Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The popular styles of briyani in India are Hyderabadi, Awadhi, Sindhi, Ambur, Vaniyambadi, Bhatkali, Memoni, Malabar, Thallapakattu, Beary, Buhari, Bombay.

what's this Malabar Biryani. am in Kerla, yet hearing for the first time :blink:

In kerala, Kozhicode Biryani is most famous

Andhra was free from all the invasions ( In fact, except Mughals, none are the invaders of India.All of them are expanded their kingdoms). Hence we retained our original flavors and our exclusive cuisine.

i think mughals have not reached Kerala, but Mysore kings have reigned kerala before British

Meera sandhu
Well, Our country was conqured and ruled by Mauryas, Guptas, Chalukyas, Cholas, Pallavas, Mughals and many more.

Any idea on the food style followed by kings and queens of these dynasties? Are we preparing any of the dishes they used during their period? We will score out the hyderabadi biryani and haleem :laugh:

Apparently, The Chalukys kings who ruled south India especially places like Vijayanagar, Hampi, Badami in Karnataka were known to be great lovers of art and food. Art flourished during their time and many dishes like Rice Kheer made with nuts and a dish made with vegetables and pulses cooked together was made specially for the kings.Fine rice brought in from Andhra was cooked with ghee , saffron and nuts to give it aroma.Meat dishes had mughalai influence with ghee,saffron and other spices added liberally...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

The popular styles of briyani in India are Hyderabadi, Awadhi, Sindhi, Ambur, Vaniyambadi, Bhatkali, Memoni, Malabar, Thallapakattu, Beary, Buhari, Bombay.

what's this Malabar Biryani. am in Kerla, yet hearing for the first time :blink:

Sandhya Malabar Biryani is also called as Kozhicode Briyani. Also in the special Malabar biriyani, fried chickens will be used.
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani

Andhra was free from all the invasions ( In fact, except Mughals, none are the invaders of India.All of them are expanded their kingdoms). Hence we retained our original flavors and our exclusive cuisine.

I love Andhra food which are very spicy but tasty, we have a couple of restaurants in Mangalore which serve excellent Andhra food especially the veg and no veg Thalis - good value for money..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Sandhya Malabar Biryani is also called as Kozhicode Briyani. Also in the special Malabar biriyani, fried chickens will be used.

yes, north kerala is known as Malabar and Kozhicode is a part of it....
But chicken is not fried and added, just cook/baked along with half cooked rice. just go through my boddunan articles, you will get recipe :P

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: Arun Selvan

yes, north kerala is known as Malabar and Kozhicode is a part of it....
But chicken is not fried and added, just cook/baked along with half cooked rice. just go through my boddunan articles, you will get recipe :P

Thanks Sandhya. Could you provide me the link of that article? There is no search option found in the article section.
nice

Swetha Shenoy

I love Andhra food which are very spicy but tasty, we have a couple of restaurants in Mangalore which serve excellent Andhra food especially the veg and no veg Thalis - good value for money..

If you are a non- vegetarian, you should taste the mouth watering sea food of Andhra

If you are a non- vegetarian, you should taste the mouth watering sea food of Andhra

I have tasted vegetarian meals alone in Andhra hotels. I don't had a chance to taste non-veg items until now.

All Andhra foods are very tasty. But I feel all the dishes are too spicy comparing to the dishes of Tamilnadu. Here are many Andhra Mess in Tamilnadu.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.