Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
ASHA DEVI wrote:

The system of dowry is very worst in our indian society. In india daughter are almost sold to someone. Daughter become burden on their parent. The system need to stop.

It is a mindset that needs to be corrected ...why should parents even think that marriage is the only option left for a daughter ? Why not educate her and make her stand in her own two feet and marry when and if she is ready to do so , not because the so called society expects them to do so ! 

I am agree with you. It is opinion that we should be make our daughter able to earn exp. of her marriage. Instead of saving money for marriage for daughters, spend it on their education. I am not saying but also act upon it.  I married my one daughter on completion of her education and when she said yes for marriage. In these days I am getting many offers for my second daughter, she is preparing for RJS, so I am saying no to everyone.

I think it is only a people perspectives change that can change it more comfortably.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

The dowry system will continue and will keep on creating menace in the society until the marriageable daughter refuses to get married by giving dowry. Girls have to be strong and must not make marriage to be their ultimate choice. Once the girls decide to protest then life is bound to change for the better.      

shampasaid

Thank you said by: epraneeth77, arjun sai
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

The dowry system will continue and will keep on creating menace in the society until the marriageable daughter refuses to get married by giving dowry. Girls have to be strong and must not make marriage to be their ultimate choice. Once the girls decide to protest then life is bound to change for the better.      

I completely agree Miss Shampa Sadhya, when a women empowers herself to be independent & take her decisions, things will change. Even now there are many protests being organized by the women in cases of Rape & I think possibly because of this POSCO Act could be enforced where a Non Bailable Arrest is executed case of Rape.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I am agree with you, in these daughters are not a cow to whom parents hand over to any one. But it is possible only in cities. More than 50% population is living in villages and there education level is not good one. Key of all problem of these type is education.

epraneeth77 wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I completely agree Miss Shampa Sadhya, when a women empowers herself to be independent & take her decisions, things will change. Even now there are many protests being organized by the women in cases of Rape & I think possibly because of this POSCO Act could be enforced where a Non Bailable Arrest is executed case of Rape.

Well said but for it we must be first educate women. In rural are some seats of sarpanch reserved for women, but indeed their sarpach are their husbands, women are only rubber stamp. Do you listen post of Sarpanch pati.

anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I am agree with you, in these daughters are not a cow to whom parents hand over to any one. But it is possible only in cities. More than 50% population is living in villages and there education level is not good one. Key of all problem of these type is education.

Education is the basic requirement for putting across one's opinion. That means, education has no alternative. It is a must which broadens thought process and widens its usage. Putting all my emphasis on education to empower oneself, I would also stress that surrounding and the experiences of people have the ability to educate the rest of the citizens. So, if girls desire then the dowry system can come to an end by rejecting the proposals of marriage by the dowry seeker.

shampasaid

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Education is the basic requirement for putting across one's opinion. That means, education has no alternative. It is a must which broadens thought process and widens its usage. Putting all my emphasis on education to empower oneself, I would also stress that surrounding and the experiences of people have the ability to educate the rest of the citizens. So, if girls desire then the dowry system can come to an end by rejecting the proposals of marriage by the dowry seeker.

Good thoughts but sad because they may end up remaining unmarried.Dowry is too deeply entrenched in India to go away with such simple steps.

Thank you said by: arjun sai, usha manohar
MG Singh wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Good thoughts but sad because they may end up remaining unmarried.Dowry is too deeply entrenched in India to go away with such simple steps.

Exactly sir, in many cases girls are also willing to take dowry from her parents because she wants to have good Bank balance etc. Many such girls are there right now in modern India they don't have much have much attachment to parents and call their parents as Budda and buddi. I have personally met such girls and I was shocked 

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Girl can reject if she is self dependent. Some time I read in newspapers that some girls say no to marriage because dowry and misbehave of groom family. Some time some boy also refuse to accept gifts. These are very few cases but it is begning.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.