Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kozhicode biriyani I never heard this name before. Will try it if I get any chance.

Kozhicode is also known as Calicut and is in the state of Kerala...Malabari biriyani is quite tasty but not as good as the Hyderabadi ones...

I am little confused why these Biryani are mostly liked by Muslim people. Even in some of big function, Biryani is most Popular.

Biriyani is a Mughlai dish and brought to India by Afghans when they came here for trade so naturally muslims have an affinity towards it. After it came to India it became indianised with added spice and other stuff...

I think earlier biryani was just Meat and rice having together. So, Meat was mixed in boiled rice and this was said Biryani. Lots of Muslims were there in South and South was the region were the spices came first. So, may be the Rulers want to mix those spices in Biryani and to give a different touch to Biryani.

Want to make each day Accountable

Kozhicode biriyani I never heard this name before. Will try it if I get any chance.

Kozhicode is also known as Calicut and is in the state of Kerala...Malabari biriyani is quite tasty but not as good as the Hyderabadi ones...

I am little confused why these Biryani are mostly liked by Muslim people. Even in some of big function, Biryani is most Popular.

Biriyani is a Mughlai dish and brought to India by Afghans when they came here for trade so naturally muslims have an affinity towards it. After it came to India it became indianised with added spice and other stuff...

I think earlier biryani was just Meat and rice having together. So, Meat was mixed in boiled rice and this was said Biryani. Lots of Muslims were there in South and South was the region were the spices came first. So, may be the Rulers want to mix those spices in Biryani and to give a different touch to Biryani.

No that is not but most of the Muslim community mix meat pieces in the rice so people think that biryani is always a non veg dish :) .
SJ Not only muslims, all will do like that that is our wish. Even we people mix mutton pieces in mutton biryani and chicken in chicken biryani. Without mixing how we can say it is mutton biryani and chicken biryani and fish biryani

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

SJ Not only muslims, all will do like that that is our wish. Even we people mix mutton pieces in mutton biryani and chicken in chicken biryani. Without mixing how we can say it is mutton biryani and chicken biryani and fish biryani

Then what about Hyderabadi Biryani what do they mix in it?. :blink:

No that is not but most of the Muslim community mix meat pieces in the rice so people think that biryani is always a non veg dish :) .

I think, it was a Non-veg dish. It is still a non-veg dish, but now Vegetarian people have invented different varieties.

Actually it came to the north,Pakistan which has Afghanistan as its border and was part of India.From there it spread to other places.Lucknow is another place known for its Mughlai biriyani.
The traders and nomads used to put rice,meat and kesar water with some flavoring items , wrap it in Leaves and then cover it with mud made like a shell and put the whole thing into coal fire and it would be left there to cook.They would then break the hardened mad shell and take out the cooked biriyani...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Actually it came to the north,Pakistan which has Afghanistan as its border and was part of India.From there it spread to other places.Lucknow is another place known for its Mughlai biriyani.
The traders and nomads used to put rice,meat and kesar water with some flavoring items , wrap it in Leaves and then cover it with mud made like a shell and put the whole thing into coal fire and it would be left there to cook.They would then break the hardened mad shell and take out the cooked biriyani...

Yes, i have heard about the input of Kesar in rice to change the flavor. The method you told is the first time I have heard. Rice cook in mud shell. Its a old method.

Yes, i have heard about the input of Kesar in rice to change the flavor. The method you told is the first time I have heard. Rice cook in mud shell. Its a old method.

Of course olden days when it was done by the nomads and traders who had no access to food for days together,They wold carry raw rice and dried camel meat with them and the spices were always with them since most of them were carrying it for trade..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Deyani is from which state Mary.

Don't know. But she only started this thread. Thats why I told.

http://rebacca-vethathiri.blogspot.in/
Deyani is from which state Mary.

Don't know. But she only started this thread. Thats why I told.

She is from our state that is West Bengal and from Kolkata. ;) ;)

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.