Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There are community halls meant for holding functions in my colony. The management demands undertakings from the organizers of the function, that no noise producing devises like mikes should be used after 10 PM. And they strictly adhere to it.

Here also community halls are ok it is the open plots which are a nuisance.
There are community halls meant for holding functions in my colony. The management demands undertakings from the organizers of the function, that no noise producing devises like mikes should be used after 10 PM. And they strictly adhere to it.

Even for the functions held in open including festivals,here the law enforcing authorities are strict

Even for the functions held in open including festivals,here the law enforcing authorities are strict

Unfortunately that is not the case here and there is an app. one km road along which there are five open marriage plots. On some days it is a huge nuisance. matter is reported to police also by alert citizens but it goes down for a copule of days only. basically people have to cooperate which is laudable in your city.

Unfortunately that is not the case here and there is an app. one km road along which there are five open marriage plots. On some days it is a huge nuisance. matter is reported to police also by alert citizens but it goes down for a copule of days only. basically people have to cooperate which is laudable in your city.

Here too things did not happen easily. After a prolonged fight by the determined public, the law enforcing authorities had to bow down.

Here too things did not happen easily. After a prolonged fight by the determined public, the law enforcing authorities had to bow down.

There are some determined citizens who are pursuing it and they should succeed perhaps it may take some time.

There are some determined citizens who are pursuing it and they should succeed perhaps it may take some time.

Let it take time. They could start a healthy trend in the society. Set practices are difficult to get rid off. So it takes time.
True, until few people take the initiative of standing up against things that are inappropriate..nothing is going to change.

I think, it would be better if a no mike policy be suggested for all the functions. We can have peaceful marriage ceremonies and peacefully enjoy festivals too!

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Without noise there is no function worth its name that can be held. Mike is a necessity. Otherwise how will people come to know that a function is being held. Louder the noise better the function.
Without noise there is no function worth its name that can be held. Mike is a necessity. Otherwise how will people come to know that a function is being held. Louder the noise better the function.

Yeah, it seems like there is a false notion that the louder the music, the more fun they are having! In my city, in several places people have to put up with extremely loud and raucous late-night parties each weekend hosted by students and IT professionals in their shared flats! The nuisance grew to such an intolerable limit that many housing societies now have made rules against renting flats to bachelor youngsters, even girls being equally capable of hosting such parties, even single girls, both students as well as working are now refused as renters!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@ Kalyani: Very true.//many housing societies now have made rules against renting flats to bachelor youngsters//..but some owners prefer giving it to single guys or girls, so that they never run out of tenants and ultimately people like us bear the brunt. I had to first plead and then shout on some guys and girls who used to put on loud music till early dawn on every Friday night!

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.