Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes Mousumi there are certain people who really do not realize how much nuisance and inconvenience they are creating for others. Functions and get-togethers can be arranged and enjoyed without disturbing the others.

I love writing and sharing ideas

Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh
Lack of civic sence and no respect for the law are the real reasons behind this indiscipline. A responsible and law abiding citizen will never cause inconvenience to other citizens.
Without noise there is no function worth its name that can be held. Mike is a necessity. Otherwise how will people come to know that a function is being held. Louder the noise better the function.

Yeah, it seems like there is a false notion that the louder the music, the more fun they are having! In my city, in several places people have to put up with extremely loud and raucous late-night parties each weekend hosted by students and IT professionals in their shared flats! The nuisance grew to such an intolerable limit that many housing societies now have made rules against renting flats to bachelor youngsters, even girls being equally capable of hosting such parties, even single girls, both students as well as working are now refused as renters!

bachelors who are not of that type are also finding it to get accommodation on rent because of such noisemakers in Mumbai.
Speaking of annoying habits............ "spitting in public places" is abhorrent. In an apartment complex I have seen people have mounted pictures of gods and goddesses on the staircases so that people can't spit on the walls.

I love writing and sharing ideas

Sounds like a good idea to use Gods to rescue us from refraining from spitting. But how do we deal with atheists?

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Yeah few people..single tenants who create nuisance, make it difficult for others tenants to look for accomodation....

It appears from the discussion, the situation of flat cleanliness in Flats and on Roads in my place, a metropolis is far better than many places. Here we never faced the problems mentioned in the thread.
In India garabage management is a problem that never seems t have a solution even when you have garbage collection. I see many people dumping their garbage by the roadside where they feel like . They would rather throw outside rather than into the garbage bin that is provided which is extremely annoying.There is no point in blaming the authorities since they have provided a bin and are clearing it at regular intervals but people simply dont seem to care to take that bit of extra rouble to go close to the bi and throw it into it,,,

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In India garabage management is a problem that never seems t have a solution even when you have garbage collection. I see many people dumping their garbage by the roadside where they feel like . They would rather throw outside rather than into the garbage bin that is provided which is extremely annoying.There is no point in blaming the authorities since they have provided a bin and are clearing it at regular intervals but people simply dont seem to care to take that bit of extra rouble to go close to the bi and throw it into it,,,

That is because the authorities themselves are not at all serious about garbage management. I am sure you know how rules regarding garbage are extremely difficult in other countries, especially in Europe. Also, because of constantly hammering the importance of proper garbage management in those countries, now people too have become very responsible. Actually there is so much more that can be done to reduce overall garbage on personal levels, but no one wants to do anything except for a handful few who realise its importance. And the general attitude is, 'so long as it is not in my home, I don't care where I throw the trash from my home'! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

That is because the authorities themselves are not at all serious about garbage management. I am sure you know how rules regarding garbage are extremely difficult in other countries, especially in Europe. Also, because of constantly hammering the importance of proper garbage management in those countries, now people too have become very responsible. Actually there is so much more that can be done to reduce overall garbage on personal levels, but no one wants to do anything except for a handful few who realise its importance. And the general attitude is, 'so long as it is not in my home, I don't care where I throw the trash from my home'! :blink:

In all newly built societies and apartments there are garbage chutes available and in case it has not been provided, someone comes in to collect garbage. Also, not sure why, if people can follow rules in office and workplaces, why does it become so difficult to follow and continue this habit outside the office premises. May be strict rules can change the attitude of people and can bring about some discipline about throwing garbage in trash cans and not anywhere one pleases.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.