Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

Eating limited food also helps in weight reduction. But care should be taken that whatever you eat contains all the nutrients required for your healthy Growth. Many people are under the wrong impression that a drastic reduction will help in reducing the diet. It won't work. Rather it makes your weight increase. One of the effective way to reduce weight is Fasting  during night partially. That is you take the food in less quantity supplemented with Butter milk. Ayurveda says one should eat food during night in such a way that you should get away from your dining table, even when you are capable of eating further.

Also it is recommended in Ayurveda that you should take food about 3 hours before going to bed, and if possible do some light walk after having each meal. It will help in proper digestion of food and there are less chances of increasing weight.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Eating limited food also helps in weight reduction. But care should be taken that whatever you eat contains all the nutrients required for your healthy Growth. Many people are under the wrong impression that a drastic reduction will help in reducing the diet. It won't work. Rather it makes your weight increase. One of the effective way to reduce weight is Fasting  during night partially. That is you take the food in less quantity supplemented with Butter milk. Ayurveda says one should eat food during night in such a way that you should get away from your dining table, even when you are capable of eating further.

Also it is recommended in Ayurveda that you should take food about 3 hours before going to bed, and if possible do some light walk after having each meal. It will help in proper digestion of food and there are less chances of increasing weight.

Walking is not necessary after each meal. It's enough to walk once either in the morning or evening. For indigestion I do Pavan Muktasana in the morning.

Ronark Bhardwaj wrote:

Yes, having small meals do help in reducing weight. I have lost almost 25 kgs weight in just single year. I used to eat small meals in regular duration of time. I gave up cold drinks and chocolate. One thing i used to do and still doing is consistently eating less food.

The most effective way of limiting your intake is by drinking water 15-20 minutes before each meal..It cuts down your intake automatically by 15% which in itself helps you lose weight, that added with exercise, mainly walking is very helpful in keeping you fit!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

That's exactly what I do. I drink water before meals. During nights I drink water one hour before my meals. And after meals I make it a point to drink Butter milk. Then a walk for about 10 minutes on my verandah which is quite long.

Drinking water in between meals damages your digestive system

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/diet/Say-no-to-water-between-meals/articleshow/10841125.cms

It depends...Some like to drink water along with their meals and I have seen in my own family my grand uncle who is 96 years old and still active and has had absolutely no major health complaints cannot do without a bottle of water at meal times.It depends very much on the individual's need and constitution, so cannot be generalised...

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=dailytip&dbid=120

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Anyhow what I said was related to my OWN experience. If somebody is habituated with drinking water in between meals and getting on well without any problems it's OK.

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

I think we should take next meal when the first one is completely digested and it takes 3 - 4 hours to digest a meal completely. So better to take 3 meals a day than 5 or 6. Also we should eat food only when we feel hungry.

What is given in the articles/s is just a basic guideline , however, one should follow only what suits each one the best ! I feel that people should eat sensibly and be active...When you are working it is not always possible to have 5 or 6 meals and practically it may not be possible to follow it ...There is no hard and fast rule about food because each country and region has its own choice of good and healthy food totally contrary to our own !

Strike a balance between your food habits and Health. And this can be known only by individual concerned.

usha manohar wrote:
Ronark Bhardwaj wrote:

Yes, having small meals do help in reducing weight. I have lost almost 25 kgs weight in just single year. I used to eat small meals in regular duration of time. I gave up cold drinks and chocolate. One thing i used to do and still doing is consistently eating less food.

The most effective way of limiting your intake is by drinking water 15-20 minutes before each meal..It cuts down your intake automatically by 15% which in itself helps you lose weight, that added with exercise, mainly walking is very helpful in keeping you fit!

Yes mam, this is the good advice. I do sometimes use this technique, specially when something favorite of mine is cooked in my hostel, so that i don't eat much.grinning.pnggrinning.png

Want to make each day Accountable

Any physical exercise will help in keeping your Health sound and healthy. But it should be remembered your exercise is consistent. Not once in a Blue moon.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.