Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
vijay wrote:

Average Indian traveller does not enjoy tourism. He is only intersted in reaching destination and immediately moving to next one. He is quantity driven rather than quality driven.

very true, travel and exploration is not in the genes of Hindus. One hears of mariners like Vasco de Gama and other great travellers, but never a Indian. Hindus did not produce any great travellor, explorer or conqueror. Muslims were great travellers like Ibn Battuta, conquerors as well.

For me, as a designer and an Artist, I travel to get myself acquainted with different places in the country. My view is to depict, the rich culture of Bharat through my paintings and line drawings. I'm not interested in knowing others views in this regard.

Traveling for the purpose of gaining knowledge and absorption of other cultures and heritage is not very acceptable amongst Indian travelers. Most Indians travel only for the purpose of holy pilgrimage and now nature and adventure, water parks, amusement parks is added, basic purpose being to accumulate virtues and have as much fun as possible.

Visit any museum or art gallery in India and you see there are more foreigners than Indians.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Sometime back I met two persons who had been on 21 day European tour, one in a Gujarati and another in a Marathi group tour. I myself have been to some countries in Europe twice. So we were sharing experiences. Both the persons were thrilled that they had Indian food throughout the tour and did not taste European food. When I told them that eating their food would have given you an experience they were very surprised. I have observed that tourism for us is to see a place and move on. We rarely enjoy a place.

Most Indians travelling abroad for not want to leave their comfort zone - be with Indians, eat Indian food,continue to act the way they do in India like breaking ques  speaking loudly, calling out to each other at the top of their voice . From what I have heard from other people. Indian tourists are not liked at all by foreigners, they are tolerated.

Why don't we learn the positive aspects of other places when we travel rather than force ourselves on them?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Most Indians travelling abroad for not want to leave their comfort zone - be with Indians, eat Indian food,continue to act the way they do in India like breaking ques  speaking loudly, calling out to each other at the top of their voice . From what I have heard from other people. Indian tourists are not liked at all by foreigners, they are tolerated.

Why don't we learn the positive aspects of other places when we travel rather than force ourselves on them?

True Usha, I have heard often from my British friends how loud and littery Indian tourists are and they are barely tolerated out of politeness and common civility. The purpose of tourism should be basically to learn more about the culture and ways of the places we visit, enjoy and savour local delicacies and try to understand what kind of life is lead by people in those places. And Indians fail terribly in those aspects.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The Indians  ipso facto throughout history have never been great travellers. Historically I am aware of only Guru Nanak who travelled to Mecca, Baghdad and Rameshwaram on to Lanka. This non-travel and insular approach have rubbed on to most Indians, but there is a new breed who are throwing old traditions to the wind and travelling. I myself have visited at least 36 countries. But everything takes time. My most cherished visit is to Cuba and Rio as an add on after my stint with the USAF

well i have seen many of my elders who are willing to visit foreign countries such as America, UK etc., i don't know why they do it, because in India there is so much beautiful places where one can easily have a peaceful mind which will be good for his mental condition only. 

bhuyali saroj

Traveling provides learning and education about places and History. Connects us to other cultures and people. Expands our  awareness and introduces us to greater diversity. If you stay in India, the opportunities  are comparatively narrower than places out side India.

Travelling is fun, as for me I travel for adventure and get to know about different cultures and peoples. And If you ask me travel word sounds great to me. It's a good idea to visit different places rather than sitting around in the nest. 

I'm from Himachal, I think my fellow boddunans will love to visit this holy place which is next to heaven. You'll love this place and the peoples. India is full of awesome places but in from my side Himachal is the crown of India. I bet you don't even think about leaving this place.

Just get here peoples...peace.

blush.pngasaan hai! blush.png

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.