Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree, poverty is a state of mind and it is not limited to money matters but how one thinks and act is controlled by mind. So we can say thinking in a particular way is also specific state of one's mind.

This is a bit ambiguous statement... Imagine a worker who can't feed his family and Mr. Rahul Gandi comes and says son its only in your mind, you are not poor, you just can't feed ur family.. This statement is only feel good statement.. nothing more than that...

It is much more than just feel good ststement, it is an inensitive and irresponsible statement coming from a spoilt brat drunk on power....he should try doing that before lecturing others ...

Nobody can remove poverty if the person himself desires. So it is necessary to change mind set. People should be encouraged to get skill and work. Only this way poverty can be reduced. Rahul Gandhi made most sensible statement. You cannot eliminate poverty by distributing fish. You can do this by changing mind of the poor by motivating him to work by fishing.

India has more than 50 % of population below the poverty level and they do not have the time nor the inclination to sit and analyse the supposedly wise quotes of a person who does little to help them other than talk big.If he acts out his words one can call him sensible, but as of now he looks more and more stupid with every statement he makes...He seems totally cut off from the realities of India...

It is not for those below poverty line to listen and react to Rahul. In fact it is for the planners in Congress to listen to his advice and act to train and enhance skill of those below poverty line and help them earn more. His advice is more relevant to government and planning commission as well as social organizations.

Only a die hard fan of Rahul Gandhi can give him credit for such a insensitive statement....By the way He never said it to the congress working committee or to the leaders but at a rally addressing the people...
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-08-06/india/41130249_1_poverty-congress-leader-remark

Even then his message is to all. His statement is also true. Everything begins with mind. Even if ten percent understand and accept what he said, they will be benefited. what he said is every day experience.

I have a feeling that an average Ieducated ndian is better than Rahul Gandhi in every which way, I dont think he is someone a youngster can take as a role model.It is a well known fact that he had drug pedling charge against him which were later compromised and now goes around in a porsche bought from the nations funds talking as if he is a patriot. Such person can never be preaching here about poverty ! He heeds to give some credit to the people ( the ten percent included) for possessing enough common sense to know who to fiollow and who not to...

The thread is about Rahul Gandhi's statement only. His academic background and other matters are not relevant to this thread.

One cannot always stick to one statement when a discussion is in progrress! Earlier I have seen people bringing in even their personal matters into a discussion when the moderators including you neither objected, in fact joined in happily ....so now when the discussion , revolves around the same topic why do you get so hyper about it ? you have done this earlier as well on my other discussions...you have to be fair while analysing not throw the book at some members who probably you dont like and show your open prefernece to others , that does not work in a forum especially when you are an editor and moderator !

I seldom see who is the poster. I only see the post and make my comments. Moreover my post is not as moderator but as a member. I am a member first and moderator next. My comments need not be taken as 'moderator;s objection'.

Besides most threads would have no more than one input from a particular member if they were to stick on that particular point. The vary basic of discussion ends as soon as one has cleared his points, in first post itself. Later posts may go and cover different points and there is nothing wrong as long as these are related to topic. I hope these threads are doing far better compared to recent past, although not absolutely perfect.

As long as discussion is productive and healthy we can keep talking. Everyone is free to express his views until they don't hurt anyone personally.

Apart from avoiding personal hurt to other members, it is necessary to stick to the topic as far as possible. If you wish to discuss something very different, a new thread can be generated. Also there are some guide lines for discussion. We should not attack any personality- political or celebrity in an insulting manner. In this connection, I may refer to some cases where criminal cases were lodged for writing abusive or objectionable contents. Two girls in Mumbai and a writer in U.P. were booked for their objectionable content on Facebook. Let us avoid such things on our site.

yes we should not quote name of any person when we writing any where.

I am not sure, how will you be able to make a proper post if you'll not mention a person/party/organization/NGO/department if you will not mention the name. To praise or to criticize any of these you need to mention names, which is a common practice in democracy. The fact is there is no thread in this site which does not have a target in this forum.

We have to refer name, organization without which we cannot discuss. But we should be courteous and stick to relevant matter only without going in to personal or family details of concerned individual. We have a topic containing names of three personalities, who may be PM. We may state merit or demerit of any but not use abusive or slanderous language. That is all that we should care.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree, poverty is a state of mind and it is not limited to money matters but how one thinks and act is controlled by mind. So we can say thinking in a particular way is also specific state of one's mind.

This is a bit ambiguous statement... Imagine a worker who can't feed his family and Mr. Rahul Gandi comes and says son its only in your mind, you are not poor, you just can't feed ur family.. This statement is only feel good statement.. nothing more than that...

It is much more than just feel good ststement, it is an inensitive and irresponsible statement coming from a spoilt brat drunk on power....he should try doing that before lecturing others ...

Nobody can remove poverty if the person himself desires. So it is necessary to change mind set. People should be encouraged to get skill and work. Only this way poverty can be reduced. Rahul Gandhi made most sensible statement. You cannot eliminate poverty by distributing fish. You can do this by changing mind of the poor by motivating him to work by fishing.

India has more than 50 % of population below the poverty level and they do not have the time nor the inclination to sit and analyse the supposedly wise quotes of a person who does little to help them other than talk big.If he acts out his words one can call him sensible, but as of now he looks more and more stupid with every statement he makes...He seems totally cut off from the realities of India...

It is not for those below poverty line to listen and react to Rahul. In fact it is for the planners in Congress to listen to his advice and act to train and enhance skill of those below poverty line and help them earn more. His advice is more relevant to government and planning commission as well as social organizations.

Only a die hard fan of Rahul Gandhi can give him credit for such a insensitive statement....By the way He never said it to the congress working committee or to the leaders but at a rally addressing the people...
http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-08-06/india/41130249_1_poverty-congress-leader-remark

Even then his message is to all. His statement is also true. Everything begins with mind. Even if ten percent understand and accept what he said, they will be benefited. what he said is every day experience.

I have a feeling that an average Ieducated ndian is better than Rahul Gandhi in every which way, I dont think he is someone a youngster can take as a role model.It is a well known fact that he had drug pedling charge against him which were later compromised and now goes around in a porsche bought from the nations funds talking as if he is a patriot. Such person can never be preaching here about poverty ! He heeds to give some credit to the people ( the ten percent included) for possessing enough common sense to know who to fiollow and who not to...

The thread is about Rahul Gandhi's statement only. His academic background and other matters are not relevant to this thread.

One cannot always stick to one statement when a discussion is in progrress! Earlier I have seen people bringing in even their personal matters into a discussion when the moderators including you neither objected, in fact joined in happily ....so now when the discussion , revolves around the same topic why do you get so hyper about it ? you have done this earlier as well on my other discussions...you have to be fair while analysing not throw the book at some members who probably you dont like and show your open prefernece to others , that does not work in a forum especially when you are an editor and moderator !

I seldom see who is the poster. I only see the post and make my comments. Moreover my post is not as moderator but as a member. I am a member first and moderator next. My comments need not be taken as 'moderator;s objection'.

Besides most threads would have no more than one input from a particular member if they were to stick on that particular point. The vary basic of discussion ends as soon as one has cleared his points, in first post itself. Later posts may go and cover different points and there is nothing wrong as long as these are related to topic. I hope these threads are doing far better compared to recent past, although not absolutely perfect.

As long as discussion is productive and healthy we can keep talking. Everyone is free to express his views until they don't hurt anyone personally.

Apart from avoiding personal hurt to other members, it is necessary to stick to the topic as far as possible. If you wish to discuss something very different, a new thread can be generated. Also there are some guide lines for discussion. We should not attack any personality- political or celebrity in an insulting manner. In this connection, I may refer to some cases where criminal cases were lodged for writing abusive or objectionable contents. Two girls in Mumbai and a writer in U.P. were booked for their objectionable content on Facebook. Let us avoid such things on our site.

I am not sure, how will you be able to make a proper post if you'll not mention a person/party/organization/NGO/department if you will not mention the name. To praise or to criticize any of these you need to mention names, which is a common practice in democracy. The fact is there is no thread in this site which does not have a target in this forum.

We have to refer name, organization without which we cannot discuss. But we should be courteous and stick to relevant matter only without going in to personal or family details of concerned individual. We have a topic containing names of three personalities, who may be PM. We may state merit or demerit of any but not use abusive or slanderous language. That is all that we should care.

It depends on which side you are on...you may find even the most innocent words abusive when you re on the side of the person being discussed and vice versa....As long as fcts are being spoken one cannot draw the line especially when there is proof and there are links to support wht hs been written..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It depends on which side you are on...you may find even the most innocent words abusive when you re on the side of the person being discussed and vice versa....As long as fcts are being spoken one cannot draw the line especially when there is proof and there are links to support wht hs been written..

One needs be careful while writing on a site. No doubt opinions differ but every one knows what is cultured and civilized, what is genuine comment and what is insulting. All members are duty bound to follow the guidelines. Even if what you write true but has no social or public interest is considered defamatory and cannot be posted. There is difference between verbal gossip and posting on site.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.