Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Oh but I always thought that Dandia and Garba are different dances. :blink:
Today morning Mahalaya started and we get up early to hear the stotra (Sanskrit sloka) .Many people give water to their ancient forefather,
So Durgapuja started and yes the sound of crackers also started.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Sir, there is a little difference in Garba and Dandiya. Garba is played with hands and Dandiya with stick.
This picture, which we are looking in this thread is Garba.

Want to make each day Accountable

Sir, there is a little difference in Garba and Dandiya. Garba is played with hands and Dandiya with stick.

Oh so this is the basic difference. :)

People these days are busing in purchasing new clothes as many festivals are arriving. :)

Oh so this is the basic difference. :)

People these days are busing in purchasing new clothes as many festivals are arriving. :)

Yes, sir, Navratri has arrive now. From tomorrow, 7 nights would be nights of Garba and Dandiya.

Want to make each day Accountable

That means this month is the month of festival. Durgapuja,nabaratri, Dashera etc. and then Kalipuja and bhai tika.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
That means this month is the month of festival. Durgapuja,nabaratri, Dashera etc. and then Kalipuja and bhai tika.

India is a country of festivals. There is no day without some festival or other. But as the various festivals falling these days pertain to Hindu, the major community, it appears that these are the only festival days. But even then there is regional touch also. Durga Puja in Bengal and Assam and Dussehra in North are more prominent.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

India is a country of festivals. There is no day without some festival or other. But as the various festivals falling these days pertain to Hindu, the major community, it appears that these are the only festival days. But even then there is regional touch also. Durga Puja in Bengal and Assam and Dussehra in North are more prominent.

and saraswathi pooja in south :cheer:

Meera sandhu
I think this particular month is filled with festivals and holidays for everyone and one can see that not much work is getting done in various government offices since everybody combines a long weekend with a couple of more days and goes on a long holiday..Now with the Ayudha pooja, Vijaya dashami and id coming at the same time one can hope precious little happening during next week..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

During Puja, people observe nava ratri (nine nights). What is significance of 'nine' number. See:

http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/navratri-and-number-9.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.