The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Desktop is good option though it has its own drawbacks like one has to make a permanent workstation because it cannot be used through a router besides people like us on the move all the time . I have a desktop for almost 15 years which is still in good working condition back at home. But I work on my laptop or netbook because I have nothing to do technical.

Yes a gadget is chosen in tune with our individual needs.

Even if I want to do anything technical, I shall not be able to do on that old desktop having 4.68Gb disc, 32MB RAM and so many other facilities not available. That is kind of showpiece now. I use it to play chess or other games sometimes.

Keep it carefully. After a few years, it may fetch you a good amount for its 'antique' value. Jokes apart, you can upgrade it.

Yes I can, but only up to 20GB HD, another RAM of 32MB and few other software. Nothing more than that. As for its antique value, a school teacher offered good amount for its HD but I refused to sell. After all me, daughter and wife learnt our computing on this special one.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Desktop is good option though it has its own drawbacks like one has to make a permanent workstation because it cannot be used through a router besides people like us on the move all the time . I have a desktop for almost 15 years which is still in good working condition back at home. But I work on my laptop or netbook because I have nothing to do technical.

Yes a gadget is chosen in tune with our individual needs.

Even if I want to do anything technical, I shall not be able to do on that old desktop having 4.68Gb disc, 32MB RAM and so many other facilities not available. That is kind of showpiece now. I use it to play chess or other games sometimes.

Keep it carefully. After a few years, it may fetch you a good amount for its 'antique' value. Jokes apart, you can upgrade it.

Yes I can, but only up to 20GB HD, another RAM of 32MB and few other software. Nothing more than that. As for its antique value, a school teacher offered good amount for its HD but I refused to sell. After all me, daughter and wife learnt our computing on this special one.

So you are sentimentally attached to it. Then go ahead.
I also used desktop computer at home. It is very comfortable for me. For typing, it is very easy to handle.

Be positive
I also used desktop computer at home. It is very comfortable for me. For typing, it is very easy to handle.

Desk top has an edge over other genres. Many complex jobs can be done with ease. Where as other genres like Laptop and I Pad will have limitations as far as variety of jobs are concerned.
Actually laptops are quite handy just because of its portable feature. It can be used from anywhere if you having enough battery.. he he.. That's what I like about it. Surely desktops are more durable than laptop but portability is big advantage too which we can't ignore.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Actually laptops are quite handy just because of its portable feature. It can be used from anywhere if you having enough battery.. he he.. That's what I like about it. Surely desktops are more durable than laptop but portability is big advantage too which we can't ignore.

With the availability of a plethora of Apps for IPad, I consider IPad also has equal advantages. But when it comes to making of complex 3D movies and multilayered Photoshop paintings nothing to beat a Desk top.

With the availability of a plethora of Apps for IPad, I consider IPad also has equal advantages. But when it comes to making of complex 3D movies and multilayered Photoshop paintings nothing to beat a Desk top.

Yeah... if someone is having some graphics related work which required extra hardware then Desktop is best. Otherwise for all kind of work laptop is good enough. About ipad and other gadgets I guess it is good for internet purpose and for few other work, but if someone is having professional work with computer, then ipad can't replace it.

Yeah... if someone is having some graphics related work which required extra hardware then Desktop is best. Otherwise for all kind of work laptop is good enough. About ipad and other gadgets I guess it is good for internet purpose and for few other work, but if someone is having professional work with computer, then ipad can't replace it.

Recently I bought an Apple IPad. I added some Art related apps. This is helping me in making quick preliminary sketches, These sketches are being taken and shown to the clients for the approval. One should know where and what gadget has to be used for best productivity with minimum effort.
@rambabu... In that case you are using it nicely. Yes portability and size can give us many advantages. Not all but yes there are many similar tasks we can do on ipad and other similar gadgets in compare of computer. That's the use of it.

These days people are using all kinds of gadgets for internet access. Gone are the days when desktop computers used to be the only instrument for the purpose. People access the net using tablet pcs, laptops and smart phones these days. However I still prefer a desktop computer for internet access and other applications. I think no other machine can beat desktop computers for the purpose. Desktops offer wider screens, fast internet access and a range of applications that you cannot use on other machines. Do you agree?

Regards
Mala Jaiswar

I also like desktop. My first computer was desktop. To work long period desktop is best. laptop have their own speciality. Battery backup, fast and we can carry it any where.
Thank you said by: suni51
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.