Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Do you call others[strangers] with the name of relations. example: uncle, aunt . I hate that type of calling.

Madam or Sir is good. Without knowing their correct age some may call aunty. They may be in the age of 25 , if we are in the age of 30 how we are aunty for them. [bad behaviour]

This generally is trend of illiterate people who think this is sign of respect calling any woman an aunt and man an uncle. I have seen mostly vegetable sellers call women of their own age MataG (Mother)

Calling women of own age and some times even younger as 'mataji' or 'mom' is very bizarre. But this is okay according to Hindu scriptures. These say that all 'other women' (except wife) are mother. There is a Sanskrit shloka, which I do not exactly remember.. Some words are- Par dara... matreshu. Perhaps some other member may tell correct words. when a young woman was made a captive and presented before shivaji, he just remembered his mom, saying- If my mom were also so pretty, I would be handsome.

Don't you think BehanG would have been a better choice in place of MataG as Bahin also is as respectable according to Hindu or Indian culture?

here, no one uses the word "Sahodari" (sister). .....only rare use. So, chechi becomes a common word. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Chechi wold sound like Chachi that is aunt again so that wont work in our area. Some may take it for chachi 420. :)

Chechi means elder sister...nothing else......
We can call any elder woman Chechi.
If we call ladies above 50 or 60 as Chechi, of course, they will be very happy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You never know, in our area most women around 50 look like 30 so I am not sure if they would accept chechi for a good address. :blush:

Am sure, you are saying about your wife ;) ;) ;)
You believe, she looks beautiful and appears as if she is in her 30's :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
All husbands are so :P :P

Yes I know your husband also thinks that you are in 30s and do not qualify to be a chechi yet. :laugh: :laugh: .

Actually he is sad that am just 9.5 months younger than him. So, whenever he fills some application, he love to show my age one year less. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I also, never go to complaint :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mine is 2.5 years younger and thinks 25. I don't mind it that way. :laugh:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Do you call others[strangers] with the name of relations. example: uncle, aunt . I hate that type of calling.

Madam or Sir is good. Without knowing their correct age some may call aunty. They may be in the age of 25 , if we are in the age of 30 how we are aunty for them. [bad behaviour]

This generally is trend of illiterate people who think this is sign of respect calling any woman an aunt and man an uncle. I have seen mostly vegetable sellers call women of their own age MataG (Mother)

Calling women of own age and some times even younger as 'mataji' or 'mom' is very bizarre. But this is okay according to Hindu scriptures. These say that all 'other women' (except wife) are mother. There is a Sanskrit shloka, which I do not exactly remember.. Some words are- Par dara... matreshu. Perhaps some other member may tell correct words. when a young woman was made a captive and presented before shivaji, he just remembered his mom, saying- If my mom were also so pretty, I would be handsome.

Don't you think BehanG would have been a better choice in place of MataG as Bahin also is as respectable according to Hindu or Indian culture?

here, no one uses the word "Sahodari" (sister). .....only rare use. So, chechi becomes a common word. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Chechi wold sound like Chachi that is aunt again so that wont work in our area. Some may take it for chachi 420. :)

If we call ladies above 50 or 60 as Chechi, of course, they will be very happy :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You never know, in our area most women around 50 look like 30 so I am not sure if they would accept chechi for a good address. :blush:

You believe, she looks beautiful and appears as if she is in her 30's :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Yes I know your husband also thinks that you are in 30s and do not qualify to be a chechi yet. :laugh: :laugh: .

Actually he is sad that am just 9.5 months younger than him. So, whenever he fills some application, he love to show my age one year less. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good!! :) :) :) :) :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Meera sandhu
I follow a simple strategy when I am in a professional environment I refer to people as Sir and Ma'am; while in my society and neighborhood I call them by relations -Uncle, Aunty etc. :P

Live in the present :)
I follow a simple strategy when I am in a professional environment I refer to people as Sir and Ma'am; while in my society and neighborhood I call them by relations -Uncle, Aunty etc. :P

In IT field calling everyone using their own name. No sir or madam. Just the name.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/

In IT field calling everyone using their own name. No sir or madam. Just the name.

The rules are different in different companies :unsure: Isn't it so ?

Live in the present :)
I saw once while travelling a bus as a boy of 14~15 years called a female Aunt and she really got angry and scolded him how he dared to call her so. I think this is girls who never ever want them to be called Aunt but the same thing never applied to the males as I never take it seriously if someone of my age says me Uncle. :laugh:

Good!! :) :) :) :) :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Good for whom? Me or her!! :laugh:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

The rules are different in different companies :unsure: Isn't it so ?

When you address known persons, in family, office or elsewhere, there is no issue. Real problem is how to address total strangers on your way. It is best to address according to custom in the area. while in Rome do as Romans do. Nobody like th be called 'mama'. But in Shillong, this is respectable. when I was in Shillong, I would address the Khasi men as 'mama' and women as 'kang'.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree , The worst is being called Aunty, sometimes even people older than you call you aunty LOL it is amusing and at the same time annoying !!! I have a neighbor who always gets names mixed up and he calls me sir :P , He is a nice person ,and I told him once to call me by my name but he continues to call me Sir...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

If any strangers comes in front of me or I don't know their names I first look at their faces and then just guess what their age might be then I call them as aunt or uncle.But if i found that they are just too young then its better to call them sir or madam.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.