Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
We don't celebrate Durgapooja but on same day we celebrate Dussehra in North India.But here in Bengali community they celebrate it with high enthusiasm. Everywhere one can see pandals having kali's statue and people praying it. :)

That's not Kali Mata Sanjeev, Kali pooja is performed the same day as Laxmi Puja in Diwali. During Dusshera, its the worship of Durga Mata.

Oh yes that is Durga Mata but she looks similar to Kali Mata. :blink:

Yes we celebrate Durga astami but we celebrate 9th day but that is Ram Navmi I think and the 10th Day is Vijayadashmi. :blink:

That's right!!! And Navami and Vijayadashmi is celebrated all over the country!

I think Navami is called Ayudha Pooja here in Karnataka and that day all the buses ,cars,and vehicles are washed and decorated and you see them all over the town,,,The KSRTC ,state transport buses are beautifully decorated. so also other instruments and tools used for ones trade ...

Same in Maharashtra too!! All the vehicles are washed clean and decorated with garlands of Marigolds and Mango leaves after performing their pooja. We hang beautiful torans of Marigolds and Mango leaves above our doors too! In industries and all business enterprises, the machines, computers etc. pooja is performed in lieu of weapons or ayudha!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

We don't celebrate Durgapooja but on same day we celebrate Dussehra in North India.But here in Bengali community they celebrate it with high enthusiasm. Everywhere one can see pandals having kali's statue and people praying it. :)

That's not Kali Mata Sanjeev, Kali pooja is performed the same day as Laxmi Puja in Diwali. During Dusshera, its the worship of Durga Mata.

Oh yes that is Durga Mata but she looks similar to Kali Mata. :blink:

Yes we celebrate Durga astami but we celebrate 9th day but that is Ram Navmi I think and the 10th Day is Vijayadashmi. :blink:

That's right!!! And Navami and Vijayadashmi is celebrated all over the country!

I think Navami is called Ayudha Pooja here in Karnataka and that day all the buses ,cars,and vehicles are washed and decorated and you see them all over the town,,,The KSRTC ,state transport buses are beautifully decorated. so also other instruments and tools used for ones trade ...

Same in Maharashtra too!! All the vehicles are washed clean and decorated with garlands of Marigolds and Mango leaves after performing their pooja. We hang beautiful torans of Marigolds and Mango leaves above our doors too! In industries and all business enterprises, the machines, computers etc. pooja is performed in lieu of weapons or ayudha!

It's the same for our state too....
One day before, we are offering our books to Devi Saraswathy for saraswathy pooja.
My articles related to Saraswathi pooja are approved. I will give its link as soon as both those articles are published.

Meera sandhu
Please go through the article to know how Keralites celebrate Vijayadesami
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/people-places/230-festivals/20369-we-celebrate-vijayadasami-as-vidyarambham-when-a-child-starts-learning.html

Meera sandhu
Friends Durga Puja is celebrated in other countries also. Here I have a photo of the beautiful diety being worshipped on Durga Puja at Boston.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8848]}
Sandhyaji I am reading that almost the culture of Bengali and South Indians are just same. We do many things similar in case of religious practices also.
Sandhyaji I am reading that almost the culture of Bengali and South Indians are just same. We do many things similar in case of religious practices also.

Yes, Annaprasam and Chorunnu.....giving first rice grain to a child...ceremony is the same

Just check if this ceremony is followed there
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/people-places/230-festivals/20373-saraswathy-pooja-along-with-navaratri-celebrations.html

Meera sandhu

Yes, Annaprasam and Chorunnu.....giving first rice grain to a child...ceremony is the same

Just check if this ceremony is followed there
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/people-places/230-festivals/20373-saraswathy-pooja-along-with-navaratri-celebrations.html

The common customs in different regions are because of common religion namely Hindu. Similarly, Muslims all over the world and Christians all over the world have common festivals/ customs.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

We keep all our reading books in front of god in saraswathi pooja and we pray for god.
Hindu people used to put Chandanam and Kungumam in all the materials books and all whatever we are using.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
We celebrate dasara by worshipping all the tools and machines in our house especailly vehicles. On this day we tie lemons and red chilies to them we even tie them to our house also.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.