Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I can watch movies with subtitles but I have found that usually they are not accurate and match with the actual dialogues, So I prefer watching them in original language.

Well that might not be true in all cases. Today we can find good movies with subtitles synced perfectly.
There are very good movies of different languages like Marathi, Tamil, French etc.

A little improvement is indeed there with respect to synchronizing the lip movements with dialogues, but I was referring to the translation used in the subtitles. Yet there are some very good movies I do watch now and then from other languages!

If anyone has seen the Hindi dubbed versions of the Harry potter series you would have surely had a good laugh the way they have named the magical tricks in Hindi is really funny. :lol:

No Asha.. Don't ever do that... :woohoo: :woohoo: :evil: :evil:
Watching a dubbed version is like suciding.. They just turn the whole dialogues... Watch it in the same language and use subtitles...

:lol: You can opt for it if you want to have a good laugh sometimes. :lol:

Live in the present :)
I can watch movies with subtitles but I have found that usually they are not accurate and match with the actual dialogues, So I prefer watching them in original language.

Well that might not be true in all cases. Today we can find good movies with subtitles synced perfectly.
There are very good movies of different languages like Marathi, Tamil, French etc.

A little improvement is indeed there with respect to synchronizing the lip movements with dialogues, but I was referring to the translation used in the subtitles. Yet there are some very good movies I do watch now and then from other languages!

If anyone has seen the Hindi dubbed versions of the Harry potter series you would have surely had a good laugh the way they have named the magical tricks in Hindi is really funny. :lol:

No Asha.. Don't ever do that... :woohoo: :woohoo: :evil: :evil:
Watching a dubbed version is like suciding.. They just turn the whole dialogues... Watch it in the same language and use subtitles...

:lol: You can opt for it if you want to have a good laugh sometimes. :lol:

Yes Sure.. For laughter anything is allowed.

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Yes language matters for me I can't see a movie in different language even though the subtitles appear on the screen. I don't like to focus more on the subtitles than on the movie. :evil:
Yes language matters for me I can't see a movie in different language even though the subtitles appear on the screen. I don't like to focus more on the subtitles than on the movie. :evil:

Hmm... valid point, but once you are use to it you can balance them out easily...

Hmm... valid point, but once you are use to it you can balance them out easily...

I tried it many times but fond it tough.I would enjoy a film more if the subtitles don't appear as that way I do have to focus only on the film. :laugh:

I tried it many times but fond it tough.I would enjoy a film more if the subtitles don't appear as that way I do have to focus only on the film. :laugh:

viewing film and reading subtitles is a multitasking job...
Do it frequently, it can improve your brain work and efficiency a lot :cheer: :laugh: :laugh:

Meera sandhu

viewing film and reading subtitles is a multitasking job...
Do it frequently, it can improve your brain work and efficiency a lot :cheer: :laugh: :laugh:

No way instead I have a translator along with me who could translate major dialogues of the film. :laugh:
Language is the main factors.If we could not understand languages we could not enjoy the movie.So its very important to know the language before watching the movie.

I am not sure if we are both repeating the same question and answer again, however,let me add by saying that language need not be a deterrant where good movies are concerned .It is impossible to learn all the languages in the world or even within our own country.We will miss out on experiencing some great films .One can watch movies in any language these days since there are sub titles and all the standard movies come with excellent sub titles..

Thanks Usha, that was the whole reason of starting this thread. There are lot of international and national movies which are waiting to been seen to understand real Cinema..

I agree, some of the best films come from obscure places at least where films are concerned.World cinema showcases many International films with excellent sub titles and it is definitely good to watch those films ...I am sure you are aware of that ! :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Puneet Chhabra
Language is the main factors.If we could not understand languages we could not enjoy the movie.So its very important to know the language before watching the movie.

I am not sure if we are both repeating the same question and answer again, however,let me add by saying that language need not be a deterrant where good movies are concerned .It is impossible to learn all the languages in the world or even within our own country.We will miss out on experiencing some great films .One can watch movies in any language these days since there are sub titles and all the standard movies come with excellent sub titles..

Thanks Usha, that was the whole reason of starting this thread. There are lot of international and national movies which are waiting to been seen to understand real Cinema..

I agree, some of the best films come from obscure places at least where films are concerned.World cinema showcases many International films with excellent sub titles and it is definitely good to watch those films ...I am sure you are aware of that ! :)

Totally Usha.. With you on this... I have seen so many wired pieces and it feels great...

Without understanding of language it would be difficult to watch movies.We won't be able to enjoy the movie.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.