Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
We don't celebrate Durgapooja but on same day we celebrate Dussehra in North India.But here in Bengali community they celebrate it with high enthusiasm. Everywhere one can see pandals having kali's statue and people praying it. :)

SJ- We celebrate DurgaPooja also on 8th day called Durga astami. This day we feed 9 girls and 2 boys. That is very big day for us. (th day is RamNavami and 10th Is Dashehara.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

We don't celebrate Durgapooja but on same day we celebrate Dussehra in North India.But here in Bengali community they celebrate it with high enthusiasm. Everywhere one can see pandals having kali's statue and people praying it. :)

That's not Kali Mata Sanjeev, Kali pooja is performed the same day as Laxmi Puja in Diwali. During Dusshera, its the worship of Durga Mata.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

We keep golu at the time of festivaland we will celebrate all nine days very grandly by doing special poojas.

That's not Kali Mata Sanjeev, Kali pooja is performed the same day as Laxmi Puja in Diwali. During Dusshera, its the worship of Durga Mata.

Oh yes that is Durga Mata but she looks similar to Kali Mata. :blink:

Yes we celebrate Durga astami but we celebrate 9th day but that is Ram Navmi I think and the 10th Day is Vijayadashmi. :blink:

Yes we celebrate Durga astami but we celebrate 9th day but that is Ram Navmi I think and the 10th Day is Vijayadashmi. :blink:

That's right!!! And Navami and Vijayadashmi is celebrated all over the country!

We keep golu at the time of festivaland we will celebrate all nine days very grandly by doing special poojas.

AHh!! Golu, I have seen it at my friend's place and it is really beautiful. I think most of those dolls that are placed in Golu are heirlooms handed down from mother to daughter, isn't it?

Yes, Vijayadasami is the 10th day..We celebrate it as Vidyarambham.It normally falls on Avittom star...My daughter was born on Thiruvonan star, just one day before....i.e. Ayudhapooja.

Meera sandhu
Durgapuja is the main festival of Bangali. I am waiting for this as all of my friends get leave and we can meet with all in a year atleast.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Durgapuja is the main festival of Bangali. I am waiting for this as all of my friends get leave and we can meet with all in a year atleast.

Yes this is the main festival of all Bengalis and they celebrate it nicely in Delhi too. :)

That's right!!! And Navami and Vijayadashmi is celebrated all over the country!

I think Navami is called Ayudha Pooja here in Karnataka and that day all the buses ,cars,and vehicles are washed and decorated and you see them all over the town,,,The KSRTC ,state transport buses are beautifully decorated. so also other instruments and tools used for ones trade ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.