The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]Y2K issue was a technical problem. The computes were programmed to work till the year 1999. a period of 1000 hears is big enough ad normally you don't care till the century would come to an end. Nobody believed that the world would end in 1999. The Mayan calendar issue is different. Here the issue is of bad logic and superstition. [/quote]

Exactly!!! Also, whatever signs and symbols are given in the Mayan calender, who can say for sure that the manner they have been interpreted is 100% correct??? So in my opinion, it is only a superstition and we must not really spread it around, it might cause some panic!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]Y2K issue was a technical problem. The computes were programmed to work till the year 1999. a period of 1000 hears is big enough ad normally you don't care till the century would come to an end. Nobody believed that the world would end in 1999. The Mayan calendar issue is different. Here the issue is of bad logic and superstition.

Exactly!!! Also, whatever signs and symbols are given in the Mayan calender, who can say for sure that the manner they have been interpreted is 100% correct??? So in my opinion, it is only a superstition and we must not really spread it around, it might cause some panic![/quote]
I think, the movie 2012 created a lot of panic among people.
I watched it from you tube. such movies give stress and tensions.
It's sure, that movie has made an impact on people

Meera sandhu
[quote]Y2K issue was a technical problem. The computes were programmed to work till the year 1999. a period of 1000 hears is big enough ad normally you don't care till the century would come to an end. Nobody believed that the world would end in 1999. The Mayan calendar issue is different. Here the issue is of bad logic and superstition.

Exactly!!! Also, whatever signs and symbols are given in the Mayan calender, who can say for sure that the manner they have been interpreted is 100% correct??? So in my opinion, it is only a superstition and we must not really spread it around, it might cause some panic!

It's sure, that movie has made an impact on people[/quote]

He utilised the superstition to his movie and created so much hype between people.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

BUt you have to admit that the movie was made really cleverly and I enjoyed watching it a lot. It has become one of favorites in the genre of disaster movies!!!

He utilised the superstition to his movie and created so much hype between people.[/quote]

We must keep in mind that the film makers will make use of any such opportunities that can be used in film and attract crowds, so not necessarily they will have any truth in them. The only factor that matters is if the subject will atttract crowds in the theatres or not!

Sandhya, the movie 2012 has not only taught us destruction but also a new hope for survival

It only teaches that there must be unity among all, a disaster can only bring humans as one entity.

Swetha Shenoy

Sandhya, the movie 2012 has not only taught us destruction but also a new hope for survival

It only teaches that there must be unity among all, a disaster can only bring humans as one entity.[/quote]
almost all movies teach us something or other ;)
But we rarely notice such good intentions :cheer:

Meera sandhu

It only teaches that there must be unity among all, a disaster can only bring humans as one entity.

almost all movies teach us something or other ;)
But we rarely notice such good intentions :cheer:[/quote]

I hope we will come across easily 21 December 2012 as we came across Y2K problem in the year 1999.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Most of the astrologers said it is not at all true.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

He utilised the superstition to his movie and created so much hype between people.

We must keep in mind that the film makers will make use of any such opportunities that can be used in film and attract crowds, so not necessarily they will have any truth in them. The only factor that matters is if the subject will atttract crowds in the theatres or not![/quote]

And the basic thing is film making is a business and lot of baits will be thrown ton the spectators. We say Masala movies
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.