Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am seeing it as devil's advocate, whether all these environmentalists who are saying abt. dooms day and some of them have received nobel, whether this is going to be true is still doubt.

Even after seeing the devastation caused by 3 cyclones in a span of 3 months, you are still in doubt ?
I am seeing it as devil's advocate, whether all these environmentalists who are saying abt. dooms day and some of them have received nobel, whether this is going to be true is still doubt.

Even after seeing the devastation caused by 3 cyclones in a span of 3 months, you are still in doubt ?
Two or three years back two environmentalists receive Nobel as they created a theory why ice are melting from Himalayas, then after that it is proved that the environment reason is not sufficient enough, this creates suspicion.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Two or three years back two environmentalists receive Nobel as they created a theory why ice are melting from Himalayas, then after that it is proved that the environment reason is not sufficient enough, this creates suspicion.

Did they give any other reasons for the melting of ice? If they did, let's have those facts please.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It's not just about the melting of Himalayan range. Entire polar region is melted and raising the sea levels. It's has been proved and established. Have no doubt about this.
All our measures to protect environment and prevent its degradation lack commitment and clear focus. These are marked by adhocism. With this kind of mindset I dare say that there would be more natural, unnatural (!) calamities and the nation may have to keep itself frantically busy with management of disasters with limited or little success!!
Friends cyclone in the winter season is horrible. I wish this cyclone should pass away far and wide.

Any thing which claims life is horrible whatever is the season. I am also wishing that passed away without hurting.
Friends cyclone in the winter season is horrible. I wish this cyclone should pass away far and wide.

Any thing which claims life is horrible whatever is the season. I am also wishing that passed away without hurting.

Luckily it was weakened. No harm was done to the lives and property. I'm from this area. We were sleepless for 3 nights. Now we heaved a sigh of relief.
These cyclones are mere warnings of what is slated to follow in the future! Countries like Maldives which comprises of over 2000 tiny islands with low lying lands is slowly sinking into the sea due to climatic changes. By the next century almost all of Maldives is predicted to sink in the Indian Ocean. If we all don't change then probably there will be more countries who sink like Maldives!

I think modernisation is the main cause behind it. People are cutting down trees to develop the island. As a result the cyclones cannot be checked. Hence the islands are sinking in ocean.

Modernisation is the chief culprit. If anyone still has doubts about it, see what happened in Uttarakhand! Nature unleashes its fury by way of storms and rains from time to time, but at the same time she also has provided us with protection form them in the form of mountains and forests. But instead of conserving those means of our protection, we have destroyed them with our own hands...so why cry foul over something that we are responsible for? Nature has done her duty, we are not doing ours!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

These cyclones are mere warnings of what is slated to follow in the future! Countries like Maldives which comprises of over 2000 tiny islands with low lying lands is slowly sinking into the sea due to climatic changes. By the next century almost all of Maldives is predicted to sink in the Indian Ocean. If we all don't change then probably there will be more countries who sink like Maldives!

I think modernisation is the main cause behind it. People are cutting down trees to develop the island. As a result the cyclones cannot be checked. Hence the islands are sinking in ocean.

Modernisation is the chief culprit. If anyone still has doubts about it, see what happened in Uttarakhand! Nature unleashes its fury by way of storms and rains from time to time, but at the same time she also has provided us with protection form them in the form of mountains and forests. But instead of conserving those means of our protection, we have destroyed them with our own hands...so why cry foul over something that we are responsible for? Nature has done her duty, we are not doing ours!

I think modernization in true sense of the term should not be entirely blamed for it. In the long zig-zag evolutionary path of human civilization modernization has been aiding its survival. When old habits, outlooks threaten to destroy it or partly destroyed it, modern thoughts came to its rescue. But pseudo modernism can spell doom to our civilization.

I think modernization in true sense of the term should not be entirely blamed for it. In the long zig-zag evolutionary path of human civilization modernization has been aiding its survival. When old habits, outlooks threaten to destroy it or partly destroyed it, modern thoughts came to its rescue. But pseudo modernism can spell doom to our civilization.

Rightly pointed. Pseudo modernism practiced by pseudo intellectuals is the cause behind the deterioration of civilization not only in India but all over the world.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.