Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Although it may not seem  obvious but a whole lot of our films are based on foreign films , but cleverly changed to look Indian in its look ! They have never got caught from what I see , so also the writers ! There are any number of writers who have literally translated books by foreign writers without acknowledging the fact but have never been caught . It is rampant and shameful ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51

Most of India's reality shows & movies are actually borrowed (or sometimes stolen) ideas. KBC, Indian Idol, Bang Bang, Sarkar, etc. have been undoubtedly copied from Hollywood. Some of them accept and acknowledge that they've borrowed the idea. Some don't.

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Even AR Reman is accused of copying Hollywood music. As far Bollywood movies are concerned there is a long list of existing plagiarized work scene to scene, dialogue to dialogue copied.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I agree with Rambabu, it is punishable and I have done that many times when I caught a plagiarizer on this site. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: rambabu, usha manohar

Plagiarism can be unintentional too.

I had read  "Story of My Life", the inspiring autobiography of Hellen Keller .She had given an account of how she was caught in a plagiarism row after publishing a story book, only for the people to realize that such a story has already been written. It was actually a story which she was told as a child, but it was there in her sub-conscious mind, hence it felt to her as if it was her own idea. 

“There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.” 

Oscar Wilde

Abhishek Sharma wrote:

Plagiarism can be unintentional too.

I had read  "Story of My Life", the inspiring autobiography of Hellen Keller .She had given an account of how she was caught in a plagiarism row after publishing a story book, only for the people to realize that such a story has already been written. It was actually a story which she was told as a child, but it was there in her sub-conscious mind, hence it felt to her as if it was her own idea. 

Yes such a thing can easily happen ...we read many similar stories even among foreign authors. .I remember once having this feeling of deja vu as I began reading a book , only to realise that I had read another book that was very similar in its contents and even narration ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

suni51 wrote:

I agree with Rambabu, it is punishable and I have done that many times when I caught a plagiarizer on this site. 

Yes.Plagiarism in any form is punishable, even it is done knowingly or unknowingly.

If you had caught plagiarizer  I really appreciate and that is really a commendable.

No one who has been caught indulging in plagiarism is ready to accept and some even try to act smart which of course can be seen through..

suni51 wrote:

I am sure the person was not only allowed to get away but is active and kicking away here ... believe me such a thing can happen only here !

jabeen wrote:
rambabu wrote:

A few years ago. quite a good number of Books which were plagiarised were caught. The thing is these plagiarised books are available cheaply. Poor librarian was taken in to custody for keeping the plagiarized books in the public library.

How are plagiarized available cheaply? Is there any difference in the price tag of original work or that of plagiarized one? I think you are confusing the plagiarized work with pirated version. 

Plagiarism is an unethical and should not be done. But I guess fame is more important than following ethics to some people. Bollywood has often been plagued with cases of plagiarism. Even very famous music composers like Any Malik has been accused with plagiarism.

I think he is confused between pirated books and plagiarism.

Anu Malik and many others have been accused of plagiarism but I think, that barring a few movies, most of the films including hits are plagiarisms Indianised to suit our audiences. eg. Sholay, a super hit and a cult hit was also lifted from the Hollywood blockbuster The Magnificent Seven. Even RD Burman lifted his super hit song Mehbooba Mehbooba from a Greek singer Demis Roussos's song which he had heard in a London pub. There are so many more such examples of plagiarism.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.