Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Language is not only medium of communication, it creates employment opportunities also. Translators are in high demand.

It is okay for those who choose the job of interpreter/ translator to learn more languages. But for others like tax professional, doctor or architect, it may suffice to learn the local language, English and Hindi.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Language is not only medium of communication, it creates employment opportunities also. Translators are in high demand.

It is okay for those who choose the job of interpreter/ translator to learn more languages. But for others like tax professional, doctor or architect, it may suffice to learn the local language, English and Hindi.

The three language formula is highly suitable for a multilingual country like ours. Those interested in learning other language can do so of their own free will. We also tend to pick up fast the language of the state where we work in case it is different than our mother tongue. Many years back during my first visit to Tamil Nadu I found it difficult to talk to locals as they were equally not able to understand English and Hindi. So I learnt a few sentences from the hotel manager and it helped. Perhaps by evening my pronunciation was also sounding local. In the evening I spoke my Tamil sentence to a waiter and he replied in a long Tamil sentence and I was floored.What was interesting was that he sensed my lack of Tamil knowledge and spoke to me in broken Hindi. I could not help laughing at the irony of the situation. One must be open minded about language and then it is an enjoyable experience.
Communication doesn't mean only spoken language. Body language is equally effective and at times more effective than spoken language.It will be more useful when in new places.

Yes, Languages are very Important. Other than Translators, it is used by Guide. They make good Income by learning other country language like German, Russian etc.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.