Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
chinmoymukherjee wrote:

If poverty of your arguments makes you a loner why dub the majority as 'fascist'! What do you think friends? This is the first time I come across such horrible mindsets. The majority,if there is one at all, are

being unfairly accused of running a sister outfit of RSS! This is the quality of tolerance of our erudite member! We get regular,at times grindingly boring,lectures and sermons on the virtue of pluralism from him.Physian,heal thyself!!

Chinmoy, you are one of the oldest members here and I respect you for clarity of thoughts and powerful expression. There is bound to be diversity of views and we need respect this. One member complained that again and again some are writing the same sort of stuff. If some give even hint of pushing minority to secondary position, their views is to be resisted- even if they have massive majority. Majority has no right to oppress.  This desire to suppress minority is nothing but fascism. You have to call spade a spade.

I don't complain about any type of views. But others also can definitely put their viewpoint. I repeat that if only a particular view point- namely that of so called Hindutva or Hindu nation- prevails, this site will be reduced to a branch of RSS like Bajarang Dal. Happily this is not the position at present.  

As regards tolerance, I am tolerant. May be some others- I may call them pseudo nationalists- cannot digest contrary opinion. But this is not my problem. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

chinmoymukherjee wrote:

If poverty of your arguments makes you a loner why dub the majority as 'fascist'! What do you think friends? This is the first time I come across such horrible mindsets. The majority,if there is one at all, are

being unfairly accused of running a sister outfit of RSS! This is the quality of tolerance of our erudite member! We get regular,at times grindingly boring,lectures and sermons on the virtue of pluralism from him.Physian,heal thyself!!

You know Chinmoy this is not the first time such accusations and poor arguments been proclaimed by the esteemed member. He has been known to be very abruptly dismissive of our fine history and culture and has made fun quite a number of times. This is the reason for my recent outburst in another thread. Have you also read in another thread how no one has forced Hindus in conversion ever? NOt the first time we have been labelled as fascists, while they fail to recognise themselves as one of a persistent kind over and over again!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

It is fallacious to say that India was occupied ever by Muslims or Christians. There was never any attack by 'Muslim' on 'Hindu'.  Muslims as such never attacked, In fact, the so called Muslim rulers fought even against each other. There were many dynasties like Ghulam, Suri, Tughlak, Khilji that ruled time to time. The 'Muslim' rulers had 'Hindu' ministers and vice versa.  Also the British, Dutch, French- all even fought against each other.  The entire history is war between kings and Kulaks. The religion of the ruler does not matter so much.  Just as Muslim rulers employed Hindu Ministers, the Hindus also employed Muslim.  Religion has nothing to do with rule.  Maharaja Ranjit Singh was a Sikh but he employed French (Christian) as military advisers.

There is one more thing to consider. The quality like compassion and cruelty are not related to religion. These are racial. The Pathans and Baluch are considered  cruel. Hence you may say Muslims are cruel. This is fallacy. The Arabs, Pathans and Baluchs have gther distinct traits and it matters little what their religion is.  a Punjabi Hindu has more in common with  Punjabi Muslim than what a Punjabi Muslim has with Baluch Muslim.  A Hindu Assamese has more in common with Muslim Assamese than what A Hindu Behari has with Hindu Assamese. 

Unless you stop looking at everything from narrow religious angle, you will always have a distorted version of everything. Better think Indian and be true nationalist or patriot.  

I agree with you. During that time, the rulers were fighting each other for expanding their kingdom. There were no discrimination on the basis of  religion. The aim of each king was to invade more places. All kingdoms had powerful militants and the success of each dynasty was on the basis of the strength of these militants. 

@Gulshanji

As a senior member I am aware of my role and responsibilities. I do not see any reason behind a member's raising any issue with the subject of any thread as long as the administration is okay with it.As far as your use of the word 'fascists' I was struck dumb frankly! It would be tragic if our honest and frank views lead to creation of such acrimony and generation of such much heat that even an unflappable person like you lost your calm to make this kind of unfounded allegation. I am extremely sad to have to write these lines.

I dont see anything wrong in being a follower of RSS if one wants to be so and be a member here and who are these people who would brand the forum as RSS run...The grand old communal party or its friends, followers and allies , if so who cares ? Is this the level of secularism or communalism that is being spread by these communal parties ? This is worse than emergency where people cannot say anything about minorities and a couple of members are ready to jump at your throat ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:

I dont see anything wrong in being a follower of RSS if one wants to be so and be a member here and who are these people who would brand the forum as RSS run...The grand old communal party or its friends, followers and allies , if so who cares ? Is this the level of secularism or communalism that is being spread by these communal parties ? This is worse than emergency where people cannot say anything about minorities and a couple of members are ready to jump at your throat ...

There is nothing wrong if some follow RSS and its brand of 'Hindu nationalism'. But if only this brand is prevalent in a particular site, that gets the status of RSS mouth piece like Organizer or Panchjanya. However this is not the position at present. I am sure that Boddunan will maintain the character of an independent site reflecting free and diverse shades of opinion.   

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

There is nothing wrong if some follow RSS and its brand of 'Hindu nationalism'. But if only this brand is prevalent in a particular site, that gets the status of RSS mouth piece like Organizer or Panchjanya. However this is not the position at present. I am sure that Boddunan will maintain the character of an independent site reflecting free and diverse shades of opinion.   

So its OK to be a Congress sycophant or a left wing sickularist ..You mean to say people who are RSS followers have no other personal traits other than what you and your party brands them with ? If so then the entire Congress party should be banned for communalism with regard to Sikh riots ..I dont see from where you people get this twisted logic about an organisation that is disciplined, patriotic and has never done anything anti national like suicide bombers and communal fights and hate speeches against the nation..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

As long as every member gets a fair and an equal opportunity to put forth his or her views any talk of oppression of minority is not right.In the past my line of arguments was not to the liking of many and those were rebutted by them I never saw any trace of fascism in that. The platform of boddunan will remain and should remain one which reflects the broad spectrum of public opinion on all matters.If a member is obsessed with a particular topic and others happen to stand by him or her not much can be done unless the administration spells out its stand on putting restrictions on certain topics.For the time being fire on all cylinders with the ammo you have to outfire your opponents!! After all it is only a debate!! Cheers!!

chinmoymukherjee wrote:

As long as every member gets a fair and an equal opportunity to put forth his or her views any talk of oppression of minority is not right.In the past my line of arguments was not to the liking of many and those were rebutted by them I never saw any trace of fascism in that. The platform of boddunan will remain and should remain one which reflects the broad spectrum of public opinion on all matters.If a member is obsessed with a particular topic and others happen to stand by him or her not much can be done unless the administration spells out its stand on putting restrictions on certain topics.For the time being fire on all cylinders with the ammo you have to outfire your opponents!! After all it is only a debate!! Cheers!!

Sir, there is nothing fascism about our discussion. Some have said that Hindus are being described as fascists. This is not so. As long as you follow your own religion and let others also follow theirs, you respect independence of thoughts and expression irrespective of differences, there is no fascism. 

But the tendency to force certain ideology (clearly the aggressive Hinduism) and brand all others as anti national is fascism. Despite fear of repetition, I say that as long as you respect the principle of unity in diversity, you are nationalist. But when you link nationalism to a particular religion and its practices and brand all others as anti nationalist, fascism is there. 

chinmoymukherjee wrote:

It is important to be balanced and brushing facts of history by stating that RSS and BJP are part of fascist forces makes me laugh so badly that I could die laughing on a bed of nails.  

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.