Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
jabeen wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Though the cities mentioned are really more congested than Indian cities, they are surely much cleaner. I have been to Bangkok. It is really badly congested but so so clean. The biggest problem in India is the filth.

Yes,  I agree filth is the biggest problem in India. What is worst in India is the attitude of the citizens. No one is ready to accept beneficial suggestions. Just take for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and see people are still hesitant in building and using a toilet in their homes. Spitting here and there is another bad habit which the practitioners are not ready to forsake. 

Spitting and clearing the noses in the public places are among the most disgusting habits of many Indians. Its gross!!! But I think Indian ve somewhat improved regarding building toilets. Its heartening to read about women in villages putting pressures on their families to build toilets.

India is the only nation where people spit freely everywhere . Unless mindset changes we cannot expect the govt to do everything. As far as congestion is concerned u feel it is the density of population and the volume of traffic within that given space that is considered. Bangkok is thickly populated and the traffic can be a nightmare during peak hours..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is surprising that India have not single conjested city. Spitting on roads even if offices is very serious problem. If we go to watch movie in theater we will find there a small pond of sputum.

jabeen wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Though the cities mentioned are really more congested than Indian cities, they are surely much cleaner. I have been to Bangkok. It is really badly congested but so so clean. The biggest problem in India is the filth.

Yes,  I agree filth is the biggest problem in India. What is worst in India is the attitude of the citizens. No one is ready to accept beneficial suggestions. Just take for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and see people are still hesitant in building and using a toilet in their homes. Spitting here and there is another bad habit which the practitioners are not ready to forsake. 

Spitting and clearing the noses in the public places are among the most disgusting habits of many Indians. Its gross!!! But I think Indian ve somewhat improved regarding building toilets. Its heartening to read about women in villages putting pressures on their families to build toilets.

Definitely, toilets are getting built and people are gradually accepting the system but the process is still a little slow. Hopefully, it will gear up. Another awkward thing is that people throw stale food and vegetable peels on the roads which attract domestic animals and create a mess on the roads. Another demerit is allowing the domestic and pet animals relieving themselves on the road.  

shampasaid

It is not at all difficult to keep a city clean if each individual consciously puts in some effort. I feel that civic sense shd be taught to children on a compulsory basis at schools rather than moral education . Indians totally lack civic sense and rarely take pride in their surroundings and their city..Far too selfish !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

We are filthy nation. Just yesterday I saw a well dressed person getting out of a posh car and throw a crumpled piece of paper on the road and walk of nonchalantly.  Indian cities will take decades before achieving levels of cleanliness of even Bangkok.

It is for the citizens to keep the nation clean but we fail terribly. The reason is we believe in blaming others and are  never ready to accept some responsibility. We all must treat our country as our individual homes. As we are particular about maintaining cleanliness at our homes so we must all share responsibility to keep the country clean too. It's not the job of the govt only but we are equally responsible.

shampasaid

In general, people in India do not care about , keeping the Roads and surroundings clean and tidy,

What an informative post from rambabu, the usual Monday morning point grabbing tactic with his brainless posts. .

For every such attempt by Rambabu you reply with the usual accusation. So both of you get points. A nice example of chor chor mausere bhai. 

Thank you said by: Aditya tripathi
jabeen wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Yeah the attitude of masses towards cleanliness need to be changed.I daily travel by Mumbai local and I see well educated and office going women too throw garbage out of train windows.Its really ridiculous to watch them,then I purposely eat some chocolate in front of them and keep my wrapper in my bag so that they would feel shy and might not repeat their act.Open defecation on railways is another major issue ,its really a bad view in mornings.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.