Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Suppose you are forced to cut down on your monthly and annual expenditure drastically, which one/ones of the following would you give up? and why?
1, Watching films in a theater
2, Eating out
3, Buying liquor
4, Using own vehicle
5, Going to the beauty parlor
6, Monthly savings
7,Eating non vegetarian food
8, shopping
9, Holidays

I never buy liquor and never visit beauty parlour. I rarely watch film in theater, eat out or eat non veg foods, go for shopping. May if the expenditure is to be cut down drastically, then I will completely stop those which I do rarely.

I wonder which ones will be stopped by those who do all of the above things....Most people hold to the ones that they like the most even if it is costing them more and give it up only when there is no other go !

For those who are used to doing all the above might find it difficult to cut down on buying liquor and watching movies, I have seen it firsthand with some people I know!

Personally, I would give up eating out, shopping, watching movies in a theater but would not give up beauty parlour in any case, I need it for my confidence !

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar
I will give up
1. Watching films in the theater
2.Eating out in the hotel
3. Going on Holiday
Suppose you are forced to cut down on your monthly and annual expenditure drastically, which one/ones of the following would you give up? and why?
2, Eating out
3, Buying liquor
4, Using own vehicle
6, Monthly savings
8, shopping
9, Holidays

I never buy liquor and never visit beauty parlour. I rarely watch film in theater, eat out or eat non veg foods, go for shopping. May if the expenditure is to be cut down drastically, then I will completely stop those which I do rarely.

I wonder which ones will be stopped by those who do all of the above things....Most people hold to the ones that they like the most even if it is costing them more and give it up only when there is no other go !

For those who are used to doing all the above might find it difficult to cut down on buying liquor and watching movies, I have seen it firsthand with some people I know!

Personally, I would give up eating out, shopping, watching movies in a theater but would not give up beauty parlour in any case, I need it for my confidence !

Of course, I agree with you Kalyani, why ever give up a simple pleasure like going to a beauty parlor? :cheer: .....Personally I have gone to the parlor just 4 times in my life dragged by my daughters , more because of laziness, once I am back home I get stuck here ! I feel that one can give up everything when it is needed except the basic necessities ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

2, Eating out
3, Buying liquor
4, Using own vehicle
6, Monthly savings
8, shopping
9, Holidays

Of course, I agree with you Kalyani, why ever give up a simple pleasure like going to a beauty parlor? :cheer: .....Personally I have gone to the parlor just 4 times in my life dragged by my daughters , more because of laziness, once I am back home I get stuck here ! I feel that one can give up everything when it is needed except the basic necessities ...

True! And I think it is very much needed just for the sake of looking good but is really necessary as a booster for your self-esteem and feeling good!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

2, Eating out
3, Buying liquor
4, Using own vehicle
6, Monthly savings
8, shopping
9, Holidays

That's the right thing one should do. We should try not to spend money on the things just for pleasure frequently. :)
2, Eating out
3, Buying liquor
4, Using own vehicle
6, Monthly savings
8, shopping
9, Holidays

That's the right thing one should do. We should try not to spend money on the things just for pleasure frequently. :)

Of course , When things are normal, we must indulge and splurge once in a while otherwise life becomes too monotonus and boring, so we can add some excitement even if you have to scrimp later ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I can't understand, Because I rarely do this thing. I never buy liquor.

I rarely eating non vegetarian food also.

I will give up:

For holidays.

Be positive
I can stop anything except liquor and non veg food. I had never visited any beauty parlor in my life till now, so it does not count. I will quit going to movies for a month.

“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”

If at all you are forced to cut down on your monthly and annual expenditure drastically, you may try this instead of beauty parlor.
Easy, at-home spa treatments
http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/10-home-spa-treatments-034454870.html

If at all you are forced to cut down on your monthly and annual expenditure drastically, you may try this instead of beauty parlor.
Easy, at-home spa treatments
http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/10-home-spa-treatments-034454870.html

There are alternatives for car usage also. People in a locality will use the car pooling system, where in only one person's car will be used for a week.. The system will be rotated each week and another person 's car will be used. And this rotation eases the expenditure burden on Petrol.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.