Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Friends cyclone in the winter season is horrible. I wish this cyclone should pass away far and wide.

Any thing which claims life is horrible whatever is the season. I am also wishing that passed away without hurting.

Luckily it was weakened. No harm was done to the lives and property. I'm from this area. We were sleepless for 3 nights. Now we heaved a sigh of relief.

Rambabu all these part of life. Some bad some good. Before few days my city have raging of dengu. But now situation is ok. Thank God and pray to give us power to face all these.

A series of cyclones one after another in a short span of 3 months really made the lives of the people hell. Farmers are unable to recover from the devastation. It takes decades to recover from the losses. Poor farmers lost their livelihood.

We have got to seek answers from our masters why have things come to such a pass after decades of so-called development!!! We must ask our conscience if the present paradigm of development is sustainable or it would bring more death and destruction!! :sick: :sick:

The answer is simple and plain. I know some of us would not like it but that's what is the glaring truth. We have, that is our governments failed, rather were afraid to keep a check on growing population. We allowed our country to fill with people from anywhere who wanted to come here (Atithi Devo Bhav) without papers and make their stay on our roads causing blockage of everything including roads and drainage. Go to any city and see both sides of rail tracks and city roads, you would know what I mean.
Then a section of our population decided to make it a point that we beat the world record of being most populated country in the world. All this needs space and now the result is, we are busting at the seams. We are growing in every direction, left, right, horizontal and vertical at such a speed that we shall be deprived of even breath enough air. We shall have not enough space even to sit or stand properly. The garbage we dispose is not properly managed. what could be a source of energy is simply chocking our life. It's polluting everything. The govt machinery is making money in the name of everything, unchecked and uncontrolled. We have no reason to see hope to survive and that will be sooner than our expectation when we all will chock. And no one says that it is not that because poor has 2-3 vegetables that is the reason of inflation but it's the basic formula of demand and supply. The demand has exceeded too much compared to supply and the reason is too many people, far too many to provide them what it takes to make them comfortable. Unless we find a way to control population, do not expect that any other plan is going to work.
It is nice to see natural calamities are regular in India and now they are controlling rising population, :evil: :evil:

Welcome. Then in the same breath we should welcome AIDS also.
I could not understand what is the relationships of natural calamities with AIDS.

If you opine natural calamities are welcome to control the population AIDS also can control the population.
Friends cyclone in the winter season is horrible. I wish this cyclone should pass away far and wide.

Any thing which claims life is horrible whatever is the season. I am also wishing that passed away without hurting.

Luckily it was weakened. No harm was done to the lives and property. I'm from this area. We were sleepless for 3 nights. Now we heaved a sigh of relief.

Rambabu all these part of life. Some bad some good. Before few days my city have raging of dengu. But now situation is ok. Thank God and pray to give us power to face all these.

A series of cyclones one after another in a short span of 3 months really made the lives of the people hell. Farmers are unable to recover from the devastation. It takes decades to recover from the losses. Poor farmers lost their livelihood.

We have got to seek answers from our masters why have things come to such a pass after decades of so-called development!!! We must ask our conscience if the present paradigm of development is sustainable or it would bring more death and destruction!! :sick: :sick:

The answer is simple and plain. I know some of us would not like it but that's what is the glaring truth. We have, that is our governments failed, rather were afraid to keep a check on growing population. We allowed our country to fill with people from anywhere who wanted to come here (Atithi Devo Bhav) without papers and make their stay on our roads causing blockage of everything including roads and drainage. Go to any city and see both sides of rail tracks and city roads, you would know what I mean.
Then a section of our population decided to make it a point that we beat the world record of being most populated country in the world. All this needs space and now the result is, we are busting at the seams. We are growing in every direction, left, right, horizontal and vertical at such a speed that we shall be deprived of even breath enough air. We shall have not enough space even to sit or stand properly. The garbage we dispose is not properly managed. what could be a source of energy is simply chocking our life. It's polluting everything. The govt machinery is making money in the name of everything, unchecked and uncontrolled. We have no reason to see hope to survive and that will be sooner than our expectation when we all will chock. And no one says that it is not that because poor has 2-3 vegetables that is the reason of inflation but it's the basic formula of demand and supply. The demand has exceeded too much compared to supply and the reason is too many people, far too many to provide them what it takes to make them comfortable. Unless we find a way to control population, do not expect that any other plan is going to work.
It is nice to see natural calamities are regular in India and now they are controlling rising population, :evil: :evil:

I could not understand what is the relationships of natural calamities with AIDS.

If you opine natural calamities are welcome to control the population AIDS also can control the population.
All terminal diseases can control population, not only AIDS, but natural calamities wipe away many population in one go, so it is not the same as terminal disese.

http://mohanmekap.com/

All terminal diseases can control population, not only AIDS, but natural calamities wipe away many population in one go, so it is not the same as terminal disese.

If the aim is to control the population why the government did not inject viruses in the people ?The viruses are capable of wiping the population much faster.

If the aim is to control the population why the government did not inject viruses in the people ?The viruses are capable of wiping the population much faster.
In democracy only in emergency govt. can be dictators, as daddy is telling me, during emergency, hairs are caught and also men have been operated to stop productivity as such, but in China this can be done, as they are dictators, but now they want two child's from Chinese parents.

In democracy only in emergency govt. can be dictators, as daddy is telling me, during emergency, hairs are caught and also men have been operated to stop productivity as such, but in China this can be done, as they are dictators, but now they want two child's from Chinese parents.

Hairs are caught ? what's that ? Pray explain.
These cyclones are mere warnings of what is slated to follow in the future! Countries like Maldives which comprises of over 2000 tiny islands with low lying lands is slowly sinking into the sea due to climatic changes. By the next century almost all of Maldives is predicted to sink in the Indian Ocean. If we all don't change then probably there will be more countries who sink like Maldives!

I think modernisation is the main cause behind it. People are cutting down trees to develop the island. As a result the cyclones cannot be checked. Hence the islands are sinking in ocean.

Modernisation is the chief culprit. If anyone still has doubts about it, see what happened in Uttarakhand! Nature unleashes its fury by way of storms and rains from time to time, but at the same time she also has provided us with protection form them in the form of mountains and forests. But instead of conserving those means of our protection, we have destroyed them with our own hands...so why cry foul over something that we are responsible for? Nature has done her duty, we are not doing ours!

I think modernization in true sense of the term should not be entirely blamed for it. In the long zig-zag evolutionary path of human civilization modernization has been aiding its survival. When old habits, outlooks threaten to destroy it or partly destroyed it, modern thoughts came to its rescue. But pseudo modernism can spell doom to our civilization.

Yes, it is the pseudo modernization that we have blindly followed while aping certain countries. In doing so, we have very unceremoniously cast aside the advices of people with enough intelligence and foresight for short-term gains. Modernization aided with high-end technology WITHOUT causing damage to environment is very much possible but we are not looking in the right direction. Look at Singapore, Malaysia, and some Scandinavian countries, what they have achieved! We only know how to destroy and are not willing to adopt sustainable development because it needs a lot of hard work and there is less money to be reaped from it.

Some months back when the Uttaranchal Tragedy making scary headlines I chanced upon an article written by a prominent person taking profound interest in the ecology of the Himalayas, when the term 'environmentalist' was not even conceived!! I am sorry I can't readily refer to the link of this article which I would try in future but what is of importance that that was written in the mid-60s when the Nehru's government was in power and now we are into the second decade of this century. Each and every word of that article is so prophetic!! I would busy myself with searching the link and it would reveal criminal negligence on the part of several governments in this regard.

If you happen to remember his name, do post so I can search for that article, but about 3-4 decades back, even Sunderlal Bahuguna has prophesied exactly what happened in Uttarakhand, but instead of paying attention to his warnings, he was castigated and even imprisoned at one point for his protests!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

These cyclones are mere warnings of what is slated to follow in the future! Countries like Maldives which comprises of over 2000 tiny islands with low lying lands is slowly sinking into the sea due to climatic changes. By the next century almost all of Maldives is predicted to sink in the Indian Ocean. If we all don't change then probably there will be more countries who sink like Maldives!

I think modernisation is the main cause behind it. People are cutting down trees to develop the island. As a result the cyclones cannot be checked. Hence the islands are sinking in ocean.

Modernisation is the chief culprit. If anyone still has doubts about it, see what happened in Uttarakhand! Nature unleashes its fury by way of storms and rains from time to time, but at the same time she also has provided us with protection form them in the form of mountains and forests. But instead of conserving those means of our protection, we have destroyed them with our own hands...so why cry foul over something that we are responsible for? Nature has done her duty, we are not doing ours!

I think modernization in true sense of the term should not be entirely blamed for it. In the long zig-zag evolutionary path of human civilization modernization has been aiding its survival. When old habits, outlooks threaten to destroy it or partly destroyed it, modern thoughts came to its rescue. But pseudo modernism can spell doom to our civilization.

Yes, it is the pseudo modernization that we have blindly followed while aping certain countries. In doing so, we have very unceremoniously cast aside the advices of people with enough intelligence and foresight for short-term gains. Modernization aided with high-end technology WITHOUT causing damage to environment is very much possible but we are not looking in the right direction. Look at Singapore, Malaysia, and some Scandinavian countries, what they have achieved! We only know how to destroy and are not willing to adopt sustainable development because it needs a lot of hard work and there is less money to be reaped from it.

Some months back when the Uttaranchal Tragedy making scary headlines I chanced upon an article written by a prominent person taking profound interest in the ecology of the Himalayas, when the term 'environmentalist' was not even conceived!! I am sorry I can't readily refer to the link of this article which I would try in future but what is of importance that that was written in the mid-60s when the Nehru's government was in power and now we are into the second decade of this century. Each and every word of that article is so prophetic!! I would busy myself with searching the link and it would reveal criminal negligence on the part of several governments in this regard.

If you happen to remember his name, do post so I can search for that article, but about 3-4 decades back, even Sunderlal Bahuguna has prophesied exactly what happened in Uttarakhand, but instead of paying attention to his warnings, he was castigated and even imprisoned at one point for his protests!

I would definitely try to unearth it and Mr. Bahuguna did sound this warning quite a long way back!
Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Friends at present there is no sign of cyclone any where. The weather is such as if I am living in a desert not in a rain-fed deltaic region.
After 3 cyclones here we in AP are looking forward for the arrival of winter which is yet to set in full swing.
Today at morning here the temp. is 17 c, and after four days of cloud in which coolness decreased and it is now seems to be surfacing, again.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.