Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I remember a childhood game known by different names in different regions. The children sit in a circle facing inward. A child moves around the circle with a tightened handkerchief used for beating. He utters some words while moving and stealthily throws the handkerchief behind a child. If that child detects that a handkerchief is placed behind him, he will move around and repeat the same. But if he cannot detect, the boy who placed the handkerchief will begin beating him. with the handkerchief. This game goes on. I have forgotten name of game and exact procedure.

I remember the game though not the name exactly. Once the person realizes that the handkerchief has been dropped behind him , he picks it up and runs behind the person who dropped it. The first person who dropped the handkerchief has to take the vacant seat before being caught up.

we used to sing the song...."Bombay rosakka, kola kola mundiringa" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: with a bunch of leaves in hand.

Ek ajnabi haseena se...dropping kerchief is shown in that song

Oh you made my mind click the song we used to recite during the game. "Ghoda jamal khayi..peeche dekhe maar khayi"...it was sonething like this. :lol:

Live in the present :)
I think Kho-kho and Hide and Seek are still familiar outdoor games. In my town still people play Kho-kho. In my town there is a big Railway Colony. People love to play there, as there is wide open space.

Want to make each day Accountable

Another easy play for your kids.
Place a small leaf in a heap of sand. Each player has to gather around and blow air with your mouth so that leaf is visible. Each kid has to do one by one. For whom, the leaf is visible ...she should run and catch any one.
indian-traditional-games-2012-3-12-3-5-37.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

Meera sandhu
My favorite outdoor game is coco, may no one know about it over here. Its wonderful game

How is coco played? Is it an individual or team game?

Jabeen it is called Kho Kho and it is a team game played by two teams when one of the team members sit o the ground in opposite directions and one of them is trying to catch the other as the person goes round those who are sitting...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8904]}

Oh she was referring to kho kho!! I thought coco is something else because of the spellings, Here some schools include kho kho in the school sports events. I think it is an interesting game.
There is one more local game in our town. I don't know it is played in other parts of the out country or not. It is called "SATORIYA" or SATODIYA"
There are seven oval shapes of stones placed on one another. Two teams are there. One team stand on left side those stack of stones and another team stand on the right side of Stack.
One team throws ball to that SATODIYA and they have to run.
Let me give you one image of it.
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8905]}

Music Chair is the best game for kids.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Any one know about Pambaram?

Any one know about Pambaram?

First time heard.

Guys from Tamilnadu know well about Pambaram.

Guys from Tamilnadu know well about Pambaram.

If you are from Tamilnadu, then you could tell us all.
pambaram.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
TamilChildrenPlayingPambaram.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.