The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
One should not be ghost writer for any Tom, Henry and Dick. either write in your own name or be a ghost writer for big celebrity only.
Ghost writer should keep identity and also the works he or she is doing, during my graduation days few years back I used to write for a site, where there are auctions and they used to categories the work according to standard to give the price of articles, but it is always better to write with your own name, it is good for building up reputations.

Yes, you are right. An author of an article should keep a proof of his authorship. Without this precaution crying for copyright is an exercise in futility.

And what should he do keep the proof. Should he place it somewhere online or publish it somewhere? Once published, how will he sell it to his client? There is no way one can keep a proof in case as Rakhi mentioned in this thread. I think Rakhi will ask someone to close this topic here. Thanks everyone.

No . Not necessary. A writer should lay a condition in the agreement with the publisher. They need not show the name of the writer in the site. But it will be there in the contract or agreement with the publisher.

The conditions part doesn't work with ghost writing. A ghost writer is a person who sells their work for money, there won't be any money if they started putting conditions forward. And the more important part is there is no sites but mostly private clients whom you know through email only. It's ghost writers choice to sell or not sell. He is in buyer's market

I worked for a client about whom I never bothered. There was an in- betweener whom I know. I used to get the themes through the middle man. They used to publish my illustrations giving full credit to me. A prompt payment within 2 days after they receive my article. There is no hard and fast rule that the ghost writers need be anonymous. And ghost writing doesn't mean always the writer cannot lay down his own rules. But everything must be done in the beginning of the project. I work for a contractor who supplies me English matter for which I have to translate in to Telugu . I get full credit to my work.

I am not mentioning the experts like you here but layman like me who never finds himself in 'setting condition' position. Cheers. :lol:

Expert or novice one should be careful from the very beginning because we the writers write an article shedding sweat. It's not money every time. We need credit also.
I must add the in between man keeps my record of my authorship. He never forgets to give an official receipt saying that an article written by A. Rambabu is being published for which I so and so X paid 3 dollars credited to his PayPal account. And PayPal clearly mentions all the details about the sender. Here I have 2 solid proofs confirming my authorship.

You have proof for what you got as payment but you have no proof for what you submitted to a private client as a ghost writer.

But the person who deposits my amount to my Paypal acknowledges my authorship, name of the article and the site where its published officially on his letter head in writing. Its enough for me.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
One should not be ghost writer for any Tom, Henry and Dick. either write in your own name or be a ghost writer for big celebrity only.
Ghost writer should keep identity and also the works he or she is doing, during my graduation days few years back I used to write for a site, where there are auctions and they used to categories the work according to standard to give the price of articles, but it is always better to write with your own name, it is good for building up reputations.

Yes, you are right. An author of an article should keep a proof of his authorship. Without this precaution crying for copyright is an exercise in futility.

And what should he do keep the proof. Should he place it somewhere online or publish it somewhere? Once published, how will he sell it to his client? There is no way one can keep a proof in case as Rakhi mentioned in this thread. I think Rakhi will ask someone to close this topic here. Thanks everyone.

No . Not necessary. A writer should lay a condition in the agreement with the publisher. They need not show the name of the writer in the site. But it will be there in the contract or agreement with the publisher.

The conditions part doesn't work with ghost writing. A ghost writer is a person who sells their work for money, there won't be any money if they started putting conditions forward. And the more important part is there is no sites but mostly private clients whom you know through email only. It's ghost writers choice to sell or not sell. He is in buyer's market

I worked for a client about whom I never bothered. There was an in- betweener whom I know. I used to get the themes through the middle man. They used to publish my illustrations giving full credit to me. A prompt payment within 2 days after they receive my article. There is no hard and fast rule that the ghost writers need be anonymous. And ghost writing doesn't mean always the writer cannot lay down his own rules. But everything must be done in the beginning of the project. I work for a contractor who supplies me English matter for which I have to translate in to Telugu . I get full credit to my work.

I am not mentioning the experts like you here but layman like me who never finds himself in 'setting condition' position. Cheers. :lol:

Expert or novice one should be careful from the very beginning because we the writers write an article shedding sweat. It's not money every time. We need credit also.
I must add the in between man keeps my record of my authorship. He never forgets to give an official receipt saying that an article written by A. Rambabu is being published for which I so and so X paid 3 dollars credited to his PayPal account. And PayPal clearly mentions all the details about the sender. Here I have 2 solid proofs confirming my authorship.

You have proof for what you got as payment but you have no proof for what you submitted to a private client as a ghost writer.

But the person who deposits my amount to my Paypal acknowledges my authorship officially on his letter head in writing. Its enough for me.

If you have small amount to get, it may not be worthwhile to go for litigation. However sending a notice through advocate may some times serve the purpose.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

But the person who deposits my amount to my Paypal acknowledges my authorship officially on his letter head in writing. Its enough for me.

If you have small amount to get, it may not be worthwhile to go for litigation. However sending a notice through advocate may some times serve the purpose.

It was a project that lasted for 18 months. I got both my money as well as my due credits in writing.

It was a project that lasted for 18 months. I got both my money as well as my due credits in writing.

Thus you have no dispute. The issue is relevant only if you don't get your dues.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

But the person who deposits my amount to my Paypal acknowledges my authorship, name of the article and the site where its published officially on his letter head in writing. Its enough for me.

Then it's not ghostwriting, you do not qualify to be one. ;) Ghost writers is someone who does not exist, as the name would suggest.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

According to Bing dictionary: ghost writer is.actual but not official author: somebody who writes something for or with somebody else, the other person receiving sole credit as the author. B)

http://mohanmekap.com/

According to Bing dictionary: ghost writer is.actual but not official author: somebody who writes something for or with somebody else, the other person receiving sole credit as the author. B)

Sole credit and income whatsoever one time or residual, the official author pays to actual writer once he makes confirm that the actual writer has not had it published somewhere else.

Then it's not ghostwriting, you do not qualify to be one. ;) Ghost writers is someone who does not exist, as the name would suggest.

When I'm writing for an unknown person without my name I'm certainly a ghost writer. Its because of the person who employed me I'm able to have my proof of authorship. Here we are discussing about the ways to preserve a proof of my authorship. If the person who is using my article abuses, i can use the proof of my authorship retained by my middle man. If my article is abused or changed i can take out my proof . But never it was done of course. I;m concerned with the rights. I'm not concerned whether my name appears or not.

When I'm writing for an unknown person without my name I'm certainly a ghost writer. Its because of the person who employed me I'm able to have my proof of authorship. Here we are discussing about the ways to preserve a proof of my authorship. If the person who is using my article abuses, i can use the proof of my authorship retained by my middle man. If my article is abused or changed i can take out my proof . But never it was done of course. I;m concerned with the rights. I'm not concerned whether my name appears or not.

And in this case there is no middleman but her client, who did the cheating. Then where does she go to make her claim?

And in this case there is no middleman but her client, who did the cheating. Then where does she go to make her claim?

She cannot claim copyright
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.