Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In India we have the habit of consuming curds/yogurt/buttermilk/lassi along with our meals.So also in places like Turkey,Lebanon,Greece and other mediterenian countries where yogurt is a part of their main meals.The good news is that yogurt is very healthy and lowers high BP risk..
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/diet/Eating-yogurt-lowers-high-BP-risk/articleshow/16473567.cms

Curd is better than milk. It improve appetite. For health tonned milk curd in better and for taste full cream milk curd in good one.

I normally remove the top layer of cream in the milk before making curds, it comes out thick and really nice.It is such a wonderful thing to have now during summer months.One can make so many different food items as well like Raita, Curd curry,Lassi,Khadi etc etc..

Yes there are so many wonderful ways one can consume this delicious product. I sometimes simply love to add a little sugar to fresh curds and eat it instead of a proper meal! My son too loves it this way to my relief because he does not like to have milk later in the day after having one glass of milk in the morning!

I too love curds with sugar or honey.In fact Sreekand is another dish I love..

In summer , no coolant will work as effectively as Curd. It's the last item in a 3 course meal in South India,be it winter, Summer or monsoon.

Yes that is very true, now it is so hot here during day time that the only two thirst quenchers that I like other than water - Tender coconut water and spiced buttermilk...

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 10589]}

We say 'Majjiga' in the local lingo. Curds are diluted,sprinkled with coriander leaves and pieces of ginger and kept in earthen pots . overnight. I have never come across with such an effective coolant that can annul the effects of hot summer.

It is called Majjige in Kannada :) and it is very refreshing after a heavy meal, settles down your system,Now that it is summer time you also get to attend weddings where they serve heavy meals and to have a glass of Majjige along with or at the end of the meal is heavenly !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In India we have the habit of consuming curds/yogurt/buttermilk/lassi along with our meals.So also in places like Turkey,Lebanon,Greece and other mediterenian countries where yogurt is a part of their main meals.The good news is that yogurt is very healthy and lowers high BP risk..
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/diet/Eating-yogurt-lowers-high-BP-risk/articleshow/16473567.cms

Curd is better than milk. It improve appetite. For health tonned milk curd in better and for taste full cream milk curd in good one.

I normally remove the top layer of cream in the milk before making curds, it comes out thick and really nice.It is such a wonderful thing to have now during summer months.One can make so many different food items as well like Raita, Curd curry,Lassi,Khadi etc etc..

Yes there are so many wonderful ways one can consume this delicious product. I sometimes simply love to add a little sugar to fresh curds and eat it instead of a proper meal! My son too loves it this way to my relief because he does not like to have milk later in the day after having one glass of milk in the morning!

In summer , no coolant will work as effectively as Curd. It's the last item in a 3 course meal in South India,be it winter, Summer or monsoon.

Yes that is very true, now it is so hot here during day time that the only two thirst quenchers that I like other than water - Tender coconut water and spiced buttermilk...

We say 'Majjiga' in the local lingo. Curds are diluted,sprinkled with coriander leaves and pieces of ginger and kept in earthen pots . overnight. I have never come across with such an effective coolant that can annul the effects of hot summer.

It is called Majjige in Kannada :) and it is very refreshing after a heavy meal, settles down your system,Now that it is summer time you also get to attend weddings where they serve heavy meals and to have a glass of Majjige along with or at the end of the meal is heavenly !

In Maharashtra we call it "mattha". I just love drinking it. People here are crazy for this drink. And if there is a marriage reception, people make it a point to keep this as a food item.
Thank you said by: usha manohar

I am in Bengaluru for the last one week.. Begaluru is no more that 'Udyana Nagara'. It was as hot as any other place in Andhra. In that intense heat, I with my family went to Bannerughatta to have a look at the Safari. To my utter relief I found a series of 'Majjige outlets at the entrance of Bannerughatta Biological Museum. We all had enough Majjige to our heart's content. It was not all, I filled my large flask with Majjige to face the scorching hate. All along it stood in good stead driving away the effects of Heat. It was really a heavenly experience.
The specialty of Majjige was it was sprinkled with cucumber pieces.
In Maharashtra we call it "mattha". I just love drinking it. People here are crazy for this drink. And if there is a marriage reception, people make it a point to keep this as a food item.

I am in Bengaluru for the last one week.. Begaluru is no more that 'Udyana Nagara'. It was as hot as any other place in Andhra. In that intense heat, I with my family went to Bannerughatta to have a look at the Safari. To my utter relief I found a series of 'Majjige outlets at the entrance of Bannerughatta Biological Museum. We all had enough Majjige to our heart's content. It was not all, I filled my large flask with Majjige to face the scorching hate. All along it stood in good stead driving away the effects of Heat. It was really a heavenly experience.

Yes in Bangalore and Mysore they have different kinds of majjige, with ginger,curry leaves and coriander leaves, or with green chillies and roasted jeera powder or plain salt and pepper...all of them taste good !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes in Bangalore and Mysore they have different kinds of majjige, with ginger,curry leaves and coriander leaves, or with green chillies and roasted jeera powder or plain salt and pepper...all of them taste good !

There's a lot of similarity between how people make this drink over there and here. In Maharashtra, however, we may or may not use the green chilly. However, all the other ingredients are there.

There's a lot of similarity between how people make this drink over there and here. In Maharashtra, however, we may or may not use the green chilly. However, all the other ingredients are there.

Yes thats true ! Here in Mangalore we add ground raw mango,ginger and greenchily to the diluted butter milk and the taste is superb ! A glass of chilled spiced biuttermilk is the best drink to offer to guests during summer !

Yes it is without any doubt basically the thing is it's full of nutrition and a very healthy thing for a person who is into physical activities.If someone who is not really active they can gain weight by having it on daily basis because it is nutritionally high.Otherwise it is full of benefits.
Yes it is without any doubt basically the thing is it's full of nutrition and a very healthy thing for a person who is into physical activities.If someone who is not really active they can gain weight by having it on daily basis because it is nutritionally high.Otherwise it is full of benefits.

True but that holds equally for other foods too, eat anything and be inactive, you will see an increase in your weight. And where yoghurt is concerned, there are good options of yoghurts made from low-fat milk or skimmed milk that will not increase your weight but also provide all the good nutrients of milk.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.