Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
it should be shame for India that their own language is treated as foreign language in their own country, and a foreign language is given priority and easily understood. we should proud of our own language and culture instead of ignoring it.

You need be pragmatic and not be beligerant about so called own lnguage and culture. In fact, English has enriched itself by adopting words from different languages. The words like Pucca, safari. Purdah have been borrowed from other languages. Then what is wrong if Hindi adopts foreign words that are popular. The terms like Gas, cylinder, University etc are well understood and these must be incorporated in Hindi.

Incidentally, I feel that English technical terms should be accepted in all Indian languages for the sake of simplicity and uniformity. Why do you wish to use 'sakshya' for evidence. Why in chemistry you want to translate 'latent heat' as Gupta Ushma.

Or 'Lohpatgamini' for -----

I think both Hindi and English usage of terms used here will enhance our Hindi knowledge and also will not add to any confusion if an alternative in English is provided. If possible schools and colleges and universities should take it up.

All words that are popularly used by Hindi speaking people should be treated as Hindi words. Thus University, school, park, musuem, cinema, station are Hindi words. The technical terms as used in English should be adoptd in all Indian languages. This will ensure uniformity and same technical term will be be used and understood throughout India.

In fact many of our words have found their way into the English language - Bunglow, Janta,Bandicoot , Jute etc etc. So they have been influenced as much as we have been ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_words_of_Indian_origin

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Parents and schools should also give equal importance to the regional languages so that their children is equally proficient in their mother tongue. It is very irritating to see some young teenagers who can't even complete a sentence in their mother tongue. We should not ignore the importance and richness of our regional languages.

I love writing and sharing ideas

it should be shame for India that their own language is treated as foreign language in their own country, and a foreign language is given priority and easily understood. we should proud of our own language and culture instead of ignoring it.

You need be pragmatic and not be beligerant about so called own lnguage and culture. In fact, English has enriched itself by adopting words from different languages. The words like Pucca, safari. Purdah have been borrowed from other languages. Then what is wrong if Hindi adopts foreign words that are popular. The terms like Gas, cylinder, University etc are well understood and these must be incorporated in Hindi.

Incidentally, I feel that English technical terms should be accepted in all Indian languages for the sake of simplicity and uniformity. Why do you wish to use 'sakshya' for evidence. Why in chemistry you want to translate 'latent heat' as Gupta Ushma.

Or 'Lohpatgamini' for -----

I think both Hindi and English usage of terms used here will enhance our Hindi knowledge and also will not add to any confusion if an alternative in English is provided. If possible schools and colleges and universities should take it up.

All words that are popularly used by Hindi speaking people should be treated as Hindi words. Thus University, school, park, musuem, cinema, station are Hindi words. The technical terms as used in English should be adoptd in all Indian languages. This will ensure uniformity and same technical term will be be used and understood throughout India.

In fact many of our words have found their way into the English language - Bunglow, Janta,Bandicoot , Jute etc etc. So they have been influenced as much as we have been ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_words_of_Indian_origin

Juggernaut, nirvana, Suttee are some more words joined the English language.
As like Hindi, English keeps importance in our country. We all know that Indian languages is changes as state changes. Person from one state is unable to understand all other state languages in proper manner. This create separation. English decreases this separation and bring people of all state under one roof.
In fact Hindi and English should not be pitted against each other. Both these languages are required for the smooth functioning of our society. At the same time Indian vernacular languages should not be dropped off completely, we belong to a multi-lingual society/ country and this is what makes us unique, so instead of fighting over languages, or making one language superior to another we should give importance to both Hindi and English and also encourage using our mother tongue for the newer generation.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

I'm a firm believer in the formula THE. Telugu, ( my Mother tongue)Hindi and English.I never faced any problems in implementing my Formula.
to walk with time we should learn all languages which are used in our day to day life. we should focus in learning our regional language to communicate with locals, Hindi to communicate in India and English to communicate with foreigners.

http://www.comparenshop.in

to walk with time we should learn all languages which are used in our day to day life. we should focus in learning our regional language to communicate with locals, Hindi to communicate in India and English to communicate with foreigners.

Well communicating in English is not just limited to foreigners...we do communicate in English with fellow Indian. However, yes even i try to learn ..the language in which ever place i go...I had to learn Bengali (my mother tongue), English,Hindi, and Oriya in school, picked up a little bit of Telugu..while in Hyderabad..and now I understand Marathi. Learning language is fun and also gives you an opportunity to communicate with the local people better.

Well communicating in English is not just limited to foreigners...we do communicate in English with fellow Indian. However, yes even i try to learn ..the language in which ever place i go...I had to learn Bengali (my mother tongue), English,Hindi, and Oriya in school, picked up a little bit of Telugu..while in Hyderabad..and now I understand Marathi. Learning language is fun and also gives you an opportunity to communicate with the local people better.

Learning more languages is a plus point. It not only makes the communication easy in new places, but builds relationships. Just say, "Soukyama Thambi" in Tamilnadu. And see how the person goes out of the way and renders all the help you need.

Learning more languages is a plus point. It not only makes the communication easy in new places, but builds relationships. Just say, "Soukyama Thambi" in Tamilnadu. And see how the person goes out of the way and renders all the help you need.

Funny it may sound..but the first phrase I learned when I was in Hyderabad..was 'Telugu raadu'..because apparently, people thought I was one among them...but when I came to speak their language..I failed :) :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.