Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Suppose you visit a foreign country where everyone around is white, then they will see you like you are an alien. Then you will be treated as the same that the girl were treated in the India. The gist is, this story is only once of the coin that is showing Indians as not good people. What you think ?

Actually in foreign countries women are not subjected to such horrible treatment, may be it may happen in certain countries but definitely not to this extent! Also, the image of India is supposed to be quite cultural and spiritual and when the visitors go through such experiences, the image of our country is severely shattered!

Well kalyani , I think its also worse in some parts of India where such difference is there. Other cities are less prone to such cases. But I still feel india better then countries where women can't wear or walk freely..

All across India, the attitude towards fair-skinned women is the same, unfortunately!! There are certain countries especially Islamic countries where women are not allowed freedom, but even then such public humiliation and harassment of women tourists never happens anywhere else! It is in India such things happen! The double standards that we Indians exhibit!! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Suppose you visit a foreign country where everyone around is white, then they will see you like you are an alien. Then you will be treated as the same that the girl were treated in the India. The gist is, this story is only once of the coin that is showing Indians as not good people. What you think ?

Actually in foreign countries women are not subjected to such horrible treatment, may be it may happen in certain countries but definitely not to this extent! Also, the image of India is supposed to be quite cultural and spiritual and when the visitors go through such experiences, the image of our country is severely shattered!

Well kalyani , I think its also worse in some parts of India where such difference is there. Other cities are less prone to such cases. But I still feel india better then countries where women can't wear or walk freely..

All across India, the attitude towards fair-skinned women is the same, unfortunately!! There are certain countries especially Islamic countries where women are not allowed freedom, but even then such public humiliation and harassment of women tourists never happens anywhere else! It is in India such things happen! The double standards that we Indians exhibit!! :blink:

In Islamic countries women have virtually no freedom but his fact also protects them to a great extent. Freedom has its own peril.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In Islamic countries women have virtually no freedom but his fact also protects them to a great extent. Freedom has its own peril.

True...and I also have never read about foreign women visiting those countries being molested by the natives! Actually how people, especially women from other countries are treated in any nation is the real measure of what that nation truly stands for! and in that aspect, we have failed miserably!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

True...and I also have never read about foreign women visiting those countries being molested by the natives! Actually how people, especially women from other countries are treated in any nation is the real measure of what that nation truly stands for! and in that aspect, we have failed miserably!

Its true but its a shame for Indians , when a foreign student is telling that India is not a safe place for women.
Hello everyone,

I was going through this article, found on the facebook. Is this real picture of our country, or just an allegation?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/India-a-travelers-heaven-a-womans-hell-American-student/articleshow/21972494.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

I don't know that this story is true or false but it is fact that women are not safe in India. Not only women a common person is not safe in India.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Hello everyone,

I was going through this article, found on the facebook. Is this real picture of our country, or just an allegation?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/India-a-travelers-heaven-a-womans-hell-American-student/articleshow/21972494.cms?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

I don't know that this story is true or false but it is fact that women are not safe in India. Not only women a common person is not safe in India.

When we talk of Common person in India they do not matter for our governments beyond their vote but foreign tourists are no common people they are our guest and our responsibility who build or destroy our image if mistreated. No one respects us in other countries if we misbehave with them.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

After reading the story I have observed one thing

1. Indians stare at foreigners where this staring can lead to passing comments or even to the extent of touching the women out of curiosity
2. There is always crowd anywhere and everywhere in India at any time of the day....why is it like that? Dont the people in our country have work to do (to sit in cabins or to sit at homes,etc)
3. Nothing is done by Indians when the foreigners are molested or attacked due to sheer shame and fear of the People turning against us

Swetha Shenoy
After reading the story I have observed one thing

1. Indians stare at foreigners where this staring can lead to passing comments or even to the extent of touching the women out of curiosity
2. There is always crowd anywhere and everywhere in India at any time of the day....why is it like that? Dont the people in our country have work to do (to sit in cabins or to sit at homes,etc)
3. Nothing is done by Indians when the foreigners are molested or attacked due to sheer shame and fear of the People turning against us

Regarding point no. one, absolutely true! Most men ogle at those women just like a dog ogles at a bone! :sick: I have been often put into an uncomfortable position when I was asked "why do these men stare at us like that? haven't they ever seen a woman before this?"

2. If majority of these people had work to do, we would have been an economically better position than now and people would have become more enterprising to find work than blaming government and the system!

3. Indians do not speak out or intervene when an Indian woman is being molested so how will they oppose such incidents upon women from other countries?

We are in such a time, not a single day passes without a rape or harassment on women. They have become so rampant that they stopped creating any sort of feeling in me. My mind has become numb. Passing lewd remarks and touching the women foreign or desi with some pretext have become order of the day. Shame on this country which performs 1000 pujas to Devis and Durgas. A country of hypocrites.
no doubt.this story is all true.Because if such things can happen to indian girls day to day then it can happen to foreigners also. Infact I witnessed in metro or market from a teenage boy to an old-age man they all stare at foreign girls very badly and not only foreign many times indian girls also face same situation being stared or harrased by bad comments from group of boys or men. :(

a.s.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.