty, we are respecting them because they are mature than us. I don't think it is wrong.

This is not wrong but many like to remain young till end of life. This is not just recent trend. This is very old. Once a medieval age romantic Hindi poet Keshav Das wanted to drink water from a well. a young woman offered him water, calling him 'Baba'.(grandpa)

Keshav Das composed a poem meaning that the gray hair were his enemy as because of these, a sixteen year old (shodashi) calles him 'baba'. (grandpa) .

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I know :angry: :angry:
All unmarried girls say so ;)
They never think about married persons....once you got married, you will know its sourness :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
Do you call others[strangers] with the name of relations. example: uncle, aunt . I hate that type of calling.

Madam or Sir is good. Without knowing their correct age some may call aunty. They may be in the age of 25 , if we are in the age of 30 how we are aunty for them. [bad behaviour]

This generally is trend of illiterate people who think this is sign of respect calling any woman an aunt and man an uncle. I have seen mostly vegetable sellers call women of their own age MataG (Mother)

Calling women of own age and some times even younger as 'mataji' or 'mom' is very bizarre. But this is okay according to Hindu scriptures. These say that all 'other women' (except wife) are mother. There is a Sanskrit shloka, which I do not exactly remember.. Some words are- Par dara... matreshu. Perhaps some other member may tell correct words. when a young woman was made a captive and presented before shivaji, he just remembered his mom, saying- If my mom were also so pretty, I would be handsome.

Don't you think BehanG would have been a better choice in place of MataG as Bahin also is as respectable according to Hindu or Indian culture?

here, no one uses the word "Sahodari" (sister). .....only rare use. So, chechi becomes a common word. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Chechi wold sound like Chachi that is aunt again so that wont work in our area. Some may take it for chachi 420. :)

Chechi means elder sister...nothing else......
We can call any elder woman Chechi.
If we call ladies above 50 or 60 as Chechi, of course, they will be very happy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu

I agree. But the college girls do not like 'Bahenji' title in Agra college. The simpleton girls wearing salwar kameez are called 'behenji' . They are concerned 'backward' as against mod girls in jeans and shirts.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

If we call ladies above 50 or 60 as Chechi, of course, they will be very happy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You never know, in our area most women around 50 look like 30 so I am not sure if they would accept chechi for a good address. :blush:

You never know, in our area most women around 50 look like 30 so I am not sure if they would accept chechi for a good address. :blush:

Am sure, you are saying about your wife ;) ;) ;)
You believe, she looks beautiful and appears as if she is in her 30's :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
All husbands are so :P :P

Meera sandhu

You believe, she looks beautiful and appears as if she is in her 30's :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Yes I know your husband also thinks that you are in 30s and do not qualify to be a chechi yet. :laugh: :laugh: .

Yes I know your husband also thinks that you are in 30s and do not qualify to be a chechi yet. :laugh: :laugh: .

Actually he is sad that am just 9.5 months younger than him. So, whenever he fills some application, he love to show my age one year less. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I also, never go to complaint :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.