Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Betting is already taxable in Income Tax law in the category - Income from other sources. Betting should be legalized. I agree. But betting to be genuine should not be based on match fixing.

That's it!! Betting per se is different. If the results are manufactured you are cheating the betting folks!!!

It's not about results and manufacturing but the loss of revenue. if we only make it legal the gain in form of revenue would be worthwhile and then people's involvement lawfully, would make it lesser evil. Wot say?

As Gulshanji has so correctly explained with his standing as a tax consultant that income Tax Act does not differentiate sources of income - be it legal or illegal. Now coming to the question of loss of revenue if betting is legalized, betting is legal now with income from horse races or lottery fit to be taxed under the present provisions of the Income Tax. If you are aiming at augmenting revenues out of betting, how can't it be ensured if the results of any betting is not dependent on probabilities but criminal act of pre-fixing !! The chance element is completely eliminated by such criminal act.

Making it legal should serve both the purposes, bringing in revenue which is otherwise going to dubious sources and reducing unfair means to certain levels.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Betting is already taxable in Income Tax law in the category - Income from other sources. Betting should be legalized. I agree. But betting to be genuine should not be based on match fixing.

That's it!! Betting per se is different. If the results are manufactured you are cheating the betting folks!!!

It's not about results and manufacturing but the loss of revenue. if we only make it legal the gain in form of revenue would be worthwhile and then people's involvement lawfully, would make it lesser evil. Wot say?

As Gulshanji has so correctly explained with his standing as a tax consultant that income Tax Act does not differentiate sources of income - be it legal or illegal. Now coming to the question of loss of revenue if betting is legalized, betting is legal now with income from horse races or lottery fit to be taxed under the present provisions of the Income Tax. If you are aiming at augmenting revenues out of betting, how can't it be ensured if the results of any betting is not dependent on probabilities but criminal act of pre-fixing !! The chance element is completely eliminated by such criminal act.

Making it legal should serve both the purposes, bringing in revenue which is otherwise going to dubious sources and reducing unfair means to certain levels.

Card game is a sort of gamble. Many play this on Diwali and other occasions. This is not considered so bad. This is individual choice. But cheating by spying on cards of rivals is foul and considered bad. Similarly match fixing is bad and can never be supported though betting may be allowed.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

If betting would be legalized I don't think people would be able to earn from it. The things which are against law earns better money.
If betting would be legalized I don't think people would be able to earn from it. The things which are against law earns better money.

We should learn from advanced countries where they have made it legal. People do it within rules and winning or loosing is part of the game.

If betting has legalized then every person will involve in betting. There betting will be similar to having liquor. So if a person have some money or earned some money then they will keep in bettting. This will be loss for them

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

We should learn from advanced countries where they have made it legal. People do it within rules and winning or loosing is part of the game.

So is it legalised in advanced countries?. :blink:

I don't think betting in cricket is legalised in any country?. :blink:

You have a computer and google to help, check for yourself. You will be surprised to see the result.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

You have a computer and google to help, check for yourself. You will be surprised to see the result.

In England, cricket betting goes on throughout the year. Betting is also on games like football, horse racing and also greyhound racing.

In England, cricket betting goes on throughout the year. Betting is also on games like football, horse racing and also greyhound racing.

Betting is okay but there should be no match fixing or foul trick.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thanks I will check it.

Its OK then it should be legaised in India too.
Thank you said by: suni51
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.