Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In India it is a common practice to select your husband/wife based on his or her caste. Many people even select their friends based on his/her caste. I find this practice offensive as all are human beings. I think in the internet age of today, people should totally abolish such primitive thinking. Do you select your life partner and friends based on caste/religion?

Regards
Mala Jaiswar

I am married so no chance for me to select life partner. But I never like select friends based on cast.

I live in a society where these things have no meaning. No one knows whom he is talking to. Castes and religions matter very litte here.

here in India cast and religion is not important in cities although peoples are sensitive in rural area.
In India it is a common practice to select your husband/wife based on his or her caste. Many people even select their friends based on his/her caste. I find this practice offensive as all are human beings. I think in the internet age of today, people should totally abolish such primitive thinking. Do you select your life partner and friends based on caste/religion?

Regards
Mala Jaiswar

I am married so no chance for me to select life partner. But I never like select friends based on cast.

I live in a society where these things have no meaning. No one knows whom he is talking to. Castes and religions matter very litte here.

here in India cast and religion is not important in cities although peoples are sensitive in rural area.

Australia is like a big metro with population less than that of Delhi, area 5 times as much as whole India and people from all over the world as citizen. Australians have nothing to boost as culture or traditions and least bothered about religion.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Even now the tradition of parents arranging for a match of their sons and daughters is prevalent so it is obvious that the preference in marriage still is of marrying a person belonging to your own caste and religion. While this has been a strict rule that has been laid down for centuries, it is hard to look outside the caste in arranged marriages. No doubt it does question the sanctity of others as humans, but if we look at it from other point, it is very much convenient to adapt quickly because most of all your rituals, food, dressing habits are similar and many other aspects match too. Gladly, times are now changing and even arranged marriages are taking place amongst couples from different castes.

But when choosing friends, one should NOT and never look at the caste or religion of the other. A true friendship rises above all such conditions and is mainly formed on the basis of common interests, mutual understanding and respect for each other as a person!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is better to have a spouse who is compatible to you in matters like food, way of dress, thoughts etc. In most cases, same language, caste, religion will suit as in our society marriage creates multiple relations in the bigger joint family circle. Friends are personal and so any one you are at ease with may be friend irrespective of caste and religion. But usually friendship is also more stable within same income and status as well as hobbies, tastes. .

I'm of the opinion that compatibility should be the only criteria in selecting the life partner. All other things can be ignored.

This is correct. But compatibility depends on food habits, dress, life style, beliefs and so on. Ultimately in most cases, language and religion matter. Also in our society compatibility is desirable not only between bride and groom but also between two families.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51
It is better to have a spouse who is compatible to you in matters like food, way of dress, thoughts etc. In most cases, same language, caste, religion will suit as in our society marriage creates multiple relations in the bigger joint family circle. Friends are personal and so any one you are at ease with may be friend irrespective of caste and religion. But usually friendship is also more stable within same income and status as well as hobbies, tastes. .

I'm of the opinion that compatibility should be the only criteria in selecting the life partner. All other things can be ignored.

This is correct. But compatibility depends on food habits, dress, life style, beliefs and so on. Ultimately in most cases, language and religion matter. Also in our society compatibility is desirable not only between bride and groom but also between two families.

Very true. Families also will contribute.If Good relations between the man and woman's family are strained, one cannot expect a turbulence free family life.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Regards
Mala Jaiswar

Australia is like a big metro with population less than that of Delhi, area 5 times as much as whole India and people from all over the world as citizen. Australians have nothing to boost as culture or traditions and least bothered about religion.

Most of west countries don't bothered about cast and religion. Bollywood is also like western countries. Cast and religion are meaning less here.

Regards
Mala Jaiswar

Most of west countries don't bothered about cast and religion. Bollywood is also like western countries. Cast and religion are meaning less here.

In Egypt royal families, its customary to marry a brother. In England, the king had to forego his throne because he married a commoner. Every country has its own set of beliefs and customs. May be more in some country and less in some other country. But they are there and will be there. If you see something good in others, follow it. But don’t blindly ape, because somebody is doing .

Regards
Mala Jaiswar

In Egypt royal families, its customary to marry a brother. In England, the king had to forego his throne because he married a commoner. Every country has its own set of beliefs and customs. May be more in some country and less in some other country. But they are there and will be there. If you see something good in others, follow it. But don’t blindly ape, because somebody is doing .

Actually this is a matter of individualism v/s collective attitude. Our society is not so individualist and so collective decisions are taken in family matters. Mostly seniors in family have greater voice.

Regards
Mala Jaiswar

Actually this is a matter of individualism v/s collective attitude. Our society is not so individualist and so collective decisions are taken in family matters. Mostly seniors in family have greater voice.

Yes, because they have seen life. They know through their experiences what's good and what's bad. In fact joint families, though they are not in vogue are based on this 'Collective decisions of senior members.' Of late sociologists are thinking about the necessity of Joint families in the present Speed age.

Regards
Mala Jaiswar

Yes, because they have seen life. They know through their experiences what's good and what's bad. In fact joint families, though they are not in vogue are based on this 'Collective decisions of senior members.' Of late sociologists are thinking about the necessity of Joint families in the present Speed age.

In fact, the entire society is a very big super family. The decisions are taken at different levels by competent persons for entire society, state, nation or city. There is system to take decisions. similarly there must be some system even in nuclear and joint families.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.