Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes I will be absent from 20th october to 28th october for the celebration of durga puja.

It's my celebrations too....my daughter's birthday and me too, busy in preparing festival articles :)
She was born on Mahanavami.....after 5 years, for the first time, we are getting the lucky chance to celebrate it along with pooja festival.

Meera sandhu
Durga puja will be mostly celebrated by the kolkata people. They will show more interest on this than others.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

It is celebrated all over the country ,the name is different that's all.We call it Nava Ratri or nine nights here and Mysore Dasara is very famous ,,Lots of tourists visit the place and it gets jam packed during this season....Of course the celebrations have toned down these days becauase people dont have the time to celebrate for 9 days, but the last 2 days Ayudha Pooja and Vijaya Dashami are public holidays and celebrated in almost all households..

We put all our books before Goddess Saraswathi for Saraswathy pooja and won't touch books or computer these 3 days..till we take those books back. Same day, many kids of age 2-3 participate in Vidyarambham in temples, "the day which they start learning" by writing 'Harishree' in rice.

Meera sandhu
Durga puja will be mostly celebrated by the kolkata people. They will show more interest on this than others.

we too sasi, as it's saraswathi pooja many kids start learning the same day.
Even Christians of Kottayam and pathanthitta districts celebrate this day, small kids start learning by writing jesus name in the rice. so surprising, actually

Meera sandhu
Durga astami is on 22nd october and navami is on 23rd october.As a bengali I eagerly wait for this festival.I used to celebrate this day with my family members and went to see the pandals of Kolkata every day of the puja.

Durga Puja is celebrated in Pune too in a big way. There are many Bengali associations here like Bangiya Sanskritik Sanstha etc who celebrate Durga Puja in a big way. For many years, I was a regular at the celebrations in the Air Force Station. Now,, only able to visit Durga Maa for a quick Pushpanjali!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is celebrated all over the country ,the name is different that's all.We call it Nava Ratri or nine nights here and Mysore Dasara is very famous ,,Lots of tourists visit the place and it gets jam packed during this season....Of course the celebrations have toned down these days becauase people dont have the time to celebrate for 9 days, but the last 2 days Ayudha Pooja and Vijaya Dashami are public holidays and celebrated in almost all households..

I have heard about Mysore Dusshara and intend to see it once myself!

Durga astami is on 22nd october and navami is on 23rd october.As a bengali I eagerly wait for this festival.I used to celebrate this day with my family members and went to see the pandals of Kolkata every day of the puja.

Durga Puja is celebrated in Pune too in a big way. There are many Bengali associations here like Bangiya Sanskritik Sanstha etc who celebrate Durga Puja in a big way. For many years, I was a regular at the celebrations in the Air Force Station. Now,, only able to visit Durga Maa for a quick Pushpanjali!

can you tell a few words about Air Force Station celebrations....
I think, you can submit a good article about this celebration, even if you are not participating in the contest. :)

Meera sandhu

Kalyani, I have seen it only once and that too very recently, but it is worth all the trouble since it is a great cultural experience when you have people from different parts of the state and artistes from all over the country performing every evening at the palace ground.I thoroughly enjoyed it and learnt a lot and felt proud to know that India had such variation and richness in art and culture.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

can you tell a few words about Air Force Station celebrations....
I think, you can submit a good article about this celebration, even if you are not participating in the contest. :)

I will definitely try to write Sandhya!

Kalyani, I have seen it only once and that too very recently, but it is worth all the trouble since it is a great cultural experience when you have people from different parts of the state and artistes from all over the country performing every evening at the palace ground.I thoroughly enjoyed it and learnt a lot and felt proud to know that India had such variation and richness in art and culture.

Wow! That does sound quite exciting and me and my husband are seriously interested in such events and fairs. JUst waiting for son to grow up a bit more as he is too young to be taken to such crowded events!

Incidentally, do you know anything about Bangalore Art fairs? I only heard a mention of it recently but could not find much about it.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.