The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
You can save environment by lesser consumption of energy. You would be surprised to note that even keeping your fridge on medium mode consumes lesser electricity and painting your houses in lighter shades means lesser heat and lesser air-conditioning.

I always keep fridge in medium mode. Also, defrost it once in every 2-3 days.
If we are staying away, keep it in minimum mode, just to keep it working

Painting houses in lighter shades is more important as that absorbs lesser heat from sun therefore electricity consumed on keeping house cool, lesser

What to do ...we are living in a rental home :pinch:
Its owner even not willing to white wash it once :angry:

Nothing to worry that would keep your house naturally cool as there won't be any color on that in a short while.

It's naturally cool as it is surrounded by trees and bushes. Also, paddy fields.....
The whole terrace is covered by metallic roof. This cools the ground floor a lot

Metallic roof or asbestos sheets are worst to cover an area, those absorb most heat or pass it on to covered area.

But our home was cool even at summer :unsure: :unsure:
Actually I didn't even noticed how this summer passed by
But I never go to terrace in the afternoon to sit below the metallic sheets.

Try that for a change even in winters but there are no winters in your area so you can try it even now while it's sunny.

Now it's rainy season....actually we get rains whole through the year, even summers :woohoo: :woohoo:

Meera sandhu
You can save environment by lesser consumption of energy. You would be surprised to note that even keeping your fridge on medium mode consumes lesser electricity and painting your houses in lighter shades means lesser heat and lesser air-conditioning.

Painting houses in lighter shades is more important as that absorbs lesser heat from sun therefore electricity consumed on keeping house cool, lesser

Nothing to worry that would keep your house naturally cool as there won't be any color on that in a short while.

It's naturally cool as it is surrounded by trees and bushes. Also, paddy fields.....
The whole terrace is covered by metallic roof. This cools the ground floor a lot

Metallic roof or asbestos sheets are worst to cover an area, those absorb most heat or pass it on to covered area.

Try that for a change even in winters but there are no winters in your area so you can try it even now while it's sunny.

Now it's rainy season....actually we get rains whole through the year, even summers :woohoo: :woohoo:

As if I had never been to Kerala to know the weather conditions there :evil: I have seen more Kerala than you have seen. :whistle: Right from Pallakad to Truanthpuram and Kozikod to Pathanmittha.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

As if I had never been to Kerala to know the weather conditions there :evil: I have seen more Kerala than you have seen. :whistle: Right from Pallakad to Truanthpuram and Kozikod to Pathanmittha.

of course..because you are 25-30 years older than me ;)

Meera sandhu
The easiest yet effective way is, carry your own recycle bag
Also, use your own container when you want to take away food
Print double side for your notes
Also, I never take cover of my soft drinks when having fast food
sometimes I dun use straw
every tiny little things help

Yes small measures go a long way in conserving the environment ! Paper is being recycled now by many which is very much needed to control deforestation !
Using environmentally friendly material for house construction can help in keeping the interiors cool , thereby reducing the consumption of power ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes small measures go a long way in conserving the environment ! Paper is being recycled now by many which is very much needed to control deforestation !
Using environmentally friendly material for house construction can help in keeping the interiors cool , thereby reducing the consumption of power ..

I am not sure about India, I meant is recycle rubbish tin everyway and how is government doing on recycling rubbish
but in my country its not that impressive for me how they handle all these :(

I am not sure about India, I meant is recycle rubbish tin everyway and how is government doing on recycling rubbish
but in my country its not that impressive for me how they handle all these :(

Recycling is pretty much the same anywhere in the world,the material may differ depending on the climate etc...BTW , where do you come from Todd ? :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is not possible to say in one word ,how we can reduce global warming. We should do as much as possible to protect it.
For exaple -we should use less our vechile ,we have to plant more.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
It is not possible to say in one word ,how we can reduce global warming. We should do as much as possible to protect it.
For exaple -we should use less our vechile ,we have to plant more.

Plant what? :blink: :blink: :blink:
Vehicles? :silly: :silly: :silly:

Meera sandhu
Only awareness at the highest level can make real difference to this problem. It's true that all small efforts go into making the situation somewhat tolerable but that can't replace huge efforts required from policy-makers to those who are entrusted with the job of implementing them. All our big industries are the villains of the piece - these pollute waters,skies - spewing carbons with gay abandon! All the governmental agencies watch these depredations helplessly! B) B) B)
Only awareness at the highest level can make real difference to this problem. It's true that all small efforts go into making the situation somewhat tolerable but that can't replace huge efforts required from policy-makers to those who are entrusted with the job of implementing them. All our big industries are the villains of the piece - these pollute waters,skies - spewing carbons with gay abandon! All the governmental agencies watch these depredations helplessly! B) B) B)

To be very frank the big countries who are playing the blame games are more responsible for global warming. Would you believe me that Google is one who is one big contributor with its search engines consuming oil and emitting CO allover the world.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.