Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
what is poverty? Is this about having less money and comforts or this is state of mind. Rahul Gandhi has stressed that this is state of mind. He has definitely made a sensible point. In fact everything begins with mind. But it is government's duty to bring a transformation in human mind. Give people education, skill and encourage to work. Then poverty will vanish. Poverty cannot be removed by charity.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/institute-quotes-rahul-gandhi-as-saying-poverty-is-just-a-state-of-mind/1152249/

I think he is right. Rahul Gandhi will become a very good prime minister, who will take this country to newer heights. I am looking forward to the day when he will takeover. :) We need such bright people at the helm of affairs.

From his press statements i too arrive to the conclusion that he is a man with down to earth thoughts.

Let us vote him to power, we need people like him for the betterment of our country. I will sure vote for him if the elections held after my return to India. :)

Sir, you can vote neither for Rahul nor for Modi as P.M. as there is no direct election to P.M. post. You will vote only for M.P. of your area. The MPs will elect P.M.

The saying goes- Every drop counts, we cannot vote them to power directly but our combined efforts will definitely see them where they deserve.

There can be no combined effort also. The position differs from place to place. You will only vote for a candidate on various factors- party affiliation, personal relation, quality of candidate and so on. The voters throughout India can never vote as a team. Ultimately, the shape of government will be decided only by MPs. These days many opine that quality of candidate mattes more than party. So on this basis the results are likely to be very hotch potch. You just cause your vote in a constituency after which you have no say. Then leave to elected MPs the task of selecting PM.

However hotch potch, every vote counts in the end. Unless a candidate wins in a constituency he does not reach to parliament. Rahul or Modi must reach to parliament first to be there on top.

Rahul and Modi don't need to reach parliament for becoming PM. Only their supporters should be in sufficient number there. One can remain PM or minister for six months without being M.P. Every vote counts if you vote on party basis only. But as many cast vote on caste, community, personal friendship, individual preference as against party preference and strength of parties in states vastly vary, thee can be only hotch potch. Possibly a voter likes Modi but feels that local congress candidate is better, he may vote congress. Similarly a Rahul fan may vote for BJP candidate feeling that the candidate is good. This happens more often than you may expect. In last assembly elections, one of my friends who is in BJP actively worked for congress candidate owing to pesonal relation. I hope my viewpoint is clear.

Your point was never unclear to me and I am sure I am not the only one who is excited about election although I am not sure if I would be voting in coming election for first time ever, however I'll miss it because in our country voting is the only voices you have no matter whatever your political persuasion. I am genuinely interested in the fate of my country and I do care for it.

Thanks for your comments. In fact, Boddunan is the rare forum where there is so open and free discussion on all matters in a spirit of mutual good will in spite of diversity of views. This is much different from social sites like Facebook.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

what is poverty? Is this about having less money and comforts or this is state of mind. Rahul Gandhi has stressed that this is state of mind. He has definitely made a sensible point. In fact everything begins with mind. But it is government's duty to bring a transformation in human mind. Give people education, skill and encourage to work. Then poverty will vanish. Poverty cannot be removed by charity.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/institute-quotes-rahul-gandhi-as-saying-poverty-is-just-a-state-of-mind/1152249/

I think he is right. Rahul Gandhi will become a very good prime minister, who will take this country to newer heights. I am looking forward to the day when he will takeover. :) We need such bright people at the helm of affairs.

From his press statements i too arrive to the conclusion that he is a man with down to earth thoughts.

Let us vote him to power, we need people like him for the betterment of our country. I will sure vote for him if the elections held after my return to India. :)

Sir, you can vote neither for Rahul nor for Modi as P.M. as there is no direct election to P.M. post. You will vote only for M.P. of your area. The MPs will elect P.M.

The saying goes- Every drop counts, we cannot vote them to power directly but our combined efforts will definitely see them where they deserve.

There can be no combined effort also. The position differs from place to place. You will only vote for a candidate on various factors- party affiliation, personal relation, quality of candidate and so on. The voters throughout India can never vote as a team. Ultimately, the shape of government will be decided only by MPs. These days many opine that quality of candidate mattes more than party. So on this basis the results are likely to be very hotch potch. You just cause your vote in a constituency after which you have no say. Then leave to elected MPs the task of selecting PM.

However hotch potch, every vote counts in the end. Unless a candidate wins in a constituency he does not reach to parliament. Rahul or Modi must reach to parliament first to be there on top.

Rahul and Modi don't need to reach parliament for becoming PM. Only their supporters should be in sufficient number there. One can remain PM or minister for six months without being M.P. Every vote counts if you vote on party basis only. But as many cast vote on caste, community, personal friendship, individual preference as against party preference and strength of parties in states vastly vary, thee can be only hotch potch. Possibly a voter likes Modi but feels that local congress candidate is better, he may vote congress. Similarly a Rahul fan may vote for BJP candidate feeling that the candidate is good. This happens more often than you may expect. In last assembly elections, one of my friends who is in BJP actively worked for congress candidate owing to pesonal relation. I hope my viewpoint is clear.

Your point was never unclear to me and I am sure I am not the only one who is excited about election although I am not sure if I would be voting in coming election for first time ever, however I'll miss it because in our country voting is the only voices you have no matter whatever your political persuasion. I am genuinely interested in the fate of my country and I do care for it.

Thanks for your comments. In fact, Boddunan is the rare forum where there is so open and free discussion on all matters in a spirit of mutual good will in spite of diversity of views. This is much different from social sites like Facebook.

Face book is only social site and not a discussion site

I am member of many discussion sites where we discuss openly without having any personal grudge or feeling of bullying a weak or bowing to a strong. We do it just for enhancing our knowledge and share what we think. Nothing personal or for the sake of ill will or just because we fancied wrong and wanted others to follow our designs. I am here on boddunan for sharing my views sir, not loading others with my personal choices. I never do it on even facebook, I never share my views there but article links only.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

True, the layout of Facebook is different and it serves different purpose altogether. ..Sometimes views are excahnged but in a very limited manner since it is basically a social site for interacting..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

True, the layout of Facebook is different and it serves different purpose altogether. ..Sometimes views are excahnged but in a very limited manner since it is basically a social site for interacting at a personal level..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

True, the layout of Facebook is different and it serves different purpose altogether. ..Sometimes views are exchanged but in a very limited manner since it is basically a social site for interacting at a personal level..

Now Facebook is not only for friendship. The political parties, social organizations, authors, poets all are on Facebook. Often there are very lively comments. In this connection, I may refer to arrest of a poet for criticizing U.P. government through Facebook on the issue of Durga shakti IAS suspension. I use Facebook for communicating with my family members and friends. Also, I am following some political/ social organizations on Facebook for getting recent information and views. Facebook and twitter can be used for getting new ideas that we may use in Boddunan forums.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree, poverty is a state of mind and it is not limited to money matters but how one thinks and act is controlled by mind. So we can say thinking in a particular way is also specific state of one's mind.

I agree, poverty is a state of mind and it is not limited to money matters but how one thinks and act is controlled by mind. So we can say thinking in a particular way is also specific state of one's mind.

This is a bit ambiguous statement... Imagine a worker who can't feed his family and Mr. Rahul Gandi comes and says son its only in your mind, you are not poor, you just can't feed ur family.. This statement is only feel good statement.. nothing more than that...

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in

This is a bit ambiguous statement... Imagine a worker who can't feed his family and Mr. Rahul Gandi comes and says son its only in your mind, you are not poor, you just can't feed ur family.. This statement is only feel good statement.. nothing more than that...

That's what our netas are good at, they try to wash your mind to make you feel better fed than others even if you have not eaten for ages. They keep you showing bright future, although you have eaten nothing for past 66 years.

It is much more than just feel good ststement, it is an inensitive and irresponsible statement coming from a spoilt brat drunk on power....he should try doing that before lecturing others ...

Thank you said by: Puneet Chhabra
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.