I was wondering how it would be, if we got transported back a hundred years , with hardly any pollution of any kind and life so much more simpler. ..however, there are some pros and cons to the issue, please share your own views ...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10518]}

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I was wondering how it would be, if we got transported back a hundred years , with hardly any pollution of any kind and life so much more simpler. ..however, there are some pros and cons to the issue, please share your own views ...

That is the period where people works more physically. Both male and female work. They ate healthy foods and lived for long without ailments. Those people rarely fell sick. There is no pollution. So there are lot of advantages to the health.

On the other hand, they lack education. Most of them were BPL. They lack transport facilities, no power facility etc.,
Nowadays people sit in front of computer for their work. People lack physical fitness. People nowadays are well educated and most of them do not fall into BPL.

So, there are lot of advantages as well as disadvantages.
If asked about my opinion, I would prefer to go back 100 years back. I feel physical fitness is more important than the rest.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
I would definitely wish it to go 100 years back as I am very much tired of the fast life I have to live to survive. I know there were less technology 100 years back but that's Ok I would survive without them. :)
I would definitely wish it to go 100 years back as I am very much tired of the fast life I have to live to survive. I know there were less technology 100 years back but that's Ok I would survive without them. :)

Most people would say, they would like to live in this modernized world for they cannot live without this advanced technologies.

That is the period where people works more physically. Both male and female work. They ate healthy foods and lived for long without ailments. Those people rarely fell sick. There is no pollution. So there are lot of advantages to the health.

On the other hand, they lack education. Most of them were BPL. They lack transport facilities, no power facility etc.,
Nowadays people sit in front of computer for their work. People lack physical fitness. People nowadays are well educated and most of them do not fall into BPL.

So, there are lot of advantages as well as disadvantages.
If asked about my opinion, I would prefer to go back 100 years back. I feel physical fitness is more important than the rest.

Manyatimes I too have felt that the simpler the life happier we are.Have a small neat cottage with just 3 or 4 rooms , a small garden or even a small patch of land where you can grow vegetables and stuff - seems such an idyllic life without all the stress and tension.those days people walked everywhere. My own ancestors spoke about how they used to walk with a Cow and a calf ( this was a practice when a close relative had a new born baby in the house) to Udipi which is 60 kms from here, with 3 rivers to cross on a raft.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Manyatimes I too have felt that the simpler the life happier we are.Have a small neat cottage with just 3 or 4 rooms , a small garden or even a small patch of land where you can grow vegetables and stuff - seems such an idyllic life without all the stress and tension.those days people walked everywhere. My own ancestors spoke about how they used to walk with a Cow and a calf ( this was a practice when a close relative had a new born baby in the house) to Udipi which is 60 kms from here, with 3 rivers to cross on a raft.

Earlier people grew more trees. This has lot of advantages.
1. They eat fresh fruits and vegetables. They need not roam around for different food items.
2. Economical benefit
3. Third benefit is rainfall. They enjoyed the climates.
But now people need air conditioner to enjoy the cool climate. However air conditioner can never beat the natural climate.
Of course, there will be pros and cons, no doubt. But how about if we get to choose only the positives. Having all the facilities and still keeping all the negatives out of the world, it would be a beautiful place for sure.
Of course, there will be pros and cons, no doubt. But how about if we get to choose only the positives. Having all the facilities and still keeping all the negatives out of the world, it would be a beautiful place for sure.

There is no way to keep all the negatives out.
As Newton's third law states "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction".
As technology develops. negatives also grow equally.

There is no way to keep all the negatives out.
As Newton's third law states "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction".
As technology develops. negatives also grow equally.

Thats true, technology has given us a lot and improved the comfort level of our life to a great extent but this has had an adverse effect on our general health.Whereas earlier people never needed any exercise since they worked hard all day, now we need to make a conscious effort to keep fit ..

Given a choice I would definitely like to go back 100 years from now, I think the life was much simpler, not talking about physical hardships, but there were a lot less complications than now, less pollution, more natural abundance etc. So even if I may not want to live long in that era but would want to go back at least for some time and experience life that was then!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

May be for one reason I would say, I wanted to live now is that without this technology, there is no Boddunan. So I would have not got in touch with so many people around here.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.