Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Like Kalyani said the blame game is on. And with country like India where Money and Power speak, i dont think an inquiry would help bring out the truth. But personally my heart goes out to Jisha n kavitha.

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Enquiry has to be set up. Reality has to  surface Up. Otherwise accept whatever happened without crying Foul.

Yes, there are two versions about this particular incident. Both the sides cannot be wrong. One has to be right and I feel officials hardly speak the truth when they are caught. When radiologists are sent with the Indian contingent in place of doctors then our officials can stoop to anything.

shampasaid

Whatever, one sees on the surface may not be always true. To ascertain what is true and what's false, an impartial enquiry has to take place. Till then , we  maintain silence.

One can never say who is right but the ordeal the athletes went through is something that should not be tolerated no matter what the reason is. The AFI should have made alternative arrangements to provide them with water like it is done with other countries reps.I sincerely hope they thoroughly look into the matter and correct themselves ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It's true that we should not make hue and cry unless we are sure about the facts but still I would like to raise my doubt. We know how the athletes face difficulties in our country but the athletes know it better than us. In such a scenario when a runner has come up against the apathy of the officials knowing fully that if she is proved wrong then her career will be ruined is a point to ponder.

shampasaid

Definitely. If the Marathon  runner's allegations are proved false, she will be punished certainly. But, Why she should dig her own grove ? What she'd gain by this ? Would she spoil her earlier record of Beijing knowingly ?

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

It's true that we should not make hue and cry unless we are sure about the facts but still I would like to raise my doubt. We know how the athletes face difficulties in our country but the athletes know it better than us. In such a scenario when a runner has come up against the apathy of the officials knowing fully that if she is proved wrong then her career will be ruined is a point to ponder.

I agree that one must know all facts before making any accusations, but then there has to be a grain of truth in what happened as is claimed by Jaisha otherwise she wouldn't make such accusations and put her own career at stake. Whatever the case is in truth, we cannot deny the fact the way Indian officials are prone to behaving when they are out for an international event. Most of them are only interested in sightseeing and merrymaking rather than focus on supporting and providing assistance to athletes which they are supposed to do. The athletes are the ones who do hard work and bear all stress but they are the ones given least importance by the officials.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The truth is that in either case the image of Indian sports has taken a beating.

And another truth is that everyone is pointing at others, but no one is willing to even think about corrective actions. And that is the saddest part. 

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.