Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@Usha, you are right, people who have had money for generations learn to respect it and use it wisely but the nouveau rich who suddenly come into money are all going overboard trying to spend it as fast as they can. It is the case with people from middle classes who started earning hoards of it thanks to IT boom and people with lands whose lands were bought for development, these people show no respect for money and spend it in malls, trying to show off their possessions, cars etc. Of course there are exceptions to these!

Very true Kalyani ! I feel that we need to include a bit of economics and money management in our school syllabus like they have in western countries. It goes a long way in preparing children for financial responsibilities. Parents too can do it so easily by giving a piggy bank and later opening a junior account where tey can deposit their pocket money, birthday gift or any small amount we may give them from time to time. Children feel so proud of their own bank accounts.I remember my own children sitting together and discussing how much of savings each of them had in their accounts and working towards enhancing it...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

@Usha, you are right, people who have had money for generations learn to respect it and use it wisely but the nouveau rich who suddenly come into money are all going overboard trying to spend it as fast as they can. It is the case with people from middle classes who started earning hoards of it thanks to IT boom and people with lands whose lands were bought for development, these people show no respect for money and spend it in malls, trying to show off their possessions, cars etc. Of course there are exceptions to these!

Very true Kalyani ! I feel that we need to include a bit of economics and money management in our school syllabus like they have in western countries. It goes a long way in preparing children for financial responsibilities. Parents too can do it so easily by giving a piggy bank and later opening a junior account where tey can deposit their pocket money, birthday gift or any small amount we may give them from time to time. Children feel so proud of their own bank accounts.I remember my own children sitting together and discussing how much of savings each of them had in their accounts and working towards enhancing it...

Yes that's a very good idea. Schools should have some kind of financial educational classes in their curriculum. The irony is that we study to get good marks so we can earn good money later. They teach us all kinds of subjects expect the most important of them all, about finance.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

Very true Kalyani ! I feel that we need to include a bit of economics and money management in our school syllabus like they have in western countries. It goes a long way in preparing children for financial responsibilities. Parents too can do it so easily by giving a piggy bank and later opening a junior account where tey can deposit their pocket money, birthday gift or any small amoudnt we may give them from time to time. Children feel so proud of their own bank accounts.I remember my own children sitting together and discussing how much of savings each of them had in their accounts and working towards enhancing it...

Yes that's a very good idea. Schools should have some kind of financial educational classes in their curriculum. The irony is that we study to get good marks so we can earn good money later. They teach us all kinds of subjects expect the most important of them all, about finance.[/quote

We are introduced to the concept of saving in our childhood first in the home. The very idea of "Piggy Banks" indicates, if such habits are introduced in the formative years in the home will a go a long way.
Credit cards are also a bad influence for these kinds of people. They buy all kind of expensive things when they first see it, through their credit cards. They fail to think about it's consequences on their monthly budget.
Credit cards are also a bad influence for these kinds of people. They buy all kind of expensive things when they first see it, through their credit cards. They fail to think about it's consequences on their monthly budget.

Credit cards are aptly termed as "Debt Traps" by none other than the fourth richest man in the world and investment Guru, Warren Buffett. This says it all.

Credit cards are aptly termed as "Debt Traps" by none other than the fourth richest man in the world and investment Guru, Warren Buffett. This says it all.

Yes he is the financial wizard. And he knows best. It's true the banks providing credit cards want you to be in their debt so they can earn interest from you and fill their pockets. Most people are ignorant about this aspect.

Yes he is the financial wizard. And he knows best. It's true the banks providing credit cards want you to be in their debt so they can earn interest from you and fill their pockets. Most people are ignorant about this aspect.

Flashing a credit card is being seen as a prestige symbol by many. My friend used to enter a mall only to buy a hand kerchief and often used to end up with a big bundle of clothes. This kind of impulsive buying is a sure way of digging one's own "DEBT" grave.

Flashing a credit card is being seen as a prestige symbol by many. My friend used to enter a mall only to buy a hand kerchief and often used to end up with a big bundle of clothes. This kind of impulsive buying is a sure way of digging one's own "DEBT" grave.

Yes that's the purpose of credit cards. When you don't have to pay physically from your pocket, then that amount doesn't have the same value. It's just a few numbers on the screen. This encourages impulse buying.
True both ways- some people do not want to spend the money they earned the harder way on the other hand as they say the 'neo-rich' want to show their money-power by spending it lavishly, sometimes vulgarly. In most cases spoiled brat of the neo-rich make sure everyone knows they have money even if it stinks.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

True both ways- some people do not want to spend the money they earned the harder way on the other hand as they say the 'neo-rich' want to show their money-power by spending it lavishly, sometimes vulgarly. In most cases spoiled brat of the neo-rich make sure everyone knows they have money even if it stinks.

If one is aware of what he or she is doing throwing money for show is not a crime. Because they are also aware how to get back their money..
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.