The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

There are such cases, where lawyers did not agree to defend the criminals. But how many such lawyers are there?

Once again, I must appreciate your comment and one more time I would say that there is no denial to the fact that corruption has made a deep inroad in our society. It's very true and one lawyer or one doctor or one teacher and so on will not be able to stop this social menace. It has to have a joint effort but still I would love to comment that a judge would also have no option than punishing the main culprit if the hardcore culprits are not defended at all in the courtroom.   

shampasaid

For anything to succeed Government and People should join hands and work in tandem. otherwise, it will be an exercise in futility.

Rightly commented by Sunny that legalprssional goes by rule book. My view is that a legal professional has to give full legal support to his client. He has to present case of his client in best possible way to help him. But in the process, lawyershould not try to comit any fraudulent avt himself like forging documents.  The lawyer's job is not only to prove that he is not guilty. even when proved guilty, he will try to minimize the punishment.  It is also lawyers' moral responsibility to help poor litigants who have no or less money. In these caes, many lawyers give free services. Also in deserving cases, court appoints lawyersfor the accused. Such lawyer gets fee from govt. at prescribed rate. One of my friend's father is a reputed criminal law advocate. Once he was appoited by court in a murder case. In such cases, fee given by govt. is not more. But he worked wholeheartedly and the accused was honorably acquitted. Needless to say that the accused's family voluntarily gave some gift to him. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Your friend' father is an ideal and exemplary lawyer who fought for justice and succeeded. The very fact the Govt. has appointed him speaks of his integrity. My question is how many such honest lawyers are there ? Most of the lawyers help in mutilating the facts and misguiding the courts.

rambabu wrote:

Your friend' father is an ideal and exemplary lawyer who fought for justice and succeeded. The very fact the Govt. has appointed him speaks of his integrity. My question is how many such honest lawyers are there ? Most of the lawyers help in mutilating the facts and misguiding the courts.

As I wrote above in a post, a lawyer is duty bound to support his client in best possible way. But in the process, he should not himeslf be involved in any forgery or tampering with evidence.  It is obvious that the lawyer would give every possible plea in support of his client. It is for judge to fully and independently considerthe plea of prosecution and defence lawyers and decide the case. 

Duties and responsibilities of lawyer are good to hear. I know cases where lawyers tampered the evidence. Of course they were prosecuted by the court. There are several rules which are supposed to be adhered to. But are they following. In such cases courts should intervene and fully consider the plea of prosecution and defense lawyers and decide the case.

rambabu wrote:

Duties and responsibilities of lawyer are good to hear. I know cases where lawyers tampered the evidence. Of course they were prosecuted by the court. There are several rules which are supposed to be adhered to. But are they following. In such cases courts should intervene and fully consider the plea of prosecution and defense lawyers and decide the case.

Ultimately, it is question of our national character and moral standard. As you ponted out the guilty lawyer was prsoecuted by court. There are provisions for punishing advocate also. A lawyer can be even removed from Bar council. Nothing else is possible. Yltimately, money matters every where.   

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Ultimately, it is question of our national character and moral standard. As you ponted out the guilty lawyer was prsoecuted by court. There are provisions for punishing advocate also. A lawyer can be even removed from Bar council. Nothing else is possible. Yltimately, money matters every where.   

That's why it is believed that in India Law is for rich and influenced.

Shouldn't legal professionals have some moral responsibility towards society?

In many legal cases such as murder, honour killing, rape and so on in which powerful people are involved then we get to see very reputed legal professionals fighting the case in favour of such beings. I know it's their profession and it is also known that in legal case truth is changed into false and vice versa but somehow I feel a bit discomfort. No one is above the law and no profession is above morality so in such a situation I am of the opinion that the legal professionals must stand up for the victim. It will help in eradicating the social evil from the society. Earning money should not be the only aim but must serve a right purpose.

Law is supposed to be blind in the sense it does not distinguish..There are often rigged up cases where evidence is created and witnesses bought and a water tight case is made against an innocent person and if no one defends the person and brings out the truth , where is the justice ? So, everyone is given a fair trial until proven guilty ! Legal system does not confine just to the lawyer but to the entire fraternity of judges and also lay people who have filed the case, sometimes false and the witnesses who may give false testimony.So, if a culprit is allowed to escape all these people are equally guilty !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.