It's a poem worth reading. Those who are against girl child will be certainly ashamed of themselves after reading and understanding the verse. May be I am expecting too much from a sick society because this is not the first time that someone has hailed the girl child but nothing has changed till date. Sharing the link:

http://indianexpress.com/article/trending/trending-in-india/prasoon-joshi-shames-the-patriarchal-society-honours-girl-child-in-his-hard-hitting-verse-2995844/

 


shampasaid

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Prasoon Joshi through his verse gives a befitting reply to those who disown girl child

    by » 6 years ago


    Really touching. But yes it would be expecting too much and too soon for things to change. But really hoping to see that change.

    The text link for the same poem

    https://www.facebook.com/notes/prasoon-joshi/%E0%A4%B6%E0%A4%B0%E0%A5%8D%E0%A4%AE-%E0%A4%86-%E0%A4%B0%E0%A4%B9%E0%A5%80-%E0%A4%B9%E0%A5%88-%E0%A4%A8%E0%A4%BE/1420813391279251


    Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius


  • Re: Prasoon Joshi through his verse gives a befitting reply to those who disown girl child

    by » 6 years ago


    A great work by Prasoon Joshi eulogizing the performances  of the two girls, Sakshi and Sindhu in Rio. Olympics. Whenever a girl or a Woman shows her prowess in her chosen field such examples of eulogizing would come up emphasizing the worth of Girl Child. We lavish praises liberally describing her as the incarnation of SHAKTI and the very next  day atrocities of on women start.


  • Re: Prasoon Joshi through his verse gives a befitting reply to those who disown girl child

    by » 6 years ago


    Divya wrote:

    Really touching. But yes it would be expecting too much and too soon for things to change. But really hoping to see that change.

    The text link for the same poem

    https://www.facebook.com/notes/prasoon-joshi/%E0%A4%B6%E0%A4%B0%E0%A5%8D%E0%A4%AE-%E0%A4%86-%E0%A4%B0%E0%A4%B9%E0%A5%80-%E0%A4%B9%E0%A5%88-%E0%A4%A8%E0%A4%BE/1420813391279251

    Thanks Divya for sharing the text link. Each and every word, every sentence, the meaning of the whole poem simply touches the heart. This poem should not remain confined in books, newspapers or internet but it must be made audible to one and all in every corner of India not once but repeatedly. It should be used as a hammer to make people understand what a girl child means. I really feel grateful to the writer for writing such a touching poem and raising his voice against disowning a girl child.


    shampasaid


  • Re: Prasoon Joshi through his verse gives a befitting reply to those who disown girl child

    by » 6 years ago


    rambabu wrote:

    A great work by Prasoon Joshi eulogizing the performances  of the two girls, Sakshi and Sindhu in Rio. Olympics. Whenever a girl or a Woman shows her prowess in her chosen field such examples of eulogizing would come up emphasizing the worth of Girl Child. We lavish praises liberally describing her as the incarnation of SHAKTI and the very next  day atrocities of on women start.

    I have a point to mention that you always name only the medal winners but Rio has given India a gymnast Dipa and an eighteen year old golfer Aditi Ashok too for whom we should be equally proud. Even the video of the poem has the image of all the four women athletes.  

     


    shampasaid


  • Re: Prasoon Joshi through his verse gives a befitting reply to those who disown girl child

    by » 6 years ago


    Shampa Sadhya wrote:
    rambabu wrote:

    A great work by Prasoon Joshi eulogizing the performances  of the two girls, Sakshi and Sindhu in Rio. Olympics. Whenever a girl or a Woman shows her prowess in her chosen field such examples of eulogizing would come up emphasizing the worth of Girl Child. We lavish praises liberally describing her as the incarnation of SHAKTI and the very next  day atrocities of on women start.

    I have a point to mention that you always name only the medal winners but Rio has given India a gymnast Dipa and an eighteen year old golfer Aditi Ashok too for whom we should be equally proud. Even the video of the poem has the image of all the four women athletes.  

    I named winners.  Bur Deepa karmakar almost won a medal. So is Aditi.She too made India proud. there is no controversy in that. Every Indian who is a Sports lover is aware of these four performers and their contribution.

    Did I say always about Medal winners ? please take the trouble of going back in these forums. You will see besides these Four star performers, I mentioned Dutee Chand too.

     


  • Re: Prasoon Joshi through his verse gives a befitting reply to those who disown girl child

    by » 6 years ago


    rambabu wrote:
    Shampa Sadhya wrote:
    rambabu wrote:

    A great work by Prasoon Joshi eulogizing the performances  of the two girls, Sakshi and Sindhu in Rio. Olympics. Whenever a girl or a Woman shows her prowess in her chosen field such examples of eulogizing would come up emphasizing the worth of Girl Child. We lavish praises liberally describing her as the incarnation of SHAKTI and the very next  day atrocities of on women start.

    I have a point to mention that you always name only the medal winners but Rio has given India a gymnast Dipa and an eighteen year old golfer Aditi Ashok too for whom we should be equally proud. Even the video of the poem has the image of all the four women athletes.  

    I named winners.  Bur Deepa karmakar almost won a medal. So is Aditi.She too made India proud. there is no controversy in that. Every Indian who is a Sports lover is aware of these four performers and their contribution.

    Did I say always about Medal winners ? please take the trouble of going back in these forums. You will see besides these Four star performers, I mentioned Dutee Chand too.

    There is no reason to recheck your posts. I felt you usually highlight the winners as you have started some topics related to them only. Mentioning Dutee Chand has no relevance in this context. Whom you applaud is your choice, I specifically mentioned it because the video highlights all the four athletes I mentioned above. I have no problem if you don't wish to name a few.   


    shampasaid


  • Re: Prasoon Joshi through his verse gives a befitting reply to those who disown girl child

    by » 6 years ago


    Shampa Sadhya wrote:
    rambabu wrote:
    Shampa Sadhya wrote:
    rambabu wrote:

    A great work by Prasoon Joshi eulogizing the performances  of the two girls, Sakshi and Sindhu in Rio. Olympics. Whenever a girl or a Woman shows her prowess in her chosen field such examples of eulogizing would come up emphasizing the worth of Girl Child. We lavish praises liberally describing her as the incarnation of SHAKTI and the very next  day atrocities of on women start.

    I have a point to mention that you always name only the medal winners but Rio has given India a gymnast Dipa and an eighteen year old golfer Aditi Ashok too for whom we should be equally proud. Even the video of the poem has the image of all the four women athletes.  

    I named winners.  Bur Deepa karmakar almost won a medal. So is Aditi.She too made India proud. there is no controversy in that. Every Indian who is a Sports lover is aware of these four performers and their contribution.

    Did I say always about Medal winners ? please take the trouble of going back in these forums. You will see besides these Four star performers, I mentioned Dutee Chand too.

    There is no reason to recheck your posts. I felt you usually highlight the winners as you have started some topics related to them only. Mentioning Dutee Chand has no relevance in this context. Whom you applaud is your choice, I specifically mentioned it because the video highlights all the four athletes I mentioned above. I have no problem if you don't wish to name a few.   

    I respect all those winners who brought name to this country. I never meant any disrespect any one.  By Not mentioning a name, their greatness will not be dimmed even a shade.

     


  • Re: Prasoon Joshi through his verse gives a befitting reply to those who disown girl child

    by » 6 years ago


    Coming back to the topic.. much more needs to be from the govt to mobilize the information and get to the grass root level. Just by creating a brand ambassador or writing verses will not help much. But yes these are definitely starting points. We need to educate the rural people more and also the customs like dowry need to be eradicated first. 

    With the kind of society we have today its become a nightmare of sorts to safely bring up the girl child. The parents have to be constantly on the vigil. Add to it the customs like dowry, for the poor people its a big burden. Its probably these reasons why people are shunning away their girl children. These issues need to be addressed first.


    Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius


  • Re: Prasoon Joshi through his verse gives a befitting reply to those who disown girl child

    by » 6 years ago


    During the British rule in India, the writers and the poets have uplifted the mood of the people, created awareness, and, instilled patriotism in their countrymen so now too the present day writing fraternity can play a major role in making people understand their folly. The writers should write motivating pieces which can help to bring social reform but the problem is in our political system, lack of education, and, the mindset. 

    There are parents who feel exhausted while giving dowry during their daughter's marriage but never refuse to accept the same during son's marriage. They think that as they gave dowry so the time is ripe to receive too. There lies a huge problem. The day parents of a male child will stop accepting dowry even if they gave for their daughter's marriage might bring in a significant change. The marriageable man and woman need to be firm that marriage must take place without dowry. It's not the practices but the mindset which has made a girl child a burden. Education and awareness can change the whole system.  


    shampasaid


  • Re: Prasoon Joshi through his verse gives a befitting reply to those who disown girl child

    by » 6 years ago


    Shampa Sadhya wrote:

    During the British rule in India, the writers and the poets have uplifted the mood of the people, created awareness, and, instilled patriotism in their countrymen so now too the present day writing fraternity can play a major role in making people understand their folly. The writers should write motivating pieces which can help to bring social reform but the problem is in our political system, lack of education, and, the mindset. 

    There are parents who feel exhausted while giving dowry during their daughter's marriage but never refuse to accept the same during son's marriage. They think that as they gave dowry so the time is ripe to receive too. There lies a huge problem. The day parents of a male child will stop accepting dowry even if they gave for their daughter's marriage might bring in a significant change. The marriageable man and woman need to be firm that marriage must take place without dowry. It's not the practices but the mindset which has made a girl child a burden. Education and awareness can change the whole system.  

    cant agree more :) all points are bang on correct.


    Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius


    Thank you said by: Shampa Sadhya

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.