Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I can watch movies with subtitles but I have found that usually they are not accurate and match with the actual dialogues, So I prefer watching them in original language.

Well that might not be true in all cases. Today we can find good movies with subtitles synced perfectly.
There are very good movies of different languages like Marathi, Tamil, French etc.

A little improvement is indeed there with respect to synchronizing the lip movements with dialogues, but I was referring to the translation used in the subtitles. Yet there are some very good movies I do watch now and then from other languages!

If anyone has seen the Hindi dubbed versions of the Harry potter series you would have surely had a good laugh the way they have named the magical tricks in Hindi is really funny. :lol:

Live in the present :)
Asha,
let me give you a list of few Malayalam films to see. You asked me, hoping you remember.
Many superhit movies were already taken to Bollywood by Priyadarshan.

Nandanam(2002) Devotional movie.
Meesa Madhavan, Kunjikoonan, Kalyana raman.....3 films of actor Dileep....3 are best movies to watch...surprisingly all the three released in 2002
Chronic bachelor of Mammootty (2003). Very soon you can see Salman in that role....director same......Siddhique of Body guard fame.
Thenkasi pattanam(2000) Comedy
Devadoothan(2000) Mohanlal and Hindi actress jayaprada...... a slow movie, but I really loved it. (Most recently Pranayam....include Anupam Kher also to get a love triangle...again a slow movie)

Most recently....
22 Female Kottayam, Cocktail, Traffic, Chappa Kurush, Marikkundoru Kunjaad...

Let me say about Indian rupee...you will really love that movie. Last year, this film won the best Malayalam movie in National Awards. Thsi film has a lovely message to give to youth. Never leave it :)

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Ashii
Language is the main factors.If we could not understand languages we could not enjoy the movie.So its very important to know the language before watching the movie.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Asha,
let me give you a list of few Malayalam films to see. You asked me, hoping you remember.

Meesa Madhavan, Kunjikoonan, Kalyana raman.....3 films of actor Dileep....3 are best movies to watch...surprisingly all the three released in 2002
Chronic bachelor of Mammootty (2003). Very soon you can see Salman in that role....director same......Siddhique of Body guard fame.
Devadoothan(2000) Mohanlal and Hindi actress jayaprada...... a slow movie, but I really loved it. (Most recently Pranayam....include Anupam Kher also to get a love triangle...again a slow movie)

Most recently....

Let me say about Indian rupee...you will really love that movie. Last year, this film won the best Malayalam movie in National Awards. Thsi film has a lovely message to give to youth. Never leave it :)

I will surely be considering these movies as I ma going to have a good holiday coming up soon! Noted downs the options. Hope I get the subtitles easily. :)

Asha,

Most recently....

I will surely be considering these movies as I ma going to have a good holiday coming up soon! Noted downs the options. Hope I get the subtitles easily. :)

Just check online. Perhaps you can find their subtitled versions :)

Meera sandhu
Asha,

Most recently....

Just check online. Perhaps you can find their subtitled versions :)

the subtitles mostly are available separately. It is the most annoying task to search for the real ones. :huh:

Language is the main factors.If we could not understand languages we could not enjoy the movie.So its very important to know the language before watching the movie.

I am not sure if we are both repeating the same question and answer again, however,let me add by saying that language need not be a deterrant where good movies are concerned .It is impossible to learn all the languages in the world or even within our own country.We will miss out on experiencing some great films .One can watch movies in any language these days since there are sub titles and all the standard movies come with excellent sub titles..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Puneet Chhabra

I am not sure if we are both repeating the same question and answer again, however,let me add by saying that language need not be a deterrant where good movies are concerned .It is impossible to learn all the languages in the world or even within our own country.We will miss out on experiencing some great films .One can watch movies in any language these days since there are sub titles and all the standard movies come with excellent sub titles..

Thanks Usha, that was the whole reason of starting this thread. There are lot of international and national movies which are waiting to been seen to understand real Cinema..

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
I can watch movies with subtitles but I have found that usually they are not accurate and match with the actual dialogues, So I prefer watching them in original language.

Well that might not be true in all cases. Today we can find good movies with subtitles synced perfectly.
There are very good movies of different languages like Marathi, Tamil, French etc.

A little improvement is indeed there with respect to synchronizing the lip movements with dialogues, but I was referring to the translation used in the subtitles. Yet there are some very good movies I do watch now and then from other languages!

If anyone has seen the Hindi dubbed versions of the Harry potter series you would have surely had a good laugh the way they have named the magical tricks in Hindi is really funny. :lol:

No Asha.. Don't ever do that... :woohoo: :woohoo: :evil: :evil:
Watching a dubbed version is like suciding.. They just turn the whole dialogues... Watch it in the same language and use subtitles...

No i can't watch movie with different language and subtitles

hmm.. Well do watch if you get a chance. Because there are ultimate master pieces of Cinema Waiting for you.
Like i watched sometime back :

Nan Kadavul : Tamil.
Harishchandrchi Factory: Marathi
Der Tunnel : German.
No Man's Land : French.

Harishchandrachi Factory and No Man's Land are my favorites! What is Der Tunnel about???

Der Tunnel is a German movie : Means the Tunnel. Its a masterpiece. Its about the division of east and West Berlin where people use to dig tunnels to take people out of east berlin to West Berlin. Many died but you in reality 100's of tunnels were build.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.