It is a safe game to avoid risks in life. But is it really possible to be totally risk averse in life?? You might actually be exposing yourself to more risks if such an attitude is there. Give your views, please!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is a safe game to avoid risks in life. But is it really possible to be totally risk averse in life?? You might actually be exposing yourself to more risks if such an attitude is there. Give your views, please!

personally I have and am taking too many risks in life but have no regrets.You cannot win all the time but at least you have tried ! With all that I still feel that it is better to take calculated risks to reduce your chances of failure ..at least analyse and make a study before plunging !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

personally I have and am taking too many risks in life but have no regrets.You cannot win all the time but at least you have tried ! With all that I still feel that it is better to take calculated risks to reduce your chances of failure ..at least analyse and make a study before plunging !

I also subscribe to this belief, avoidance may not be a good answer. Of course, we must do our own study, examining all the parameters - risk-benefit analysis, risks profile.
Thank you said by: Biswajit Kumar Nath
Unknown risk lies everywhere. We cannot always be careful. Willingly we should not attempt anything which is risky. Risk for life is madness. We should respect the gift of human life given to us by God. Rather than that risk for money, risk in career and risk in games are ok. These are not so harmful. This can only make you learn some lessons.

I am not afraid of taking risks because I believe in "No risk, no game". And this is not a hidden secret that if someone is not willing to take the bull by the horn, chances are bull will kill him. I keep my profile low unless it's not necessary but when it is time to take the decisions, there is no stopping for me. I am the one who wants to see what's happening inside.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

It is true, no risk no gain, personally I do not like taking risks, always want to be on safer side, taking risks gives enough opportunity and it can provide huge success, as such it can give you extreme loss of life, I prefer to stay safe as I do not believe in taking risks.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Let me start with the adage, I read in Macbeth, where Lady Macbeth ridicules the king, who wanted to become the king but not wanting to do what it would take. The adage was, “A cat loves fish. But refuses to wet its paws.”

Now my own example. I’m a simple Science graduate with a safe and secure job with a hefty pay packet and without responsibility and accountability as a Metallurgical observer in Research and control Lab of Rourkela steel plant. Despite all these, somewhere from the corner of my heart. A voice whispers occasionally and asks me, are you doing a job that’s close to your heart ? My childhood obsession and passion to work as an Artist remained unfulfilled leaving a vacuum in my heart. But my art cultivation never ceased.

After many eventless years ,someone seen my Posters on the importance of environment protection. Out of the blue, one day an offer came from Just upcoming Vizag steel plant to work as an executive in the Research and control Lab. I refused it and asked the authorities if they could give me an artist’s post even if it’s a non-executive post with less pay.

My friends ridiculed me saying that I’m opting for an unknown field in which I don’t have experience. I brushed them all away and joined as a visualizer in the PR dept of Vizag steel plant

The management gave me an opportunity to unleash my creativity with a shoe string budget for which it used to spend astronomical amounts to the advertising agencies. The Management has sent me for training in one of the most prestigious Ad agency RK Swamy BBDO.

From then I never looked back.
The risk I took paid me rich dividends and continues to do so even today.
This explains all about the necessity of risk taking.
Thank you said by: mohan manohar, Biswajit Kumar Nath

I also subscribe to this belief, avoidance may not be a good answer. Of course, we must do our own study, examining all the parameters - risk-benefit analysis, risks profile.

Surprisingly most people never would want to take any risks in life at all, not even ones which seem lekely to win ! It tells us that human beings love to be within their comfort zone.Personally, I have taken too many risks sometimes going against the wishes of my family but in the end it is all about doing what you feel is worth doing and not having done at all would probably have been even more distressing ! Of course you are at the receiving end when you lose but when you win , it is great to know that you were afterall right in your assessment, it boosts your self confidence !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Fear of failure is one of the reasons for shying away from taking risk. From the invention of wheel to walk on the moon to Chandrayan all are the fruits borne out of taking risk. Same is true for a plethora of ground breaking inventions.

Surprisingly most people never would want to take any risks in life at all, not even ones which seem lekely to win ! It tells us that human beings love to be within their comfort zone.Personally, I have taken too many risks sometimes going against the wishes of my family but in the end it is all about doing what you feel is worth doing and not having done at all would probably have been even more distressing ! Of course you are at the receiving end when you lose but when you win , it is great to know that you were afterall right in your assessment, it boosts your self confidence !

Irrespective of gains or losses, taking risks puts us on a learning curve - helps us acquiring valuable insights into life!!
I always though that taking a calculated risk opens us up to newer challenges and opportunities in life. When we push ourself to learn a new skill, whatever is that like I spoke for the first time in a seminar as an asst manager. In fact I took a risk, I could have falen down because my legs were soooo shaky.
Taking risks certainly give us reasons to establish new limits for ourselves, we can set our mind for something new. Yes it certainly offers us chance to do something new. When you take risks and start some thing new there is no guarantee of a result but if you come out a winner your happiness is unimaginable. I don't mind taking risks. Sometimes risks boomerang on me but ....do i really care?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.